SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   "SH3 Commander has found a running instance of Silent Hunter III" (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=242905)

ThePainSheriff 10-26-19 04:24 PM

"SH3 Commander has found a running instance of Silent Hunter III"

I run SH3 steam version with GWX 3.0 on win7 x64 and finally decided to install SH3 Commander. So I downloaded SH3 Commander and the files necessary to have it run with GWX. I followed the installation instructions, then started SH3, then closed it and tried running SH3 Commander. Every time, I get a message that says "SH3 Commander has found a running instance of Silent Hunter III. Please close Silent Hunter III and all associated files before retrying."

I don't have anything running when I try to start SCH3 cmdr. I tried searching the web and I found a couple people with the same issue but no solutions. Does anyone know if there is a solution that does not require reinstalling SH3? I'm in the middle of a career and would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks,
Pain Sheriff :salute:

Aktungbby 10-26-19 08:00 PM

Welcome aboard!

ThePainSheriff!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 10-27-19 06:43 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > ThePainSheriff
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Did you roll back GWX before you installed SH3 Commander?

David I 10-29-19 05:46 PM

Pain Sherrif,

Go to the Silent Hunter 3 part of this site and look for the Thread Title "GWX and SH3 Cmdr Start Issue". You are not alone.

There are a number of solutions. Some undoable by computer dolts like me and some doable but unpalatable (like change the name of the exe file and don't use SH3 Cmdr any more).

Good luck.

David I

ThePainSheriff 11-15-19 06:59 PM

Thank you for the replies everybody! I will try these suggestions and try to report back the results.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

kaleu 12-21-19 04:58 PM

SH3 CMDR issue

I'm also having the "SH3 Commander has found a running instance of Silent Hunter III" issue. Have unistalled/reinstalled sh3cmdr to no avail.
Berbster..what do mean rollback GWX....uninstall GWX?

Strykr 12-21-19 07:47 PM

Windows 7

I only have the problem with my first attempt to start SH3,
after restarting my PC.
My solution.....
Open task manager, select "Processes"
I find "sh3.exe *32"
Select=End process.

Commander either automatically restarts... or I restart it.
Good to go.

Hope this helps.

Aktungbby 12-21-19 09:15 PM

Welcome aboard!

Strykr!:Kaleun_Salute: forced to the surface after an 11 year silent run!!,:k_confused::Kaleun_Cheers: :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: :arrgh!:

kaleu 12-22-19 12:13 AM

Thankyou Strykr...works perfect now

Kaleu:yeah:

blackswan40 12-22-19 04:21 AM

Strykr Reengaging @Subsim just like Maverick!

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Salute:
Lock n Load Brother Welcome back Chief

THEBERBSTER 12-22-19 06:47 AM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community & Wishing You A Merry Christmas > Strykr
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Strykr 12-22-19 09:52 AM

Glad it worked for you kaleu. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Thanks Welcoming Committee Guys.:salute: