SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   An Excellent Cold Waters Gameplay Video (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231902)

John Channing 06-17-17 10:43 AM

An Excellent Cold Waters Gameplay Video

By one of the most respected youtube wargamers out there, The Mighty Jingles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Rio6awfcU

Enjoy.

JCC

YoYo 06-17-17 11:22 AM

Hmmm, sorry but he forgot to load on the board the main object (so the title as "Excellent" is misleading) in this mission - Spec Ops in the beginning (and starts to fight, it isn't the main goal of this mission) so it's only for funny. In this mission the main tool for player is to follow up signature screen and take care of other sensors to be undetected (active and passive sonnar of nearest enemy). I know this mission very well :03:. Just two cents.

Jacke 06-17-17 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2492222)
Hmmm, sorry but he forgot to load on the board the main object (so the title as "Excellent" is misleading) in this mission - Spec Ops in the beginning....

Ah, but this is the Mighty Jingles we're talking about. :)

Paraphrasing his own words, he plays these particular games because he's old and crap but still can play them somewhat well, eventually. Good example: in War Thunder, a Jingles Landing is when you get all wheels down on the runway but cock things up and break parts of the aircraft like the props. His recent video a couple of weeks of playing War Thunder after a year away was noteworthy in that Jingles didn't do a Jingles Landing and actually didn't break the plane. :)

He is a good video presenter with a wonderful voice and hundreds of videos on YouTube. He's now doing Twitch live streams of some games, mostly casual. He can be good at some of them if he really plays them a lot, but he really plays to have a good time and make good videos, with historical context and wonderful stories, sometimes his own from his RN career.

And he's good at showing off new games. Having a Jingles video up of "Cold Waters" will get Killerfish Games sales and more people playing the game. I commented on Jingles' video and gave a reference to the SUBSIM.com forum. We should see some of them show up.

YoYo 06-17-17 01:34 PM

No problem, I have nothing to the author of this video and Im sure his voice is really, really OK. Just this title of this topic was wrong for me. :).

John Channing 06-17-17 01:52 PM

I didn't say it was an excellent performance, I said it was an excellent game play video.

As such it highlights game play in a way that someone who hasn't even heard of the game (like myself) will be interested in purchasing it.

YoYo 06-17-17 02:02 PM

I'm sensitive about this mission in Narvik, it drives me crazy from few days :lurk: :D.

Jacke 06-18-17 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2492271)
I'm sensitive about this mission in Narvik, it drives me crazy from few days :lurk: :D.

I had the "Land the commandos" mission with the destination of Gremikha. Shallow water all the way and a lot of picket ships and subs. And minefields. Tried to dodge everything, but I had to sink a surface ship coming right at me. Suffered a mine hit and I think a torpedo hit. But I got through and got out, though the Narwhal got beat up. After hours of play. Then I had to get home past all the Soviet Navy.

ClaudiuC 06-18-17 03:48 PM

He's not really one of my favorite youtubers, if fact I'm not even subbed on his channel since he mainly plays casual games like WoT etc... but one thing is for certain, he has a massive audience and this brings nice publicity to this game and can possible increase the player base and bring more revenues which is great for the devs and great for the future of the game.