SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   SH3 Historical Crew (Type VII) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247463)

derstosstrupp 11-29-20 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2710182)
Thanks, I was able to give them radio quals but when trying to also give them the medic, that qual would replace the radio one.
But no big deal.

There should be a space under the first qual in the box, that should allow you to add one, that’s very strange.

John Pancoast 11-29-20 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derstosstrupp (Post 2710183)
There should be a space under the first qual in the box, that should allow you to add one, that’s very strange.

Exactly. For some reason, these two quals are sharing the same spot. But it doesn't detract from the mod.

FUBAR295 11-30-20 12:45 PM

derstosstrupp & John,

Been following this thread and some really great stuff provided by you and John. Very interesting concept.

Thank you both, but I still will play with no fatigue as I do not want to be moving all those icons around. But, if I ever do, I have a really great system to follow.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

John Pancoast 11-30-20 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUBAR295 (Post 2710423)
derstosstrupp & John,

Been following this thread and some really great stuff provided by you and John. Very interesting concept.

Thank you both, but I still will play with no fatigue as I do not want to be moving all those icons around. But, if I ever do, I have a really great system to follow.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Don't thank me; derstosstrupp did all the work. I'm just a consumer. :)

FUBAR295 11-30-20 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2710427)
Don't thank me; derstosstrupp did all the work. I'm just a consumer. :)

John, you did provide some valued feed back and suggestions.:yeah:

Mad Mardigan 11-30-20 02:43 PM

Have to agree with fubar, I've been following this thread with interest, to the point of having it hot listed as a subscription to it.

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

John Pancoast 11-30-20 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUBAR295 (Post 2710462)
John, you did provide some valued feed back and suggestions.:yeah:

:salute:

derstosstrupp 11-30-20 03:20 PM

Thanks fellas, glad this could be of interest!:Kaleun_Salute:

derstosstrupp 11-30-20 04:00 PM

Deck gun and flak battle stations added to the file!

Mad Mardigan 12-06-20 05:52 PM

Re: Question...

Have a question, that I hope doesn't get thought of, as derailing the thread.. as that is 1st & foremost, NOT my intent...

with that put out there, here goes...

In dealing with SH3Commander, I too, have noted that attempting to add in another rating such as navigator/navigation or medic... that with PO's, it only allows for 1 rating to be added to them.. which is kind of strange. PO's are like.. 1 step up from the normal crew but, 1 step below Officers (which with Officers, they are allowed to have up to 3 ratings added to them, & normal crew of 1 rating (rating, may be the wrong word here & if so, then I apologize...) but PO's are stuck at 1, just like a reg. crewman).

Is there any means or methods to edit PO's, so as to allow them to have more than regular crew but 1 less than Officers.? (PO's = Petty Officers), so that it would be as follows, when editing the crew in SH3Commander:

Qualifications (not ratings, as I mentioned above...)

Officers = 3

PO's = 2

Reg. Crew = 1

As it stands now, in using the 'manage your crew' option, via SH3Commander, it stands as follows:

Officers = 3

PO's = 1

Reg. Crew = 1

Any info, on how to edit this, would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

M. M.

derstosstrupp 12-06-20 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2711883)
Have a question, that I hope doesn't get thought of, as derailing the thread.. as that is 1st & foremost, NOT my intent...

with that put out there, here goes...

In dealing with SH3Commander, I too, have noted that attempting to add in another rating such as navigator/navigation or medic... that with PO's, it only allows for 1 rating to be added to them.. which is kind of strange. PO's are like.. 1 step up from the normal crew but, 1 step below Officers (which with Officers, they are allowed to have up to 3 ratings added to them, & normal crew of 1 rating (rating, may be the wrong word here & if so, then I apologize...) but PO's are stuck at 1, just like a reg. crewman).

Is there any means or methods to edit PO's, so as to allow them to have more than regular crew but 1 less than Officers.? (PO's = Petty Officers), so that it would be as follows, when editing the crew in SH3Commander:

Qualifications (not ratings, as I mentioned above...)

Officers = 3

PO's = 2

Reg. Crew = 1

As it stands now, in using the 'manage your crew' option, via SH3Commander, it stands as follows:

Officers = 3

PO's = 1

Reg. Crew = 1

Any info, on how to edit this, would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

M. M.

I’m beginning to think POs accept a 2nd qual only after a certain rank - maybe Oberbootsmann? I have 2 quals for my lead bosun and he’s a Stabsoberbootsmann iirc.

Mad Mardigan 12-06-20 06:32 PM

Re: Question... part deux...

Quote:

Originally Posted by derstosstrupp (Post 2711897)
I’m beginning to think POs accept a 2nd qual only after a certain rank - maybe Oberbootsmann? I have 2 quals for my lead bosun and he’s a Stabsoberbootsmann iirc.

hey derstosstrupp, :Kaleun_Cheers:

Ok, so that means in order to add in that 2nd qual, the PO would have to undergo being promoted up a rank then, in the promotion chain.. now that I have that bit of info... will do some experimenting with them & see just where & when it is that they can be assigned 2 quals.

Will post what I find out, after running that (of course, remembering their exact rating, so as to return them to that before I close out things) experiment.

M. M.

Mad Mardigan 12-06-20 07:22 PM

Re: Question... part deux... B...

Ok,

Did some experimenting, with the PO's that would be affected by having a 2nd qual, added to them (or at least that was the intention...)...

When I tried to boot them up a rank (from Bootsmann, to Stabsbootsmann) when I tried to click on accept, I got a message popping up 'can't be done, due to their 'inexperience' to rank up... or some such..) am paraphrasing on the exact message, as what it amounts to, is that I can't boot them up a rank, so as to see if the 2nd qual can be added to them or not... :/\\!!

On the plus side, of running this, I did find out the following:

Ranking of Petty Officer ranks:

Bootsmann: Basic rating upgrade from the highest rank for a lowly ranks of the crew.

StabsBootsmann: Next rank, after Bootsmann

Then the final rank that can be (at least as it goes with using SH3Cmdr, that is..)

StabsOberBootsmann: The final rank for a Petty Officer, before going into the Officers segment. Surprisingly, there was no in between PO & Officer qualification, as in the U.S & other Navies, that I can find of... meaning Officer training before stepping up to Office flag territory. From what research I could drum up, under short time, that is...

This all pertains to using SH3Cmdr, of course... just so that is clear.

M. M.

derstosstrupp 12-06-20 08:06 PM

Take the ranks in the game with a grain of salt. They only cover the seaman’s division. There were midshipmen, Fähnriche, who were somewhat officers in training.

Mad Mardigan 12-06-20 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derstosstrupp (Post 2711911)
Take the ranks in the game with a grain of salt. They only cover the seaman’s division. There were midshipmen, Fähnriche, who were somewhat officers in training.

Yeah, that I did see, with some of the info I was able to dig up pertaining to the different ranks of the kriegsmarine during WW2. I poked about, more extensively after posting what I did, right after trying to test the higher ranks of PO's, in the SH3Cmdr...

I did note, while poking about during that test I ran, in the Officers cat... the mention of the lowest rank for them of, OberFanrich zS, (2 lil' dots located, just riiiight above the 'a', in fanrich...I can't get my keystrokes to show up those euro typecasts of certain letters, sorry... :oops:) so am guessing that they would be a 'graduate of officer training' or the kriegsmarine equivalent to the U.S or other navies version thereof... more or less... again, just a guess...

M. M.