SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

Onealex 03-03-21 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2733868)
As I recall of it, early on, uboats did have issues with all sorts of torp issues, from running deeper than what they were set, to duds, mag det either not going off as it should to going off sometimes not long after leaving the tube. All in all, all sorts of loverly issues... so if you have it check marked for duds then yes, that would be normal.

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Yes you are right. Also I want to remind about this...
http://c.radikal.ru/c20/2103/6e/da9be48ea3ae.png

Mad Mardigan 03-04-21 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2733874)
Yes you are right. Also I want to remind about this...
https://a.radikal.ru/a25/2103/01/ec5d14f5e30f.png

With that, as I recall you could still set them for what would be the correct depth, based on what the weather & waves were at the given time... & still end up having any of the issues I outlined, at minimum, occur...

That is, until the time if that is modeled in there right & works as it is intended to, to follow that as it occurred back then... :yep:

It is possible to still have duds occur, later on in the war timeline.. not as highly as early on, but they still do happen.. as there were instances of sabotage that occurred.

Slave labor, did fight back in the only way available to them, at the time.

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

John Pancoast 03-04-21 07:22 AM

I've found the default failure settings of H.sie's patch don't produce near enough failures. Not even close.
I've doubled their rate in the Hsie.ini file and along with using only magnetic pistols ala NYGM it's much better though could perhaps could use even another 50% added to the numbers. Helps reduce the silly tonnage levels possible in the game too.
M.M. look in the Hsie.ini file for details.

Onealex 03-04-21 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2733926)
I've found the default failure settings of H.sie's patch don't produce near enough failures. Not even close.
I've doubled their rate in the Hsie.ini file and along with using only magnetic pistols ala NYGM it's much better though could perhaps could use even another 50% added to the numbers. Helps reduce the silly tonnage levels possible in the game too.
M.M. look in the Hsie.ini file for details.

In my modpack the default failure settings of H.sie's patch were corrected and tested by me. Also there are an early torpedo detonations. So there is no reason to change my settings which are correct

John Pancoast 03-04-21 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2733935)
In my modpack the default failure settings of H.series patch were corrected and tested by me. Also there are an early torpedo detonations. So there is no reason to change my settings which are correct

:up: Any idea of the failure % ?

Onealex 03-04-21 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2733936)
:up: Any idea of the failure % ?

Impact Pistol 20%
Magnet Pistol 25%

John Pancoast 03-04-21 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2733942)
Impact Pistol 20%
Magnet Pistol 25%

Thanks !

Onealex 03-05-21 01:00 PM

A new version has been uploaded...

GWX Onealex Edition v1.42 - changelog:
1. New model of the FuMB10Borkum radar detector has been added.
2. Positions of the radar warning receivers were corrected.
3. New animation of the DF antenna.
4. Animation of the Tunis radar warning receiver has been added.
5. Corrections of radio messages.
6. Minor fixes.

Kumando 03-05-21 01:02 PM

:Kaleun_Applaud:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2734171)
A new version has been uploaded...

GWX Onealex Edition v1.42 - changelog:
1. New model of the FuMB10Borkum radar detector has been added.
2. Positions of the radar warning receivers were corrected.
3. New animation of the DF antenna.
4. Animation of the Tunis radar warning receiver has been added.
5. Corrections of radio messages.
6. Minor fixes.

murat124 03-05-21 04:14 PM

Thank you very much for 1.42 Onealex.

Can we just do a drag and drop and override over the previous version without starting a new carrier?

Onealex 03-05-21 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murat124 (Post 2734220)
Thank you very much for 1.42 Onealex.

Can we just do a drag and drop and override over the previous version without starting a new carrier?

There is no reason to start a new career. The U-boat should be in base during updating. But drag and drop it is not a good idea. Why anyone does not read the readme file?
...Be sure you have uninstalled the old version before installing the new version of the game!

Kumando 03-05-21 05:49 PM

What change was made to the DF Antenna?

Andrewsdad 03-06-21 03:44 AM

Salute, All !!!

Mod looks GREAT !!!! Even I figured out how to install it without a mishap !!!

The only comment I have so far is: "Holey Mackerel, the load time is very long. The Progress Bar fills pretty quickly, then things just sit there for about 15-20 minutes! I was just going to give it up as a "Not Responding" when "Not So Long Ago..." appeared and, wow, I was pleasantly surprised.

No doubt I will have questions, but again.. congratulations on a fine effort !!!

AD

Onealex 03-06-21 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2734241)
What change was made to the DF Antenna?

Animation is slower in the end of rising of DF antenna

Onealex 03-06-21 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrewsdad (Post 2734283)
Salute, All !!!

Mod looks GREAT !!!! Even I figured out how to install it without a mishap !!!

The only comment I have so far is: "Holey Mackerel, the load time is very long. The Progress Bar fills pretty quickly, then things just sit there for about 15-20 minutes! I was just going to give it up as a "Not Responding" when "Not So Long Ago..." appeared and, wow, I was pleasantly surprised.

No doubt I will have questions, but again.. congratulations on a fine effort !!!

AD

Strange thing. But my PC loads the career mission 5-6 minutes but not 15-20. But Museum takes 15 minutes because there are 300 + units in the game...

Kumando 03-06-21 04:24 AM

In my pc carreers load in about 5-6 min to, only single missions take up to 10 min, never tried museum lol.

Kumando 03-06-21 04:26 AM

Other thing how can i revert the speed of the ships back to original? I think they are way to fast, if you are playing with a type II you cant even position yourself because every mercant outruns this boat.

Onealex 03-06-21 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2734292)
Other thing how can i revert the speed of the ships back to original? I think they are way to fast, if you are playing with a type II you cant even position yourself because every mercant outruns this boat.

You can't do that without changing campaign files.

Onealex 03-06-21 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2734292)

The highest speed of U-boat type II is 13 knots so you can intercept the ship with speed 9-11 knots without problems when calm water. I don't see any trouble. It is realism...

ericlea 03-06-21 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2734295)
The highest speed of U-boat type II is 13 knots so you can intercept the ship with speed 9-11 knots without problems when calm water. I don't see any trouble. It is realism...

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: