SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Development Updates (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226377)

SurfnSea3 06-10-21 05:02 PM

Thank you

@ Ursurpator- Thank you for all the hard work you've all done. Wolfpack has brought me back to Subsim. After wrastling with Silent Hunter 5 I'd rather give Wolfpack a try.

Usurpator 06-11-21 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfnSea3 (Post 2751927)
@ Ursurpator- Thank you for all the hard work you've all done. Wolfpack has brought me back to Subsim. After wrastling with Silent Hunter 5 I'd rather give Wolfpack a try.

Thank you!

Usurpator 06-11-21 04:02 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!
This week Oscar has been fixing bugs and improving the character controller. Internal testing of the patch will begin next week. Koji is working on further improvements on the corvette. Axel wrapped up network serialisation for collections, and has started implementing the networking test environment. I've made minor adjustments to the U-boat's new compartments, preparing them for the game.

Usurpator 06-18-21 02:28 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone! This week we have been testing the water, and have found many bugs that needed fixing before release. We know that you are eager to try the new patch, but we have decided that some more fixes are needed before we release the patch to the testers.
Axel has completed unit tests for the network serializer and is continuing work on the network test environment.
I'm working on finishing the U-boat's interior, adding details such as gauges and tweaking the materials. Koji is finishing modeling the corvette as well as doing research.

btruwo 06-19-21 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usurpator (Post 2753264)
Hello everyone! This week we have been testing the water, and have found many bugs that needed fixing before release. We know that you are eager to try the new patch, but we have decided that some more fixes are needed before we release the patch to the testers.
Axel has completed unit tests for the network serializer and is continuing work on the network test environment.
I'm working on finishing the U-boat's interior, adding details such as gauges and tweaking the materials. Koji is finishing modeling the corvette as well as doing research.

What about torpedoes? I remember your plan is to add torpedoes of all types in the next patch, which is announced on roadmap.

Usurpator 06-24-21 06:25 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!
This week we have been preparing the game for our testers. We were just about to give the testers access, when we found a major bug. This means that testing will have to be delayed a few more days while we fix the problem. We will release the patch to the testers some time next week.

Usurpator 07-02-21 12:13 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week we've been focusing on getting the new version ready for our testers. During internal testing today we discovered some additional bugs that we want to fix before releasing it. We'll make a few adjustments and give the testers access to the new version tomorrow.

Usurpator 07-09-21 12:46 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

Last week the new version was released to the testers. This week we've been fixing bugs discovered during testing. Oscar's been fixing a lot of the bugs and a new version was released to the testers today. There are still things we need to fix before making the new version public, but we're getting there!

Pikes 07-16-21 02:16 PM

Pressing F5 over and over hoping to hear this weeks update!

Lost At Sea 07-16-21 10:22 PM

oh well, the Devs are terribly lacking at properly communicating their work. It gets really frustrating and the wait doesn't help :-/

Anyway, short update on the WP official Discord channel posted late yesterday. Why the Devs didn't bother posting here and on Steam is a complete mystery.
From Oscar on Discord:

"Hello everyone! This week I have been improving the skybox and weather system. A new patch will be released to the testers shortly. The new weather system will not be using fixed weather profiles, and instead have scalar parameters that affect the weather and visibility."

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...881&height=910

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...855&height=910

Sweet-looking screenshots

Cheers,
Lost

Usurpator 07-17-21 01:35 AM

I am sorry about the lack of communication. It was my responsibility to post this week. I was working on the patch all night, and after posting on discord it simply slipped my mind. Sorry! The new tester patch will be out sometime early next week. It will become officially available as soon as it is stable and bug free.

/Oscar

Cyborg322 07-17-21 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usurpator (Post 2758129)
I am sorry about the lack of communication. It was my responsibility to post this week. I was working on the patch all night, and after posting on discord it simply slipped my mind. Sorry! The new tester patch will be out sometime early next week. It will become officially available as soon as it is stable and bug free.

/Oscar

Forgiven :up:

Pikes 07-23-21 02:47 PM

Is there an update this Friday on a Discord out there?

Usurpator 07-23-21 05:33 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone! This week I have been fixing bugs and tinkering with the new skybox. I have also changed the buoyancy characteristics of the U-boat, and I have added drift to the buoyancy system. I will be posting an update to our testers soon, so that they can provide me with feedback on these changes. The patch will be released to the public when it has gone through more testing and bug fixing.

/Oscar

Lost At Sea 07-24-21 01:42 AM

Curious about Drift.
Does it mean ships and subs will be “pushed sideways” when hit by waves?
Also, there is no mention of particles anywhere anymore. What is status on wakes and bow splashes ?

Cheers,
Lost