SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Development Updates (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226377)

PL_Andrev 12-14-16 02:33 PM

Looks a little scary...
:timeout:

http://i.imgur.com/4fXX3Cr.png

p4p3rm4t3 01-05-17 10:29 AM

How are things going?

Onkel Neal 01-09-17 07:16 AM

Plugging along. Oscar is working on the netcode, getting the game to function within the Steam environment.

elanaiba 01-14-17 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatix (Post 2443574)
All the data I can find says that U-boat captains "were able to choose" between magnetic and impact pistols, and not merely at port. Nor was it a question of not-officially-authorised modifications by skilled torpedomen, as it was in the USN; Dönitz famously sent orders for U-boats already on patrol to change their pistol settings forthwith.

However, an otherwise very detailed description of the U-boat torpedo fire control system completely fails to mention anything about setting the pistol type. There doesn't seem to be any such control on the boxes responsible for gyro settings, tube/salvo selection etc. It's harder to be sure about the tubes themselves, as they are positively festooned with valves and latches.

Reasonable possibilities, in increasing order of time required from decision to torpedo readiness:

- Remote control exists, hitherto unnoticed, in conning tower or control room. The captain would be able to set it himself.

- Controls exist on outside of tube, as with depth setting. (I consider this the most likely possibility for German torpedoes.) This would need only a few seconds after a verbal order.

- Control is accessible on outside of torpedo, but must be withdrawn from tube to set it. This would require several minutes per torpedo; difficult when already tactically engaged.

- Torpedo must be opened to access mechanism. (This is the case for USN Mark 14 torpedoes.) This would require as much as an hour per torpedo; totally impractical while in combat or even while pursuing a target.

As far as I remember (and Doenitz's memoirs confirm this), variant 3 is correct.

Also, I remember that the pistols were in general set between Contact-Only and Contact + Magnetic, so there was no "magnetic (MZ) only" option possible. At least not for regular T1-T3 torpedoes, I seem to remember it was slightly different for Accoustic torpedoes.

Food for thought - Pi-2 and 3 had an ON / OFF switch - I presume for the magnetic detonation: http://www.bulletpicker.com/pdf/Mine...20Part%204.pdf
(Pi-1 was an impact only pistol, which means early T1s didn't have magnetic detonation option).

THOR-AGENA 01-19-17 04:31 AM

is Neal, Oscar and Einar playing/beta testing Wolfpack these days? I would like to see the game and hear the development discussions. If you could record your sessions that would be a great promotional tool. Marulken videos are more fun to watch than Hollywood productions :)

Catfish 01-20-17 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elanaiba (Post 2458074)
As far as I remember (and Doenitz's memoirs confirm this), variant 3 is correct.

Also, I remember that the pistols were in general set between Contact-Only and Contact + Magnetic, so there was no "magnetic (MZ) only" option possible. At least not for regular T1-T3 torpedoes, I seem to remember it was slightly different for Accoustic torpedoes.

Food for thought - Pi-2 and 3 had an ON / OFF switch - I presume for the magnetic detonation: http://www.bulletpicker.com/pdf/Mine...20Part%204.pdf
(Pi-1 was an impact only pistol, which means early T1s didn't have magnetic detonation option).

This is right, the torpedo had to be withdrawn to change the pistol setting or change the pistol itself, of course. All else like course and depth etc. was done via "remote" adjustments, mechanical shafts extending from the 'Zentrale' to the torpedo tubes, and through them into the torpedo.
Imho when a tube was locked to a target, the TDC submitted the running solution directly to the tube.
In case of failure the settings could be adjusted up front in the torpedo room, manually.

Psychophoria 01-30-17 03:57 PM

It's been a while now, going on 10 days.
I feel like I have OCD; I check this thread multiple times per day.
Any updates on the progress of Wolfpack?
Hope all is going well with the development. :ping:

THOR-AGENA 01-31-17 12:11 PM

Hopefully it is just bad PR/management. The two guys from Sweden were just doing fine without subsim.

PL_Andrev 01-31-17 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychophoria (Post 2462123)
It's been a while now, going on 10 days.
I feel like I have OCD; I check this thread multiple times per day.
Any updates on the progress of Wolfpack?
Hope all is going well with the development. :ping:

A fresh information you can find on Wolfpack facebook page.
The're currently working at crew animation...

THOR-AGENA 01-31-17 02:59 PM

FB!? Could we get the latest info here NOW!? *shakes head in disbelieve icon*. Hopefully you were only joking us? :har:

Leo_93 02-01-17 02:18 PM

To think it was always as simple as checking the facebook page, who knew :doh:. To be honest I completely forgot about them even having one but then again I hardly check mine.

The link for it for convenience sake. (https://www.facebook.com/WolfpackGameOfficial/)

THOR-AGENA 02-01-17 09:29 PM

Leo, could you post the content of that 'facebook', so the rest of us (that will never set foot into that ****hole) can see also?

Xaron 02-02-17 03:52 AM

Thor why don't you just click on that link in a web browser of your choice and look? I mean you don't need a FB account for that. ;)

THOR-AGENA 02-02-17 11:40 AM

I've gathered that I could see the content without an account, thank you, but like I've said I will not set foot in that site.

I'm abit confused about that (what I perceive to be) news blackout. Why can't anyone in the know post some fresh and juicy bits of info for us fans, HERE? Pics, videos, sounds, info, comments, words, open teamspeak dev session, Q&A session, anything! If I'm the only one whos impatient here (and doesn't look like it is the case) then nevermind, but I seriously don't understand what is going on with this 'wolfpack' project.

PL_Andrev 02-02-17 12:30 PM

You can check the FB game news even if you have no account of FB. Anyway they presents a weekly briefing with small changes only.
There is nothing simple to code animations in game, but please remember project bases on "already completed" HMS Marulken game. So let's speculate:
- uboot shape is ready,
- uboot's interiors are ready,
- missions are ready,
- crew models are ready,
- damage model is ready,
In progress:
- crew animations,
- enemy ship shapes,
- singleplayer code,
- orders queue,