SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER 3 - EDITION 2020 » Discussion and Support (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247796)

880-5 02-02-21 06:53 AM

Hello, are there any working skins for this mod?

Fifi 02-02-21 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2726419)
Have just returned after a long absence and have installed LSH3-Ed 2020 successfully...working on the training bits. Looks remarkable.
Have 3 Queries:
1. Would like to install FiFi's upgrade. It is said that it should be installed via Commander JSGME. Can it be installed just by dropping into the JSGME file directly and then activating it as one would an ordinary Mod by dragging it across?
2. Also, how compatible are some of my old GWX mods with the LSH3 2020 program?
3. Finally - has anyone compiled a printable list of the keyboard commands? Some of them are different from the original ones.
Archive1

My mod should be dropped into LSH3 MODS folder (not Commander MODS folder) and activated via LSH3 Jsgme.
Only the 2 mods that you find into « TO BE PUT INTO COMMANDER MODS FOLDER » have to placed there and activated via Commander Jsgme.

Archive1 02-02-21 05:53 PM

FiFI - thank you, sir.
Archive1

facupa 02-02-21 08:27 PM

how can i get a new submarine????? Iam in a Type IIA

Mad Mardigan 02-02-21 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facupa (Post 2726804)
how can i get a new submarine????? Iam in a Type IIA

Ahoy, facupa... :Kaleun_Cheers:

How do you get a new uboat... :hmmm:

Sink ships, complete objective given you, do not dock automatically, these things earn you reknown, which is akin to currency, in SH3.

Earn enough, then you can then use those points to then chose a different uboat, upgrades for uboats, even the ability to chose different torpedoes.

The choice is yours on which to do & when... BUT... chose wisely... & smartly.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Archive1 02-03-21 01:01 AM

Gentlemen:
I still have outstanding questions:
FiFi's mod has loaded perfectly.

1 How compatible are some of my old GWX mods with the LSH3 2020 program?
2 Finally - has anyone compiled a printable list of the keyboard commands? Some of them are different from the original ones.
3. Is there a 'fire at will' command for the flak gun. I can't manually hit a thing with it. Maybe the virtual deck crew can.
Archive1

Fifi 02-03-21 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2726850)
Gentlemen:
I still have outstanding questions:
FiFi's mod has loaded perfectly.

1 How compatible are some of my old GWX mods with the LSH3 2020 program?
2 Finally - has anyone compiled a printable list of the keyboard commands? Some of them are different from the original ones.
3. Is there a 'fire at will' command for the flak gun. I can't manually hit a thing with it. Maybe the virtual deck crew can.
Archive1

1) absolutely not recommanded...
2) don’t know
3) Yes, clicking the watch officer icon, then the Flak icon, then the fire free icon…when done at patrol start it keeps in memory even at saves loading.
(Using Ahnenerbe wide gui, other gui i don’t know but certainly)

facupa 02-03-21 07:31 PM

[QUOTE=Mad Mardigan;2726826]Ahoy, facupa... :Kaleun_Cheers:

Sink ships, complete objective given you, do not dock automatically, these things earn you reknown, which is akin to currency, in SH3.

Earn enough, then you can then use those points to then chose a different uboat, upgrades for uboats, even the ability to chose different torpedoes.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Thanks for the answer, I have some renown but no submarine appears to change. I am in March 1940. Is this okay? Is a submarine going to appear for me to change ?? ...... thanks

Mad Mardigan 02-03-21 10:04 PM

[QUOTE=facupa;2727106]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2726826)
Ahoy, facupa... :Kaleun_Cheers:

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Thanks for the answer, I have some renown but no submarine appears to change. I am in March 1940. Is this okay? Is a submarine going to appear for me to change ?? ...... thanks

When back at port, in the office, there is a desk on the right side. It is through clicking on it.. that the menu to be able to do all I mentioned of before is allowed to be done.

The other desk, is the 1 that lets you look at your log & career kills.. check out the medals that 'you', as kaleun, have earned... handle crew issues, promoting them, if you feel that any have earned it... as well as medals to hand out as like with handing out promotions. Going to the barracks to recruit new crew members on the off chance you lost any...

Hopefully, this helps to understand what to do & where it is located now for you, clearly...

M. M.

Archive1 02-03-21 10:50 PM

Facupa:
Each sub upgrade (and each improvement in a sub's technology) requires more and more 'Reknown'. When back at port you will see what reknown you have and as you click on a desired upgrade it will tell you what you need. Usually it takes a few missions to get enough reknown to make any upgrade and it depends upon your success in sinkings (high tonnage = high reknown). As the game progresses, I will tell you, sinkings become more difficult, reknown less easy to acquire. The whole scenario requires patience and persistence. As in real life.
Hope this helps.
Archive1

Archive1 02-03-21 10:56 PM

FiFi:
Thanks again. I did not think my old GWX Mods would work, but hope is eternal. Some of them were just terrific. I did like the smoke/water flow combinations for the subs and some of the Nav screen addons.
I suspect that I will compile my own list of keyboard commands. If so, I may post for others to use. A return after an interval means lost memory on commands.
Ah, wonderful! re: flak gun. As I said I might as well throw the gun itself at the planes than fire at them.
Ciao,
Archive1

facupa 02-04-21 02:00 PM

PHP Code:

[PHP][QUOTE=Mad Mardigan;2727128][QUOTE=facupa;2727106]

When back at portin the officethere is a desk on the right sideIt is through clicking on it.. that the menu to be able to do all I mentioned of before is allowed to be done.

The other deskis the 1 that lets you look at your log career kills.. check out the medals that 'you', as kaleunhave earned... handle crew issuespromoting them, if you feel that any have earned it... as well as medals to hand out as like with handing out promotionsGoing to the barracks to recruit new crew members on the off chance you lost any... 

Hopefullythis helps to understand what to do & where it is located now for youclearly...

MM.

:
Kaleun_Salute:[/QUOTE

[/PHP]

I know all that, on the desktop there is no other submarine type to buy with renown. This is only the one I'm playing (Type IIA) ..... Type VII B/C doesn't appear

Mad Mardigan 02-04-21 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=facupa;2727297]
PHP Code:

[PHP][QUOTE=Mad Mardigan;2727128][/QUOTE

[/PHP]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2727128)

I know all that, on the desktop there is no other submarine type to buy with renown. This is only the one I'm playing (Type IIA) ..... Type VII B/C doesn't appear

Probably due to the improved type II has not been released yet. Each sub, does have a released by date assigned to them in game. Meaning you won't be able to go to it, until it is released by BdU... think of like a new car, you can't get 1 until the manufacturers say hey.. the new model is out... go to your local dealer to get 1 now...

Crude way of putting it, but it is what it is in game..

Best advice, keep on with what you have & as you progress, should you survive long enough, the new Type II-B will become available to grab...

M. M.

Mister_M 02-05-21 10:35 AM

Hello !

This new supermod looks nice ! But where is the complete manual (as for CCoM) ? :D

I would like to know in detail what has been changed vs. stock SH3...

ericlea 02-05-21 12:01 PM

all LSH manuals are in _LSH3-2020-MANUALS folder but i don't know if there is a complete lsh 2020 manual...
:Kaleun_Cheers:

Urmel 02-05-21 12:10 PM

Dear SH3 Friends

Thanks for all hints for Full-HD resolution, OLC-GUI optimisation and extension regarding FiFi Modpacket .

The LSH3 team is working on fulfilling all requests.

- Full-HD GUI for Edition-2021 - is in progress
- Optimised GUI OLC Full-HD for Edition-2021 - is in progress
- Testing and selection of FiFi Mod elements - is in progress

We are working on enabling a full LSH3 verified Edition-2021. We are doing this as always with priority in favour of game stability.

We need a lot of time for this. In the current scope, certainly 2 to 3 months.

We also ask for patience here in SUBSIM!

Thanks and greetings, LSH3-Urmel & Team :Kaleun_Salute:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

blackswan40 02-05-21 01:26 PM

the best things in life are worth waiting for LSH2020 with a wide GUI now thats something to look forward to.
Keep up the great work LSH2020 team Salute :Kaleun_Salute:

ericlea 02-05-21 02:48 PM

Super news Urmel !

Take time 2-3-4-5 months or more no problem !

LSH 2021 will be ..... with all theese nice and new features !

Top ! LSH and SH3 will never die ! The adventure continues ^^

:Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Applaud:

Archive1 02-07-21 12:53 AM

How to open the Kiel locks

OK Finished the training program successfully.
First patrol out of Kiel and was blocked by the locks. I have no idea how to open them to permit passage. Have I missed something somewhere that tells me how to proceed?
I do have the way to get a rapid trip through the canal via the Nav Officer...somewhere...
Otherwise things are looking good.
Archive1

Fifi 02-07-21 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2728111)
OK Finished the training program successfully.
First patrol out of Kiel and was blocked by the locks. I have no idea how to open them to permit passage. Have I missed something somewhere that tells me how to proceed?
I do have the way to get a rapid trip through the canal via the Nav Officer...somewhere...
Otherwise things are looking good.
Archive1

Gates are automatic process, you have to wait some time (don’t recall how much minutes) all stopped in front of them, and they will open.
Then once inside the lock, they will close and you have to wait again for external to open.
SH3 has always been a game of patience! :D