SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

SnipersHunter 09-05-21 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2766782)
Please send me files via PM. I will check later

Sent via PM. :Kaleun_Wink:

SnipersHunter 09-06-21 06:48 AM

Hey Alex,

I adapted the KzS Notepad from Tycho for OneAlex Mod.

There are some drawbacks to it tho:

Only make entries to the notepad while the game is paused. Otherwise most of the ingame hotkeys will apply while typing.

I had to remove the function of backspace to unpause the game while the game is paused in order to make corrections to entries in the notepad possible. To unpause the game Numpad + can still be used.
The function "Shift+N" seems to be hardcoded by Stiebler to set the minimum TC, so if you want to write a capital N dont forget to hit "Shift+N" again before unpausing the
game or only use lowercase letters while making notes.

If you want to include it in your mod i can send you the files.

More info on the mod from Tycho: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...45&postcount=2

Onealex 09-06-21 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2766889)
Hey Alex,

I adapted the KzS Notepad from Tycho for OneAlex Mod.

There are some drawbacks to it tho:

Only make entries to the notepad while the game is paused. Otherwise most of the ingame hotkeys will apply while typing.

I had to remove the function of backspace to unpause the game while the game is paused in order to make corrections to entries in the notepad possible. To unpause the game Numpad + can still be used.
The function "Shift+N" seems to be hardcoded by Stiebler to set the minimum TC, so if you want to write a capital N dont forget to hit "Shift+N" again before unpausing the
game or only use lowercase letters while making notes.

If you want to include it in your mod i can send you the files.

More info on the mod from Tycho: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...45&postcount=2

Hi. Thanks for your work but we can't save any info from that notepad. That is the main issue. We can make notes during a patrol on the paper and after patrol update logbook with those notes.

SnipersHunter 09-06-21 07:32 AM

Correct, its only for short temporary notes. I have sent you the files via PM If you want to check it out.

I think it’s a good Tool to calculate intercept courses etc.

Sangamon Taylor 09-07-21 06:26 AM

I get multiple radio messages denying my request for a grid change, but I've never requested a grid change. It's pretty annoying because they just keep coming, dozens of them. I even tried disabling the grid change option in the Steibler options but they still keep coming.

What's a mother to do abut this bug?

MADLOU 09-07-21 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangamon Taylor (Post 2767101)
I get multiple radio messages denying my request for a grid change, but I've never requested a grid change. It's pretty annoying because they just keep coming, dozens of them. I even tried disabling the grid change option in the Steibler options but they still keep coming.

It IS annoying. I generally keep the radioman slot empty so I can't get any messages.

Onealex 09-07-21 08:42 AM

Quote:

It is pretty annoying when someone reports a bug without any details (screenshots, detailed description about actions related to problem etc) something like that: I have a bug, do something...

kyle9154 09-07-21 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADLOU (Post 2767103)
It IS annoying. I generally keep the radioman slot empty so I can't get any messages.

Strange I never seen this issue before but I wouldn't take your radio man away especially during the time period where there is radar as you need him to pick up radar warnings so you don't get attacked all of a sudden by an aircraft.

torpille 09-07-21 11:17 AM

Quote:

your shift key engaged?
disengaged it .

MADLOU 09-07-21 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle9154 (Post 2767119)
Strange I never seen this issue before but I wouldn't take your radio man away especially during the time period where there is radar as you need him to pick up radar warnings so you don't get attacked all of a sudden by an aircraft.

I just rely on my watch crew picking up aircraft with their eyes as I do when there is no radar or radar equipment available. I have quite a bit of success doing that AND shooting fighters down :)

MADLOU 09-07-21 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpille (Post 2767133)
your shift key engaged?
disengaged it .

On my keyboard I cannot engage the shift key so it is continuously locked down like my caps lock key. So that is not the problem. The manual says you have to hit shift and M to request a change of grid. I have never hit that combination of keys but the radioman continuously sends out the request messages. Maybe there is a problem with my keyboard.

33lima 09-07-21 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADLOU (Post 2767170)
On my keyboard I cannot engage the shift key so it is continuously locked down like my caps lock key. So that is not the problem. The manual says you have to hit shift and M to request a change of grid. I have never hit that combination of keys but the radioman continuously sends out the request messages. Maybe there is a problem with my keyboard.

I see this often, too. Don't use Shift+M but get frequent messages from BdU acknowledging a request for a grid change that I have not (knowingly) made.

Onealex 09-08-21 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 (Post 2766221)
Had an interesting issue.
Started a campaign in 9/1944 in the Type XXI from Bergen. No major gameplay changing mods enabled. Just the Umark removal and Das Boot music.
Finally loads in, start in the pen and the boat plummets like it was on dry land, destroyed instantly.
Any thoughts on the cause and a fix?
Trying to start in July 44 when it's first available leads to a CTD so I figured I'd try September and that happened

I have tried those scenarios and everything is ok.

https://d.radikal.ru/d18/2109/29/19d0bdbe1b2c.jpg

Dieselglock 09-08-21 04:11 PM

Tbt Chart

Hello,

When in the attack scope station there is a small chart that has Tbt printed in the corner. I believe it is to do with torpedo depth vs wind speed. Can somebody explain how to use it and what the rows and columns mean.

I have searched all over to find explanation but cant seem to find any info on the particular chart.

Thanks in advance.

Anvar1061 09-08-21 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselglock (Post 2767326)
Hello,

When in the attack scope station there is a small chart that has Tbt printed in the corner. I believe it is to do with torpedo depth vs wind speed. Can somebody explain how to use it and what the rows and columns mean.

I have searched all over to find explanation but cant seem to find any info on the particular chart.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=895