SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 03-16-11 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 (Post 1620702)
Zee, is the gun barrel seperate from the texture maps? if it is, perhaps it would be really easy to make a small number of modified textures, if one wishes to have his total kill count, then all he would have to do is replace his current Tiger texture with one that has the proper number of kills on the barrel. it seems like it wouldn't take very long to make from one to 50

Hi Sledge,
The kill rings are a separate file. Here is an example of the Alpha channel for
the 35 Kill ring file

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/K_Rings_35_Alpha.jpg

Kill ring files are 400x400 pixels in size and naming convention begins with
"K_Rings" then the number of the rings with "_35" . So the file looks like this
"K_Rings_35.tex"

Also the unit and division markings are separate files as the number files.

I'll post their examples too!

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf 03-16-11 04:33 PM

Here is the Markings file example used on the German Tanks and Self propelled
Guns and Sturmgeschutz. This example is used with the Hummels and the Waspes.

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/Markings_SP_LAH_A1.jpg

and the Alpha Channel

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/Mark...H_A1_Alpha.jpg

They are divided by 4 squares each. The left top quadrant is the Balken Cross. The top right is the vehicles symbol. Left bottom is zug or battery
symbol. And the bottom right is the Division Marking.
The naming convention is "Markings_" vehicle type "_SP" Division "_LAH"
and then the Zug/Battery "_A1". So the file looks like this: Markings_SP_LAH_A1_.tex
The size is always 256x256

And next the Numbers

ZeeWolf

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images%20/M...H_A1_Alpha.jpg

ZeeWolf 03-16-11 04:50 PM

The numbers are the smallast files 128x64, this is an example of the alpha
channel for Wittmanns Tiger at Kursk.

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/u_ge...1331_Alpha.jpg

The file naming convention is the simplest it looks like this
"u_ger_number_1331.tex "

The German number files always begin b"u_ger_number" and then the number "_1331" :up:

ZeeWolf

KapitanDP 03-16-11 09:12 PM

Saving control keys

ZeeWolf,
Do you still have the "TvT_saveKeys.7z" file available? I went back to page 126 on here where it is listed but when I click on the file name I just get ascii characters on my screen. I'm trying to get my OS (Vista 32) to save my key mapping and I don't have a "DirectX" folder in the "Common Files" folder.

Thanks
KDP

ZeeWolf 03-16-11 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1620987)
ZeeWolf,
Do you still have the "TvT_saveKeys.7z" file available? I went back to page 126 on here where it is listed but when I click on the file name I just get ascii characters on my screen. I'm trying to get my OS (Vista 32) to save my key mapping and I don't have a "DirectX" folder in the "Common Files" folder.

Thanks
KDP

Yes, I had to put it in a zip file so you can click the link otherwise you would
have to right click and save as.

http://www.tanksimzw.com/TvT_saveKeys.zip

Just drag and drop the DirectX folder in your:

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files

then start TvsT and save your key settings and restart the game to see if
it works.

ZW:salute:

KapitanDP 03-17-11 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1621007)
Yes, I had to put it in a zip file so you can click the link otherwise you would
have to right click and save as.

http://www.tanksimzw.com/TvT_saveKeys.zip

Just drag and drop the DirectX folder in your:

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files

then start TvsT and save your key settings and restart the game to see if
it works.

ZeeWolf,
Thanks but I just couldn't get it to work. I guess Vista doesn't want me to do it :damn:

I decided to just edit the "DefaultControls.script" file contained in the "Scripts\Common" folder to contain the keys I wanted. So now I just have to hit "Default" in the controls section...

KDP

ZeeWolf 03-17-11 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1621861)
ZeeWolf,
Thanks but I just couldn't get it to work. I guess Vista doesn't want me to do it :damn:

I decided to just edit the "DefaultControls.script" file contained in the "Scripts\Common" folder to contain the keys I wanted. So now I just have to hit "Default" in the controls section...

KDP

Don't give up yet KDP! Try right mouse cliking on the DirectX folder and see
if there is a "user control". I wish frinik could add some help he used Vista
with great success and really likes it. So, I am sure Vista is over managing
everything and that simple right mouse click should give you all you need.

Keep us informed, and report how it works :up:

ZW :salute:

KapitanDP 03-17-11 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1621870)
Don't give up yet KDP! Try right mouse cliking on the DirectX folder and see
if there is a "user control". I wish frinik could add some help he used Vista
with great success and really likes it. So, I am sure Vista is over managing
everything and that simple right mouse click should give you all you need.

Keep us informed, and report how it works :up:

Zee Wolf,
I will give that a try and report back :salute:

In the meantime, I finally got some time to try that "EndMissionMenu.script" file. I overwrote the existing file in the "Scripts\Menus" folder but I didn't really see any changes. I will email you the screenshot of the Second German mission completion. I'm not sure what you changed but I still see the wild % number, more hits than shots, and at the top it says I was playing as a Russian.

KDP

ZeeWolf 03-17-11 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1621879)
Zee Wolf,
I will give that a try and report back :salute:

In the meantime, I finally got some time to try that "EndMissionMenu.script" file. I overwrote the existing file in the "Scripts\Menus" folder but I didn't really see any changes. I will email you the screenshot of the Second German mission completion. I'm not sure what you changed but I still see the wild % number, more hits than shots, and at the top it says I was playing as a Russian.

KDP

Ok, looking forward to the keys solution in Vista. As for the End of mission
fix, I'll take a look and revisit the issue and see if I can do what is needed.
The Russian mission end issue is another one I put on the back burner.
but I'll see if I can get both those resolved for the next update that is
currently in the works. Meanwhile the Keys issue for Vista is one of those
that I want your feed back on, so it can be passed on for future reference.

Cheers! :salute:

ZW

KapitanDP 03-18-11 08:55 AM

ZeeWolf,
Ok, here goes concerning saving the control key changes in Vista. I was logged on as Administrator and then I turned off the User Account Control (UAC) through MSCONFIG and then re-booted. When you do, Vista pops up a little red shield in the task bar telling you that you have disabled the UAC so at least I had confirmation. I ran TvT clicked the "Default" setting and the keys changed. I then clicked apply and then backed out of the game. I checked the C:\Program Files\Common Files\DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps folder and it was empty.

I also tried to move the "DefaultControls.script" file from the C:\Program Files\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vTiger\Scripts\Common folder to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps folder. I ran the game went into the control keys area and clicked "Default" but nothing happened.

I finally put a copy of the "DefaultControls.script" file in both folders and got the same result as in the first paragraph above. It let me change them with the "Default" button but nothing changed in the User Maps folder. The file was there but untouched.

Phew! Any other ideas just let me know...

KDP

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1622148)
ZeeWolf,
Ok, here goes concerning saving the control key changes in Vista. I was logged on as Administrator and then I turned off the User Account Control (UAC) through MSCONFIG and then re-booted. When you do, Vista pops up a little red shield in the task bar telling you that you have disabled the UAC so at least I had confirmation. I ran TvT clicked the "Default" setting and the keys changed. I then clicked apply and then backed out of the game. I checked the C:\Program Files\Common Files\DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps folder and it was empty.

I also tried to move the "DefaultControls.script" file from the C:\Program Files\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vTiger\Scripts\Common folder to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps folder. I ran the game went into the control keys area and clicked "Default" but nothing happened.

I finally put a copy of the "DefaultControls.script" file in both folders and got the same result as in the first paragraph above. It let me change them with the "Default" button but nothing changed in the User Maps folder. The file was there but untouched.

Phew! Any other ideas just let me know...

KDP

I PM'ed frinik for his help KDP. Meanwhile there is two things that can be
checked:
1.) Do you have a Joystick?
2.) Re-install the DirecX 9C that came with the game.

I know these things can be frustrating but with out your help and the help
of the others who have worked through these issues with me the advancement made would not have been possible.

ZW

KapitanDP 03-18-11 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1622262)
I PM'ed frinik for his help KDP. Meanwhile there is two things that can be
checked:
1.) Do you have a Joystick?
2.) Re-install the DirecX 9C that came with the game.

I know these things can be frustrating but with out your help and the help
of the others who have worked through these issues with me the advancement made would not have been possible.

ZW

ZeeWolf,
It won't install 9c because I have Direct X 11 installed. I checked on the website and they claim it is backward compatible with Direct X 9 but who knows :06:

And yes, my joystick is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

No problem with the helping part! :salute:

KDP

Wilcke 03-18-11 01:52 PM

Regardless of what your DX11 install contains, I highly recommend having every iteration and version of DX installed for our old games. If when installing the game the disks requests an install of an older DX version, please allow said install. The DX installer will check current DX files on your PC and update and add as needed. This is a huge problem for our older games. They need the old DX versions.

Best of luck!

KapitanDP 03-18-11 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilcke (Post 1622402)
Regardless of what your DX11 install contains, I highly recommend having every iteration and version of DX installed for our old games. If when installing the game the disks requests an install of an older DX version, please allow said install. The DX installer will check current DX files on your PC and update and add as needed. This is a huge problem for our older games. They need the old DX versions.

Best of luck!

Wilcke,
I don't get the option. I have checked the "Install Direct X 9c" square when installing but when the installer gets there it says it is not required in my version of Vista and stops. I assume it detects the newer installed version and quits. I researched the website but they warn that de-installing Direct X is a risky proposition.

KDP

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilcke (Post 1622402)

Best of luck!

Thanks Wilcke, that's it in a nut shell.

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1622422)
Wilcke,
I don't get the option. I have checked the "Install Direct X 9c" square when installing but when the installer gets there it says it is not required in my version of Vista and stops. I assume it detects the newer installed version and quits. I researched the website but they warn that de-installing Direct X is a risky proposition.

KDP

Well, I PM'ed frinik and he has not resolved the Keys issue in on his Vista PC
(which is news to me). However it seems there must be a way to install DX-9C as Administrator perhaps or some work around that would allow it. This issue is not present (as far as I know) in Win7, so that should be a light of hope. Both OS's over manage the hell out of apps.

ZW

PS:I did another temp fix for the end of mission file. I had a"+" where I should have had a "/" :oops:

http://www.tanksimzw.com/EndMissionMenu.zip

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 05:24 PM

DireckX 9C and Vista

Ok, I have found a work around for all VISTA users.:woot: I have learned that
using the DirectX 9C SDK version (date Feb. 2007) will install on Vista.

Here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

KapitanDP 03-18-11 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1622466)
Well, I PM'ed frinik and he has not resolved the Keys issue in on his Vista PC
(which is news to me). However it seems there must be a way to install DX-9C as Administrator perhaps or some work around that would allow it. This issue is not present (as far as I know) in Win7, so that should be a light of hope. Both OS's over manage the hell out of apps.

ZW

PS:I did another temp fix for the end of mission file. I had a"+" where I should have had a "/" :oops:

ZeeWolf,
With 2 different things going on I think you listed a link for the wrong file. End of Mission <--> TVT Save Keys

KDP

ZeeWolf 03-18-11 06:51 PM

Opps! :oops: your right :haha:

It's one of those "OH S**Ts!"

Thanks KDP:up:

ZW

PS: I'm no multitask-er

KapitanDP 03-18-11 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1622592)
Ok, I have found a work around for all VISTA users.:woot: I have learned that
using the DirectX 9C SDK version (date Feb. 2007) will install on Vista.

Here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

ZeeWolf,
I downloaded the file and yes it did install in Vista. I tried to change the user keys but as before there was no file in the User Maps folder. I checked "dxdiag" in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool but it still says I am using DirectX 11. I don't know if there is a way to switch between versions or does it just list the most recent version although there maybe 2 versions actually loaded???

KDP