SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   The Unofficial "Official" SH3 screenshot thread! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=83681)

Sailor Steve 01-18-2010 04:02 PM

When I was a kid I thought that blimps were just about the coolest things ever invented.

Today, thanks to GWX, I've learned to hate them.

frau kaleun 01-18-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1239336)
When I was a kid I thought that blimps were just about the coolest things ever invented.

Today, thanks to GWX, I've learned to hate them.

wait a minute WE GET ATTACKED BY BLIMPS? :o

and also by Invisible Giant Flying LaserCat, apparently.

TarJak 01-18-2010 09:44 PM

:yep: Blimps are modelled in GWX 3. US east Coast in '42 through '45 is the place to find 'em.

frau kaleun 01-18-2010 10:03 PM

So... is it possible, at all, to shoot one down? Not that I would ever try that, of course. I'm just, uh, asking for a friend.

iambecomelife 01-19-2010 11:19 AM

Yes, they can be destroyed but it's difficult. I tried once and almost got blown to pieces by its bomb load; the blimp got away.

ReFaN 01-19-2010 04:19 PM

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/622...1019335410.png

The wolf is on the prowl....

:p

Jimbuna 01-19-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1239628)
So... is it possible, at all, to shoot one down? Not that I would ever try that, of course. I'm just, uh, asking for a friend.

There is a thread...somewhere in which I posted a movie of just such an event.

I'll post it again if there are any requests.

frau kaleun 01-19-2010 06:37 PM

Well I wouldn't mind seeing it because I think it will be many careers before I dare attempt such a feat, much less succeed at it. :D

TarJak 01-20-2010 01:21 AM

You'll probably be fighting your way through SHV then.:D

Jimbuna 01-20-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1240337)
Well I wouldn't mind seeing it because I think it will be many careers before I dare attempt such a feat, much less succeed at it. :D

There ya go http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

http://www.filefront.com/11810808/Airship2.avi

frau kaleun 01-20-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarJak (Post 1240715)
You'll probably be fighting your way through SHV then.:D

Honestly I don't know if my current machine will run it, at least not with as much OOOH SHINY as I'd like. And I'm probably not going to be upgrading anything for a while since this rig's only a few months old.

I'll have to see what the final specs are when it comes out and what the initial reports are like from the people who get it right away. Even then, I'd probably wait a while. I haven't even begun to fully enjoy SH3 yet, lol.

Altho the prospect of having access to the full interior of a Type VII might entice me, just for gits and shiggles.

frau kaleun 01-20-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1241118)

Coolness, will go looky when I get home later. Thanks.

I have to tell you though if it doesn't go flying around in big fast crazy out of control circles making a high pitched "squeeeeeeeee" sound as it deflates, I will be somewhat disappointed, because really that's what I'd want an airship to do if I shot it. :O:

Jimbuna 01-20-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1241147)
Coolness, will go looky when I get home later. Thanks.

I have to tell you though if it doesn't go flying around in big fast crazy out of control circles making a high pitched "squeeeeeeeee" sound as it deflates, I will be somewhat disappointed, because really that's what I'd want an airship to do if I shot it. :O:

I think what your describing is called a whoopee cushion. :rotfl2:

Here's something I doubt you'll ever come across in your install :03:

http://www.filefront.com/15392621/Flying%20Dutchman.rar

frau kaleun 01-20-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1241183)
I think what your describing is called a whoopee cushion. :rotfl2:

Nice shootin' there, Tex. :)

Quote:

Here's something I doubt you'll ever come across in your install :03:

http://www.filefront.com/15392621/Flying%20Dutchman.rar
Too bad you couldn't sink her. Not really much tonnage to speak of on a phantom ship, but trying to claim it might've gotten you the Kriegsmarine equivalent of a nice comfy Section 8 discharge. :O:

Jimbuna 01-21-2010 05:30 PM

No doubt http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...lies/crazy.gif


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.