SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Journey's End for The Grey Wolves Mod Team (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583)

skwasjer 08-31-09 01:20 PM

I'm sure some of you will get itchy fingers when SH5 is released :yeah:

And Tomi, the offer still stands. I told you I couldn't help out much back a few months ago because of RL issues, and this still is true today. I just don't have much time (I only am available every other week, and then still have other stuff too), but I'm still willing to give it a go, just at my own pace... this means no deadlines... and no guarantee it will be done. But we should still give it a try... And now that I no longer need to work on S3D it's easier for me...

mopedmoppel 08-31-09 02:27 PM

Hello,

it´s a really sad message, but....very very thanx for your great work.
But i hope, we see you in a few years later again, with a mod for SH5, SH6 or SH7 :salute:

Jimbuna 08-31-09 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboywooly (Post 1162700)
Well what can I say thats not already been said
Chance to log on here or anywhere has been limited for the last few months due to RL\family reasons and getting a chance today I log on to see this

I do feel a lil guilty having been away from the team for far too long and not being able to contribute to GWX4 for months

Salute to the GWX team for making a difficult decision which with all the work I had seen before departure couldnt have been easy and I feel for those who have toiled non stop
Lets hope something can be done with all the new work either in GWX3 or released for use in SH4

Has been an honour working with the team past and present

:salute:

Great to see you here BBW....saw you were on The Lair yesterday...you should have posted something for the guys.

You've been a big miss, nobody will ever say any other, but you weren't the sole reason mate, we all share a part of the responsibility for the eventual outcome.

I know I certainly felt it was an honour working with you and am confident those thoughts will be reciprocated amongst the guys.

Gotta go, Newcastle have just scored.

Don't be a stranger, your access is and always will remain valid....ya basum :DL:03:

JU_88 08-31-09 03:10 PM

Hey BBW! good to see you around - and you have no reason to feel guilty what so ever,
All the best to you and the family :)

PaulH513 08-31-09 03:26 PM

As they say....All good things most come to an end and sadly this is one of them.

But then again, lets hope that what goes around...comes around.

Thanks Kpt. Lehmann, Jimbuna and the entire Dev Team for all what you have done for the Subsim community.

Onkel Neal 08-31-09 03:49 PM

I just heard about this. The Subsim flag is flying at half-mast. For all the work and joy Grey Wolves brought, I salute you. :shucks:

Rebel 08-31-09 03:51 PM

HUM

To all thank you . Hope we all are in the light for knowing each ether

JMV 08-31-09 03:51 PM

God, Did'nt know until the bad news I could be so much involved with GWX, Subsim, and with all of you modders that have dedicated so much of your time and life for such a great achievement as GWX... Thank you all GWX team..

I'm so down, I gave a leave to all my crew on board tonight...
mourning day, ordered Gross Amiral Donitz, flags midmast on all subs in Lorient pens for 3 days... And good so, because I don't know how I could have steered my sub after such beer drinking session that, if I am not careful, could have been duly reported in the KM archives...

Kopfschmerzen morgen, aber ja sicher !! Bitte Maul zu !

dogboat 08-31-09 03:52 PM

Thank you for all you have done for the community. SALUTE:|\\

Ducimus 08-31-09 04:04 PM

You'll have to excuse me for not engaging in any form of an applause after such an eloquently written melodramatic epitaph; because I'm pretty sure that just as soon as a whole new generation of modders makes a breakthrough in SH5 in their own version of ye ole "pin point drop thread", you'll be back. You won't be able to resist. :03:

sh3rules 08-31-09 04:05 PM

I would like to thank the GWX team. I spent so many hours playing GWX that I even requested a girlfriend mod a while back.

Jimbuna 08-31-09 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus (Post 1162865)
You'll have to excuse me for not engaging in any form of an applause after such an eloquently written melodramatic epitaph; because I'm pretty sure that just as soon as a whole new generation of modders makes a breakthrough in SH5 in their own version of ye ole "pin point drop thread", you'll be back. You won't be able to resist. :03:

I see your back....no change in the attitude or behaviour either :hmmm:

Well after having read the vitriolic diatribe in Hogans Alley you'll understand if non of the team feels the urge to respond further.

Honourable people act in an honourable way :03:

Spectemur Agendo Grey Wolves http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

Deep Source 08-31-09 04:30 PM

Grey Wolves X was the best mod I've ever used!

Thanks for all :salute:.

I hope that Silent Hunter 5 exceeds the GWX3, but...

JMV 08-31-09 04:32 PM

HIMMELARSCH UND WOLKENBRUCH !

UND EIN PROSCHT DER GEMUTLICHKEIT ZU ALLE IN GWX.

TOT GWX ? NEIN

VERGESSEN GWX ? NIE, UNDENKBAR ( Warum, wurden sie fragen ? Weil es

immer so sein wird, dass nicht alle, wie ich, konnen einen neues computer

kaufen konnen )

I lost a lot of my german, so please correct me for what is between ( ).

WERDE BALD GANZ BETRUNKEN SEIN...

GRUSS GOT ALLE GENOSSEN !

Ducimus 08-31-09 05:15 PM

jimbuna, i was being as nice as a hard boiled SOB like myself can be, but If you want to keep playing forum games you go right ahead, but you'll have to excuse me for not wanting to play. And like i said, you''ll be back. Once SH5 picks up, you'll all be back. Moddings an addiction in itself and you all know it. :haha:

VonDos 08-31-09 05:24 PM

:wah:
:salute:

JMV 08-31-09 05:34 PM

Ducimus :

Of course they'll all be back after a while... They don't know it themselves just as yet, but you can bet on it... :03:

Give them a break for five, let them breathe a little bitr. Stop beeing like piranhas that haven't seen a cow for 24 hours, or you're going to disgust ( or repell, dunno [ Already wrote in portugese and german tonight + beers = :doh: ] ) them for good...:nope:

You don't know what it is to be in the driver's seat like Cpt Lehman ( I don't know either :haha: Hehehe ) But c'mon please guys, stop acting like vampires...

:rotfl:

JohnnyBlaze 08-31-09 06:26 PM

Salute, GWX Team! :salute:

Thank you for making this fantastic expansion for the game. Silent Hunter 3 wouldn't be the same without GWX3 :up:

Just to put the emotions on the side for a moment, you guys do what's best for you. No matter what reason.
No of us can really question that.

All the best for you GWX crew. Still hope to see you guys around

:yeah:

Armistead 08-31-09 06:55 PM

Great work. I just started playing 3 some, so that's new to me. That work in itself will keep the game alive for years to come.....

Rockin Robbins 08-31-09 07:34 PM

Wouldn't it be a hoot if SH3/GWX turns out to be a better gameplay experience than SH5? Seeing the wild shots the devs took with U-Boat Missions, I know that we have a dev team that's not afraid to take some awfully scary chances in pursuit of excellence.

That's a two edged sword. While it opens the door to surprising super success, it does so on the edge of a very tall cliff which has no guard rail. Either the success or the failure will be spectacularly entertaining!