SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Campaign Realism Settings (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245665)

Macgregor the Hammer 06-23-20 05:37 PM

Campaign Realism Settings

What are the settings for easy, normal, hard, etc for the campaigns? I noticed that individual realism choices are not available.

Thanks

Col7777 06-23-20 06:05 PM

When you first go in the sim, the options are there, then you select either campaign or single missions.

Col.

XenonSurf 06-23-20 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer (Post 2679563)
What are the settings for easy, normal, hard, etc for the campaigns? I noticed that individual realism choices are not available.

Thanks

It works like this:

- The gameplay options in the main menu are for single missions only

- The easy, normal, hard choice in the career start window is for how many starting renown points you get so you can use the points to get additional equipment right at your career start; nothing to do with difficulty or realism settings.

- After entering a name in the Career window you find yourself in the Captain's Office; here you must chose the gameplay settings for your campaign, these are the same choices as those in the main menu, only that you set them for your career only (it's on the left near the books on the shelve.) Then use your renown points to add equipment if available in the port, maybe a better SJ radar, a better deck gun etc., but you don't have to, you can save your points for later usage. You will get more renown points by sinking ships.

I hope this helps,
XS

Macgregor the Hammer 06-23-20 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2679565)
It works like this:

- The gameplay options in the main menu are for single missions only

- The easy, normal, hard choice in the career start window is for how many starting renown points you get so you can use the points to get additional equipment right at your career start; nothing to do with difficulty or realism settings.

- After entering a name in the Career window you find yourself in the Captain's Office; here you must chose the gameplay settings for your campaign, these are the same choices as those in the main menu, only that you set them for your career only (it's on the left near the books on the shelve.) Then use your renown points to add equipment if available in the port, maybe a better SJ radar, a better deck gun etc., but you don't have to, you can save your points for later usage. You will get more renown points by sinking ships.

I hope this helps,
XS

Perfect!! Just what I was looking for! :up: After playing for about 6 months, I finally decided to start a career...

Thanks

Col7777 06-24-20 01:55 AM

Thanks XS, of course you are right, I forgot about that, I rarely play in a career.

Sorry to the OP I gave you false info.

Col.

Havan_IronOak 06-24-20 05:36 AM

Just wanted to toss in my two cents worth...

I understand that several of the mega mods have initial "difficulty setting" set for career mode based on easy/medium/hard. But they can be changed to whatever custom settings you want at the beginning of each mission in the office.

My first campaign the first time I played the game I ran with auto targeting on but after a few missions went to manual targeting.