SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Flaw in Fotrs (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254350)

1Patriotofmany 01-06-23 01:44 AM

Flaw in Fotrs

I got back from my first patrol in a GAR class Gudegeon SS-211. Selected to have a fore gun instead of a stern gun. Got to my patrol area before noticing I have no deck gun at all now! Is this a flaw in the mod or a problem in SH4?

KaleunMarco 01-06-23 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany (Post 2846078)
I got back from my first patrol in a GAR class Gudegeon SS-211. Selected to have a fore gun instead of a stern gun. Got to my patrol area before noticing I have no deck gun at all now! Is this a flaw in the mod or a problem in SH4?

no and yes. (lol)

it is a known issue with sh4.

the fix is easy but i am at work and not at my sh4-computer.
two places to look for the fix.
1. look in the FOTRSU support folder for Missing Crew Deck Gun or some such.
2. perform a google search with the same key words plus SH4 and/or SUbsim.

propbeanie 01-06-23 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany (Post 2846078)

As KM says, look in the "Game /Support /HowTo" folder for the "NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" file. Refer to the 3rd page, "The New and Improved FotRSU Way" section. You most likely have an incomplete "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon" section. Use the Compartment 7 section as a guide - in other words, you can copy that Compartment 7 section and paste it into the Compartment 8 section, changing any references of "7" to "8", "Aft" to "Fore". or "Stern" to "Bow", etc. You might also have to look for "AdditionalRepository" on the CrewMember lines for Compartment 8, and remove those from the lines. The files you edit are in the game's Save folder, and you must be careful and precise with your edits.

There is a procedure outlined on a way to effect the change with minimal chance for error. It is best if you remove your gun crews and put them back into the Damage Control Team slots, prior to docking at Home Port. If all else fails, use the Auto-Save upon returning to base if you need to rollback to before you made the change if necessary. You can also try to add the gun again from there. The really BIG BIG thing is to check on the status of any changes you make to your boat while in the on-shore Captain's OFfice. For whatever reason, the game will choke and gag, and refuse to do our bidding, and has been like this since March of 2007.

1Patriotofmany 01-07-23 08:26 AM

Thanks gentlemen!