SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   More than one Sub in same game (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226378)

MindfulCrane07 06-03-16 05:08 PM

More than one Sub in same game

Hello everyone do you know if it is possible to have more than one submarine in the same game, and if so can someone tell me how to do it. We are currently trying to make it work but we see no option to add another sub.

Regards Mindfulcrane07

Usurpator 06-03-16 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindfulCrane07 (Post 2409278)
Hello everyone do you know if it is possible to have more than one submarine in the same game, and if so can someone tell me how to do it. We are currently trying to make it work but we see no option to add another sub.

Regards Mindfulcrane07

It is possible to have several subs in the same game. When a new player joins, he or she can press "new crew". By doing that another sub is created :)

MindfulCrane07 06-03-16 05:59 PM

We tried that, we had one sub with four people in and i as a fifth person tried to join but there were no option to create a new crew this is why i asked :)

EDIT: we made it work now.
But we found a bug in doing so, despite useing the same radio frequence we could not communicate with each other.

Onkel Neal 06-03-16 06:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wolfpack!

Usurpator 06-03-16 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindfulCrane07 (Post 2409294)
We tried that, we had one sub with four people in and i as a fifth person tried to join but there were no option to create a new crew this is why i asked :)

EDIT: we made it work now.
But we found a bug in doing so, despite useing the same radio frequence we could not communicate with each other.

Hm, that's odd. I tried it just now and it worked. Did you tune in to the same frequency on the communication radio (the lower machine, not the radio direction finder), and did you send using the morse key (not the enigma machine)? Sorry if these are obvious questions, but i have to make sure :)

MindfulCrane07 06-03-16 07:24 PM

No props, but yes we did use the same radio frequency 5 and 7. And we were useing the morse not the enigma.
So i dont know what went wrong

Usurpator 06-03-16 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindfulCrane07 (Post 2409311)
No props, but yes we did use the same radio frequency 5 and 7. And we were useing the morse not the enigma.
So i dont know what went wrong

Were both of you tuned in to the same frequency, or did one of you use 5 and one of you use 7? Maybe i am misunderstanding, but you should be tuned to the same frequency. I suggest using another frequancy than the Germans. If both of you tune in to frequency 5 it should work :)

MindfulCrane07 06-03-16 07:43 PM

First we both tried 7 but then the Germans started so we both changed to 5.
But i can see how what i wrote could be misleading :)

MindfulCrane07 06-03-16 08:23 PM

Ok it appers now that this works aswell, the reason it did not work might have been because we were not exactly on point with the frequency i dont know.

Usurpator 06-03-16 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindfulCrane07 (Post 2409324)
Ok it appers now that this works aswell, the reason it did not work might have been because we were not exactly on point with the frequency i dont know.

Great! We just tested it again and it worked, so it was probably the lack of fine tuning that caused it, as you said :up: