SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Careers (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233432)

Doolar 09-16-17 11:50 PM

Careers

I have a question for ya'll. How many active careers do you have. That is careers you are playing. I myself have 4 careers. One for the Med, one for "Drumbeat, one for the 1st Flotilla and one for the 2nd. I rotate them but I do play then all. One at a time, most of the time.

Rhodes 09-17-17 04:41 AM

Have 2 active careers, one with type VIIc, march of 1944 (new career, previous ended at the same month and year, retirement of the commander) and other with a IXB, ended patrol in May of same year, so possible it will also be a retirement for the Kaleunt.
Thinking of doing a type XXI patrol, just April of 1945, new u-boat with my type VII kaleunt if I survive until there or start a new career.

Obltn Strand 09-17-17 10:12 AM

Just one at the time. Currently no career but soon Strand resurrects and takes command of first type II, then most likely VII. Usually I start late -40 or early -41...

YellowFin 10-02-17 03:53 PM

I have two active ones, one for my let's play on youtube (look for captain yellowfin there) and one for private enjoyment. I just recently started one in the med, late '41, but haven't actually played it.

BarracudaUAK 10-02-17 08:57 PM

I haven't played recently, but I have 4.

One each in a Type 2, 7, 9, and 21...

(I've been getting the same graphical glitch/flickering that I've been getting in SH4, so SH is on hold for now.
I've been distracting myself with other games while I try to sort it out.)

The Type 21, after playing a short career with the 21 as available in Stock/GWX...
I made a tweak, and currently the 21 career is from '39.
I figured I would see which boat I could get more tonnage with, versus how many patrols, etc.

Barracuda

P.S. I also have 3 for the "Warship Mod" v3.0, since there are 3 variations on the mod, to give 9 ships, I have one for each variation of the main.

But these started getting crash happy, so they were put on hold.

Mork_417 10-02-17 09:11 PM

I have two currently, one in Silent Hunter (about to start second patrol), and one in SH4 (still on first patrol). Both are in S-boats.

Sharpshooter 10-03-17 03:18 PM

One in SH3. On my 30th patrol, 100% realism :)

junkman 10-30-17 10:45 AM

I run two at a time and keep a vanilla game as back up.

Gerald 10-30-17 10:54 AM

I have ongoing careers all are from 1943 and submarine classes are IXC.:yep:

Kendras 10-30-17 03:39 PM

Mmhh, I had an active career, long time ago, with vanilla game, until I discovered how far from real history it was. :wah: Since, I only mod the game ... When I'm ready to do manual targetting and the campaign is more historical (convoys), I will start a new career, perhaps in an online flotilla. :hmm2: