SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Operation Monsun (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134922)

xristoskaiti 10-22-08 03:08 AM

demand....... I want a Mediteraneo Campaigns...... I believe that it is easy to become...with the existing files, other important they is that it can be much more realistic than
Atlantic Campaigns :oops: :oops: :oops:

lurker_hlb3 10-22-08 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xristoskaiti
demand....... I want a Mediteraneo Campaigns...... I believe that it is easy to become...with the existing files, other important they is that it can be much more realistic than

Currently working on V500 that will give you what you want. Here part of the new readme

Operation Monsun
“Mare Nostrum”
Version 500

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 500 “Mare Nostrum” covers the operations of Uboats under the control of the 23rd/29th Flotillas in the Mediterranean during the period of September 1941 to September 1944. You will see all the major British re-supply missions that were executed after Sept 41 (i.e. Operation SUBSTANCE, MINCEMEAT, HALBERD, HARPOON, VIGOROUS, PEDESTAL, STONEAGE, PORTCULLIS and QUADRANGLE) along with the various aircraft supply convoys, and the allied invasions of Africa, Italy and Southern France. OM v500 includes all older versions on OM (Action in the North Atlantic, BdU’s coastal submarine operations, Operation Paukenschlag and Operation Monsun)

xristoskaiti 10-22-08 07:42 AM

Currently working on V500 that will give you what you want.

Great to hear :rock: :rock: :rock:

TDK1044 10-22-08 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:

Originally Posted by xristoskaiti

Currently working on V500 that will give you what you want. Here part of the new readme

Operation Monsun

“Mare Nostrum”

Version 500

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 500 “Mare Nostrum” covers the operations of Uboats under the control of the 23rd/29th Flotillas in the Mediterranean during the period of September 1941 to September 1944. You will see all the major British re-supply missions that were executed after Sept 41 (i.e. Operation SUBSTANCE, MINCEMEAT, HALBERD, HARPOON, VIGOROUS, PEDESTAL, STONEAGE, PORTCULLIS and QUADRANGLE) along with the various aircraft supply convoys, and the allied invasions of Africa, Italy and Southern France. OM v500 includes all older versions on OM (Action in the North Atlantic, BdU’s coastal submarine operations, Operation Paukenschlag and Operation Monsun)

WOW!!! Lurker, your mods along with PE4 and TMO makes SH4 a truly superb subsim. I can't wait for V500. :D

Orion2012 10-23-08 02:31 AM

Quote:

Operation Monsun
“Mare Nostrum”
Version 500

Great, can't wait :up:

Fish40 10-23-08 03:26 AM

I ditto that!:up:

loreed 10-26-08 06:01 PM

Deck Gun Has No Effect

I have just added Op Mo V400 with patch. I have fired point blank ate a small merchant and a medium tanker with absolutely no effect, 50 rounds and the tanker was unharmed, not even a small fire, one torpedo sank it. Ditto the small freighter, anyone else having this problem?

lurker_hlb3 10-26-08 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loreed
I have just added Op Mo V400 with patch. I have fired point blank ate a small merchant and a medium tanker with absolutely no effect, 50 rounds and the tanker was unharmed, not even a small fire, one torpedo sank it. Ditto the small freighter, anyone else having this problem?

For best results, use the "Aim at Waterline" option when firing the main deckgun.

loreed 10-26-08 11:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

For best results, use the "Aim at Waterline" option when firing the main deckgun.

I did that for about half the shots, went for the splash and the flash as much as possible but nothing, then I shot for th engine room and super structure to see if I could get any damage, nothing happened. I am looking for a file I can check to see if it was corrupted during install, if anyone has any suggestions where to look I would appreciate it.

Orion2012 10-27-08 12:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I did that for about half the shots, went for the splash and the flash as much as possible but nothing, then I shot for th engine room and super structure to see if I could get any damage, nothing happened. I am looking for a file I can check to see if it was corrupted during install, if anyone has any suggestions where to look I would appreciate it.

What other mods do you have. In some cases damaging a previously damaged compartment, say by torpedo, will not cause the HP to flood any more, but begin to degrade ship HP, which will take a long time. In RFB 1.52 you can only sink a ship by flooding it, meaning only shots below the water line will cause more water to be taken on.

cgjimeneza 10-27-08 10:15 PM

use a single install

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion2012
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What other mods do you have. In some cases damaging a previously damaged compartment, say by torpedo, will not cause the HP to flood any more, but begin to degrade ship HP, which will take a long time. In RFB 1.52 you can only sink a ship by flooding it, meaning only shots below the water line will cause more water to be taken on.

if possible make a unique install for playing op monsun.... it helps a lot

TDK1044 10-29-08 08:10 AM

I'm still very early into my Campaign (1940) due to the limited amount of time I have each week to play the game. When do I start to see convoys rather than just single ships? :D

Wilcke 10-29-08 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDK1044
I'm still very early into my Campaign (1940) due to the limited amount of time I have each week to play the game. When do I start to see convoys rather than just single ships? :D

Not absolutely sure of the start of the convoys but I have run across them in 9/41. They are there, keep looking and use the wonderful Intel maps in the support folders.

Happy Hunting!

TDK1044 10-29-08 01:18 PM

Cool. Will do. Thanks.

lurker_hlb3 10-30-08 06:43 PM

OM v500 is up

Check first post of OM thread for download links & readme