SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   UBOAT (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=281)
-   -   Sheesh..... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248538)

AVGWarhawk 02-18-21 02:28 PM

Sheesh.....

I get an assignment to drop a man for some espionage activity near a port. I make way and drop said man at the designated spot. I then received a message to go to the port and wreck some havoc. I slide in under darkness. Some easy pick'ins are at the dock. They sink. No activity at the port for quite some time. I figured perhaps this is just unfinished portion or something. I begin my slow turn to leave port. Then all hell breaks loose. My hull is punctured like a needle to a balloon. U-96 is now at the bottom of the bay.....sigh....next time I will assume the port is not an "unfinished" portion of the game.

Now boarding U-97. :Kaleun_Cheers:

GoldenRivet 02-18-21 02:42 PM

I just got sent to the sea floor in 200 m of water. managed to get the flooding stopped and the water out.

we resurfaced with a lot of damage to repair topside. Made it back to La Rochelle.

al that from an armed C3 cargo ship that rammed the conning tower and shot us up with 20mm im guessing

Lost a man overboard during an aircraft rocket attack too... that was not good

AVGWarhawk 02-18-21 03:43 PM

Ma'ma said there would be days like this. My sub filled with water. The crew had a count down which I guess is their time left before they could not hold their breath any longer.

GoldenRivet 02-18-21 03:58 PM

I think the countdown timers are for wounded crew, it represents the time you have left to commence life saving treatment or render first aide before they can no longer be saved

AVGWarhawk 02-18-21 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenRivet (Post 2731087)
I think the countdown timers are for wounded crew, it represents the time you have left to commence life saving treatment or render first aide before they can no longer be saved

I think you are 100% correct. My boat was filled with water to the ceiling. I could not sit and watch the count downs for the crew. There was no saving them.

Hans_CC 03-13-21 12:55 PM

There are at least 3 of these in missions on different ports

Looks like this forum is old but I will post anyway - UBOAT - Port Missions - Yuppers - you have to be very very quiet and stealthy - Depending on which port you have to reverse out quietly on one of these missions and then turn and make your get away - Others I was able to run with manual steering, no gyro and make it very quiet - get your hits and squeek out against the coast line. A good thing to do is a game save at the entrance to the port - that way you can always reload - Good luck

Aktungbby 03-14-21 12:41 PM

Welcome aboard!

Hans_CC!:Kaleun_Salute:

AVGWarhawk 03-15-21 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans_CC (Post 2735957)
Looks like this forum is old but I will post anyway - UBOAT - Port Missions - Yuppers - you have to be very very quiet and stealthy - Depending on which port you have to reverse out quietly on one of these missions and then turn and make your get away - Others I was able to run with manual steering, no gyro and make it very quiet - get your hits and squeek out against the coast line. A good thing to do is a game save at the entrance to the port - that way you can always reload - Good luck

Gotta watch the coastline while in the port area. I ran into sub nets. That was no fun.