SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Getting rid of tonnage bar grafic in the map (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=241544)

XenonSurf 06-19-19 05:16 PM

Getting rid of tonnage bar grafic in the map

[RESOLVED]

Hi,
I have already a modded strategic map with removed iron crosses. The modded file is thsi one: 'StrategicMapNew.dds' is located in
data\Menu\Gui
But if I click on a mission icon, there is a pop-up window with the mission text, but also still with the tonnage bar...I want to get rid of this bar (like in TWoS).
Which file needs to be modded and is responsible for this pop-up window?
If needed, I can provide a screenshot to better illustrate what I mean.

[EDIT]
It's located in data\Menu\Pages...Page navigation map.ini

Tremendous work, because all missions must be edited to reposition the bar in no-man's-land...Bravo vdr1981! :up:

Oby 06-20-19 10:59 AM

To get rid of tonnage bar(move it out of view) you must only change the lines under progress frame in data/Menu/Pages/Page navigation map.ini. For instance like this:

Name=ProgressFrame
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x31110002
ParentID=0x31110000
Pos=15000,-74,0,1
Zone= 15312 824 0 1 0 1 0x31110001 100 -1.5 0x31110002 0 1 0 0

Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/strategicmapnew.dds
Crop 0=0.625,0.365234,0.294922,0.0078125
MatFlags=0x9
TexFmt=0x0

I found this mod, I've done a while ago for myself. It changes IO map layout back to vannila. TWOS IO map is nice, but for my eyes default map is better. If nothing else, you'll see what files are associated with nav map. Use this with no-tonnage campaigns, but you can test it with vanilla game. It's JSGME ready.

https://mega.nz/#!yToXBIAa!9xEOq3M-8...PYpM-PahrGUQEA

:salute:

XenonSurf 06-20-19 12:18 PM

Yeah, thanks Obi, that's what I have discovered by taking the WoS file and comparing it with my modlist with still the iron crosses an tonnage bar active. My modlist (see other recent thread) is almost ready for download and optionally a player can play with - or without - tonnage bar mechanic.

By using Veko's file, there is no more trace of any tonnage bar, very good, because it only confuses players used to play without. Problem is that still I cannot explain the differences in the 2 playing modes, but I don't think they are game relevant if you go on sinking ships...:D

Thank you!
:Kaleun_Cheers:XS

Oby 06-20-19 01:08 PM

You'll find your answer, if you take a look into campaign.cfg file in individual campaigns projects folder. The difference is that he removed tonnage and objectives requirements to progress true game. In TWOS everything is date related.

Compare vanilla campaign.cfg and TWOS campaign.cfg.

Although is a clever solution and obviously more real life like, it's not so I would say "satisfactory"from game perspective. What I mean is that a player has to have some directions and goals to achieve in game like this. Although poor implemented, filling up tonnage bar is one of them.

XenonSurf 06-20-19 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 2615033)
You'll find your answer, if you take a look into campaign.cfg file in individual campaigns projects folder. The difference is that he removed tonnage and objectives requirements to progress true game. In TWOS everything is date related.

Compare vanilla campaign.cfg and TWOS campaign.cfg.

Although is a clever solution and obviously more real life like, it's not so I would say "satisfactory"from game perspective. What I mean is that a player has to have some directions and goals to achieve in game like this. Although poor implemented, filling up tonnage bar is one of them.

Yes, thanks, I will compare the files, but what I wonder is:

With or without tonnage bar mechanic, if you don't accept a mission at the officer in the bunker (or you accept one but you go elsewhere at another mission location), and then you travel exactly to a mission location. Will the same ships spawn in the world compared to the situation where you *did* chose this mission in the bunker? That's what puzzles me...If there is a difference, then it's very important to depart with an active mission. Testing this is very time consuming...

All I know from my tests (not complete yet) is that with the tonnage bar mechanic you get renown points for any ships you sink, plus promotion points for your crew, , BUT still the mission is 'incomplete' with no tonnage bar progress. Here a patrol report from my KSD Commander:

------
JJ Nemo. Patrol #2. 9/28/1939

-------------------------------------------------------
Patrol #2
9/17/1939 6:00:38 AM Out on patrol from the base Wilhelmshaven
9/19/1939 11:48:00 AM Destroyed Anson Patrol Bomber, Long 2° 17' E, Lat 55° 26' N
9/19/1939 9:40:00 PM Destroyed Hog Island Type A Freighter, 4046 tons, Long 0° 59' E, Lat 56° 21' N
9/21/1939 10:50:00 PM Destroyed Dale Class Fleet Oiler, 17407 tons, Long 2° 58' W, Lat 58° 54' N
9/21/1939 11:33:00 PM Destroyed Patroclus Armed Merchant Cruiser, 11206 tons, Long 3° 00' W, Lat 58° 50' N
9/21/1939 11:36:00 PM Destroyed Patroclus Armed Merchant Cruiser, 11201 tons, Long 2° 59' W, Lat 58° 50' N
9/22/1939 12:23:00 AM Destroyed SV Medium Freighter, 7737 tons, Long 3° 00' W, Lat 58° 51' N
9/25/1939 4:42:28 PM Completion of a patrol in the base Wilhelmshaven
Torpedoes launched: 11
Impact: 9
Missed: 1
No exact data: 1
Sinking tonnage: 51,597
Merit: 1060
Raiting increased by 1
Patrol time: 9 days
9/25/1939 The new award is Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

-----------------------------------------------------

I guess these 'Merit' points corrispond to the surplus of Renown points I get in the bunker for upgrades, plus I got 5 promotion points for my crew. I don't know if I would get much more with an 'active' Scapa Flow mission.

Now in OHII with Tonnage Bar, it doesn't matter if a mission is complete or not I think, you will advance anyway to the next mission or campaign (I've yet to test that to be sure). So substantially I see no difference playing with or without tonnage bar with OHII based mods... But I may be wrong with all this...

XS

Oby 06-20-19 05:29 PM

Let's forget TWOS and see how vanilla works. First all the rewards you can get in game. They are mainly presented as different kind of points:

Renown Points - destroying enemy ships,planes. You can check it in sea or air folder, for ships or planes. Spent on upgrading your submarine in bunker.

You get them independently from missions or campaign progress. So you can basicly go anywhere, anytime and you'll get them for destroying enemy.

Promo Points -completing whole campaign, individual campaign objectives, individual missions. Spent on upgrading crew abilities.

You get them acording to how you progress in individual campaign, for every objective and mission completed.

Morale Points - check scripts/data/AI/Events folder. Sinking ships and completing campaign objectives.

Used for crew abilities and sub handling.

Value Points - completing individual campaign objectives. There are always 10 per individual campaign(Total Germany, Happy Times,etc.). They are distributed among the objectives and are presented with crosses(small cross=1VP,big cross=2VP)

Ranking points - Captain(yours) and crew rank. They are used for upgrading experience. You get them by sinking and completing objectives. I think you can check it in data/Cfg/Basic.cfg file.

So as you can see those points are interconnected between themselves.

Example Scapa Flow. There are two posibility to conduct operation:

1. Start in bunker in determined date interval with Scapa mission selected(deadline on campaign objective):
- all points involved and rewarded acordind to mission result.

2. Start on sea in determined date interval(deadline on campaign objective):
-renown points awarded according to succsess
-less or no promo points, because no mission objective completed
-less ranking(exp) points

There are three layers of operation:

1.Mission(Scapa mission-I think it's name is Special P mission)
2.Campaign Objective(Breaking the Fortress)
3.Campaign (Total Germany)

In order to get maximum reward you must start with mission selected, but it is not mandatory, as long you you take into account the deadline for campaign objective(Breaking the Fortress).

There are two facts you must take into account:

Deadline of campaign objective (sept 1939 to oct 1939) - it means that at this time the apropriate objects(ships,planes,zones) will spawn on determined places.
Number of apropriate type of ships sunk in mission zone = 1 - no tonnage, but the bar will fill up.If not, you are not in zone or the target is not the right type.

The reason for starting with mission is also, you get radio messages and other stuff related to objective.

So, why tonnage bar:
- it shows campaign objective progress(tonnage or number of ships sunk)
- you get aditional award points for filling it up(completing campaign objective) or minus points if you faill.
- you get value points for progress in main campaign
- although unrealistic, it gives you purpose and sense of acomplishment when filled.

OHII with tonnage is no different than vanilla. It works on the same principle.

Above is only true if the tonnage bar bug is not present. If you experince the bug then you must manually edit campaign files in save folder.

XenonSurf 06-21-19 11:01 AM

That's awesome, ObY, thanks to have taken this time for me, very appreciated and helpful for my test runs :yeah:

My final objective with these tests is to see if really I have eliminated all bugs due to tonnage bar, up to now I can say: yes I did, and I have added messages for campaign endings so the player will know what to do to advance (he will have to overwrite a file 'Campaign.cfg' in his savegame folder to avoid CTD if not connected with U-Play server, I think this CTD is the so-called tonnage bug?).

Your infos are very helpful to see if everything campaign-related in my modlist goes as it should! I will spend the time to check the files you mention, thank you very much :up:

:Kaleun_Cheers:xs

Oby 06-22-19 03:26 AM

Quote:

Value Points - completing individual campaign objectives. There are always 10 per individual campaign(Total Germany, Happy Times,etc.). They are distributed among the objectives and are presented with crosses(small cross=1VP,big cross=2VP)
Just to correct myself.

Promotion points - player also gets them for sinking ships(I think the amount is: 1 for enemy, -1 for neutral, -10 for friendly)

Value points are actually Victory points. You can check them in campaign,cfg of individual campaign project.

There are always 10 per individual campaign(Total Germany, Happy Times,etc.). They are distributed among the objectives and are presented with crosses(small cross=Normal Victory, big cross=Mayor Victory - see below)

If you survive all the hell on sea, individual campaign can have three endings. It ends in determined time interval OR you can finish it earlier, if you achieve mayor victory(campaign ends and the game just teleport you to bunker - not very nice). Each completed campaign objective contribute specified amount of VP,ussually 1 or 2, to final result:

1. 10 Victory Points=Mayor Victory - player gets the most of promo, exp and renown points.

Te last two crosses of campaign GUI on navmap represent requirements for MV, and they are bigger for that pourpose.

2. 8,9 VP=Normal Victory

3. Less than 8VP=Defeat - player get minus rewards.

I think that's that about reward points in SH5. Further questions are welcome. Will help if I can.

Be good and all the best with your mod.