SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Journey's End for The Grey Wolves Mod Team (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155583)

VonDos 08-31-09 05:24 PM

:wah:
:salute:

JMV 08-31-09 05:34 PM

Ducimus :

Of course they'll all be back after a while... They don't know it themselves just as yet, but you can bet on it... :03:

Give them a break for five, let them breathe a little bitr. Stop beeing like piranhas that haven't seen a cow for 24 hours, or you're going to disgust ( or repell, dunno [ Already wrote in portugese and german tonight + beers = :doh: ] ) them for good...:nope:

You don't know what it is to be in the driver's seat like Cpt Lehman ( I don't know either :haha: Hehehe ) But c'mon please guys, stop acting like vampires...

:rotfl:

JohnnyBlaze 08-31-09 06:26 PM

Salute, GWX Team! :salute:

Thank you for making this fantastic expansion for the game. Silent Hunter 3 wouldn't be the same without GWX3 :up:

Just to put the emotions on the side for a moment, you guys do what's best for you. No matter what reason.
No of us can really question that.

All the best for you GWX crew. Still hope to see you guys around

:yeah:

Armistead 08-31-09 06:55 PM

Great work. I just started playing 3 some, so that's new to me. That work in itself will keep the game alive for years to come.....

Rockin Robbins 08-31-09 07:34 PM

Wouldn't it be a hoot if SH3/GWX turns out to be a better gameplay experience than SH5? Seeing the wild shots the devs took with U-Boat Missions, I know that we have a dev team that's not afraid to take some awfully scary chances in pursuit of excellence.

That's a two edged sword. While it opens the door to surprising super success, it does so on the edge of a very tall cliff which has no guard rail. Either the success or the failure will be spectacularly entertaining!

magick 08-31-09 09:09 PM

Dear GWX team, many many thanks for all that great work!!

Sag75 08-31-09 10:02 PM

Present Arms!

21-GUN SALUTE To

The Grey Wolves Team !

edjcox 08-31-09 10:59 PM

Thanks

My personal thanks to the GWX team... Many hours of effort and sacrifice.

I enjoyed your work and still play and use the mods every day...

Good Luck in all your futures, whatever they may be, you can be proud of the GWX Lega sea....

Gaijin 09-01-09 12:42 AM

Can only echo the sentiments already expressed.

GWX is the most fantastic mod project I have ever come across. It will be around for a long time to come. Enjoy your just tributes.

SquareSteelBar 09-01-09 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann (Post 1162152)
...we are clearly no longer capable of executing our mission to develop GWX4. Even if we were able to do so, many of the objectives we intended to execute, (as stated on our website and elsewhere) would likely be mirrored only a short time later with the release of SH5... rendering our work obsolete. Just as we've done our dead-level-best to impliment things most sought after by the community... it is clear that the Silent Hunter Devs have been listening to you. This is a good thing guys. It is rather logical that parallel courses were eventually steered into in many ways...

...remember UBI's announcements for SH3 - only few of those things were realised at last.

However, many thanks for your efforts - GREAT JOB ! :rock:

So long,
SquareSteelBar

Spruence M 09-01-09 02:07 AM

Man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell. ~Jean Paul Richter

Farewell to those whom outdid Ubisoft.

GWX was the greatest game ever played.

Bosje 09-01-09 02:32 AM

I for one don't mind if Jim and Ducimus keep at it for a while, always keen to learn new words :know:

danlisa 09-01-09 02:40 AM

I know this was a hard decision for you but, as I think you'll see, the correct one.

Regardless of the work done and lost on GWX 4, that time has been invaluable in terms of learning and skill progression.;)

GWX Gold stands as the teams legacy.

To hell with SH4, was a POS anyway.:D

h.sie 09-01-09 02:59 AM

what is a POS?

Reece 09-01-09 03:23 AM

Failure!!:03: