SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] War Ace Campaign (WAC) 5.0 2017 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233626)

HanSolo78 10-02-17 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner (Post 2516464)
@Han

One quick question if you don't mind. Can I install WAC 5.0 using Blitz SH3-Front End ? Is Hsies patch different for WAC? Likewise the 4GB patch? Also I already have Commander installed, how does your commander-light differ, can I use the version that comes with SH3FE?

Sorry yes I realise that's four questions ;) :salute:

Many thanks and best regards.

Fubar2Niner

FrontEnd should work I guess.. although Blitz worked in the team, we never tested it with FE. H.si patch should also work with FE & the included 4GB patch.
SH3 Commander light file has to be used from WAC5.0.
FE is not matched to WAC5.0 relating SH3 commander.

Fubar2Niner 10-02-17 03:03 PM

Thanks for the quick reply mate. Getting things sorted now. I will report back regarding FrontEnd and if it works or not :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2niner

HanSolo78 10-03-17 08:54 AM

Added some Mediterranean WS loading pictures.
Have a look into the folder: Widescreen_1920_1080

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9b5...ceCampaign_5.0

3catcircus 10-03-17 09:09 AM

So - I'm confused in how to use SH3C lite. I've activated in JSGME. What do I do now? I'd this in addition to a normal install of SH3C?

arnauld 10-03-17 11:22 AM

Wonderful work,Han.:Kaleun_Applaud:
Have made two little mods, so its now possible to "pseudodock" at supplyships
and to increase the timecompression to maximum by using the "*"-button on the numpad.( I have taken this from the CCOM-supermod by rowi58. Many thanks).
Get it here:https://www.mediafire.com/folder/k4y...dgqa/Documents

Niume 10-03-17 11:37 AM

what does mean pseudodock

HanSolo78 10-03-17 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnauld (Post 2516665)
Wonderful work,Han.:Kaleun_Applaud:
Have made two little mods, so its now possible to "pseudodock" at supplyships
and to increase the timecompression to maximum by using the "*"-button on the numpad.( I have taken this from the CCOM-supermod by rowi58. Many thanks).
Get it here:https://www.mediafire.com/folder/k4y...dgqa/Documents

Great arnauld! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

@ all

Just added a new folder to my mediafire page.
There I also will host user mods like the one from arnauld.

HanSolo78 10-03-17 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3catcircus (Post 2516632)
So - I'm confused in how to use SH3C lite. I've activated in JSGME. What do I do now? I'd this in addition to a normal install of SH3C?

Well... I think the files should be copied to the SH3 Commander directory :03:

gap 10-03-17 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2516669)
what does mean pseudodock

Refitting the boat at sea probably :03:

Fubar2Niner 10-03-17 01:49 PM

Front End quick feed back

Hi Hans
Just a quick update on my findings so far. SH3 Front End seems to work fine until I try using Hsie V16B1 patch. If I enable the patch I get a CTD on loading. without the patch all is fine. :hmmm:

A question if I may.... In Hsies.pdf he refers to a supplement to his patch. I notice that the supplement that you have provided is different to Hsies and also is labeled "WAC5.0 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign"

Does this mean the supplement is not compatible with the Med campaign ?

SH3C works fine, I use an extra JSGME install for commander alone and am able to swap in and out the necessary files for both GWX and WAC. I find this works well.

Any advice with regard to the Hsie patch would be most welcome. Also is Hsie wolf pack instructions applicable to your new supplement ?

Many thanks and kind regards.

Fubar2Niner

Niume 10-03-17 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2516685)
Refitting the boat at sea probably :03:

oh so like in sh 4 you can refit instead of docking?

gap 10-03-17 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2516707)
oh so like in sh 4 you can refit instead of docking?

I think so, but let's wait for a clarification by arnauld or by Hans :03:

ericlea 10-03-17 04:25 PM

h.sie option : U-tanker. you can only pseudo-dock at U-tankers + surface tankers (with arnauld mod)

U-Tanker Mod (by Stiebler and h.sie)
Everyone complains that, when you dock at a U-tanker in mid-ocean, you lose all your
current renown/tonnage for medal purposes, you get a full refuelling, full repairs, full torpedo
load-out and you lose the patrol grid which BdU ordered. And then you start again from the
tanker a month after you docked! (unless using SH3Patrol or SH3Commander). No longer!
Now you 'pseudo-dock' at the U-tanker. When you are close enough, you press ESCAPE,
then 'Exit Patrol', just as if you were planning to dock. However... when you are asked
'Continue mission' or 'Dock at U-463' (for example), you click on 'Continue Mission'!!!
*Now* you get 1-4 air torpedoes (loaded only into the first 4 slots of the fore internal
reserve - so make sure there is space enough!), you retain the patrol grid details, you
receive some repairs to your hull-integrity (but not to equipment) and you receive a fuel
upgrade, of up to 30% of the full capacity. Unlike conventional docking at a base, pseudodocking
is only possible if there is no 'heavy fog' and windspeed must be 10 m/s or less. After
having (pseudo-)docked at an U-Tanker, you can (pseudo-)dock again after 2 weeks. Also,
you can only pseudo-dock at U-tankers, not at surface tankers (e.g. Brake)
, nor at land bases.
You can still choose to dock in the old way, if you wish. If you want this mod to also work
with surface tankers, these must be renamed e.g. from "Brake" into "U-Brake" in the
campaign files.

Progrocker 10-03-17 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanSolo78 (Post 2516451)
Thank you!
Without Atlantic_Baltic campaign there wont be any historical events.... just stock SH3 traffic ;)
But if that is ok for you :Kaleun_Salute:

Oh, i thought that this campaign is only for Baltic events in september 39 against Polish ships. :hmmm:

So there is whole Atlantic theater too?

Progrocker 10-03-17 08:09 PM

@HanSolo78: tried it already with Atlantic_Baltic campaign on, but it keeps constantly crashing even during my movement in Wilhelmshaven. Like its overloaded with too many units and ships. Its nearly unplayable and my PC isnt old - with 16 GB RAM etc... :dead: