SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [TEC] Type XXI Deckgun (Almost there!) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=221910)

York2016 09-13-15 08:47 AM

Type XXI Deckgun (Almost there!)

Hi all,
I've been trying to add Deck Gun(s) to the Type XXI U-boat and I believe that i'm very close to getting it working.

The Deck Guns do appear in-game on Deck(in quick mission) however the crew management screen does not show the Deck gun compartment(only the "box" which the compartment is supposed to appear in) nor the Crew slots to man it. The "requisitions" screen(where you get new equipment and torps for your Sub) in the Captain's Office in the Career mode does not show the Deck Gun either(Only "Light Flak" as usual)

So, they're just huge metal fish right now. I've been able to make it so that the log doesnt say "Deck Gun has been destroyed" ten thousand times(forgot to put 64=24 in the Type XXI's list of compartments) but can anyone help me in adding the Deck Gun crew slots?

I am using LSH 2015.

List of files which i have modified to get this working:
NSS_Uboat21 .sim, .cam, .dat, .eqp
basic.cfg
conning_barracks_15.cfg (Type XXI Conning Tower)

Any help would be appreciated :D
-York

Admiral Halsey 09-23-15 01:10 AM

Honest question here. Why exactly would you want a deck gun on an XXI? Unless you're using the early war XXI mod by the time you get them the deck gun is all but useless since just about every merchant has a deck gun of some kind. Heck normally I get rid of the gun by 44 since removing it makes the U-Boat seem to do a bit better submerged.

York2016 09-23-15 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey (Post 2346508)
Honest question here. Why exactly would you want a deck gun on an XXI? Unless you're using the early war XXI mod by the time you get them the deck gun is all but useless since just about every merchant has a deck gun of some kind. Heck normally I get rid of the gun by 44 since removing it makes the U-Boat seem to do a bit better submerged.

Yeah it is for the Early War XXI mod, i made it so that it automatically removes the Deck Gun by 1944

Admiral Halsey 09-23-15 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by York2016 (Post 2346554)
Yeah it is for the Early War XXI mod, i made it so that it automatically removes the Deck Gun by 1944

Ok that makes much more sense. When i've played with that mod one of the things I wished I had early war is a deck gun so I could save my torps for convoys.(which are really really fun when the destroyer's are early war incompetence and you're in an XXI)

RoflCopter4 09-24-15 05:18 PM

Yeah, it's ridiculously unrealistic, but it's such a giddy glee to send an acoustic torpedo under the heel of a brainless destroyer and watch it break in half before your eyes. Not yet, kameraden.

Then of course you hit every ship in the convoy, which all sink except for those god damned medium cargos, and suddenly wish you had that deck gun after all.

Admiral Halsey 09-25-15 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflCopter4 (Post 2346937)
Yeah, it's ridiculously unrealistic, but it's such a giddy glee to send an acoustic torpedo under the heel of a brainless destroyer and watch it break in half before your eyes. Not yet, kameraden.

Then of course you hit every ship in the convoy, which all sink except for those god damned medium cargos, and suddenly wish you had that deck gun after all.

Don't even get me started on the Medium Cargo's. Those things must be filled with frigging ping pong balls!