SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

fitzcarraldo 02-24-24 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosefLaser (Post 2903103)
Well, the good news first: I got the Museum to load with Onealex without crashes.

The bad news: it takes 7-8 minutes to load the museum lol and I'm on a 10-core 5GHz Intel. GWX 3.0 Gold "vanilla" loads the museum in about a minute. A question: I think I'm biting off more than I can chew with the hardcore aspects of this mod so I'd like to get up to speed with the vanilla game first. Is is possible to transfer One Alex's excellent 1920 X 1080 widescreen gui into vanilla or is it hardcoded into onealex?

Search the Ahnenerbe GUI 1920x1080 here in SUBSIM. That is the GUI you want. Use Tycho Patch to obtain the full navigation map for that resolution.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

D-Jones 02-27-24 12:51 PM

1366x786 Mod--

Just started playing Onealex. It's incredible, actually. One problem I'm having is that the text in game is so TINY at 1920x1080, although that's my laptop's resolution. I tried installing the 1366x786 mod that comes with it for my eyes sake (using JSGME, of course), but that mod seems to disable Onealex. It knocks me back to vanilla. All the other mods seem to work fine.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? On a side note, is there a "Battle Stations" command? I can't find it anywhere. In most mods it's the B key.

Thanks.

fitzcarraldo 02-27-24 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Jones (Post 2904148)
Just started playing Onealex. It's incredible, actually. One problem I'm having is that the text in game is so TINY at 1920x1080, although that's my laptop's resolution. I tried installing the 1366x786 mod that comes with it for my eyes sake (using JSGME, of course), but that mod seems to disable Onealex. It knocks me back to vanilla. All the other mods seem to work fine.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? On a side note, is there a "Battle Stations" command? I can't find it anywhere. In most mods it's the B key.

Thanks.

No Battle Station Command in SH3...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

D-Jones 02-27-24 09:18 PM

No Battle Stations! No! What a gyp (just kidding).

Thanks.

maru 03-06-24 12:16 PM

Ahoy,

Just started playing this mod, and I apologize if this question comes up a lot, but how does one find out the AOB using this version of the RAOBF? The video linked in the manual only shows how to find range and speed.

Doolar 03-06-24 01:34 PM

Re

Hope this helps. Got these links from the OneAlex Discord. By the way the OneAlex Discord is a great resorce for anything OneAlex and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwDOIO9WicU&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32qzSH7LiFo

maru 03-06-24 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doolar (Post 2905105)
Hope this helps. Got these links from the OneAlex Discord. By the way the OneAlex Discord is a great resorce for anything OneAlex and more.

Thank you, the first video you linked is the one I mentioned in my initial post. If I understand it correctly, he puts in 90° AOB at periscope 0° because his course is perpendicular to the target's course. That's one way of doing it. What I'd like to know is how to use the RAOBF disk in the attack periscope view to find the AOB.

I saw in a different video that you have to count the optical length of the target using the tick marks at the bottom of the periscope, but sadly the RAOBF disk layout in that video was different from the one used in this mod.

Aktungbby 03-07-24 08:22 PM

welcome back!

maru!:Kaleun_Salute:...I C the infamous :subsim:7-year-itch strikes again! You're on the surface again since 2017!:arrgh!:

casabianca 03-08-24 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maru (Post 2905117)
Thank you, the first video you linked is the one I mentioned in my initial post. If I understand it correctly, he puts in 90° AOB at periscope 0° because his course is perpendicular to the target's course. That's one way of doing it. What I'd like to know is how to use the RAOBF disk in the attack periscope view to find the AOB.

I saw in a different video that you have to count the optical length of the target using the tick marks at the bottom of the periscope, but sadly the RAOBF disk layout in that video was different from the one used in this mod.

First identify your target then calculate the distance:
- counts the number of vertical lines to the highest point of the target.
- find the corresponding number on the middle disc (bottom numbers) and turn the disc until you have your number at the very top (opposite the 90 on the inner disc)
- reads the distance (middle disk, top numbers) displayed opposite the target height (outer disk) found in the identification book
- count the number of horizontal lines
- on your raobf disk turn the middle disk to match your distance found with the length of the target
- find the number of horizontal lines that you previously observed on the middle disk (bottom numbers) the AOB is the number located opposite on the internal disc

I hope this is clear enough for you

Good hunt :Kaleun_Salute:

maru 03-08-24 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2905271)
maru!:Kaleun_Salute:...I C the infamous :subsim:7-year-itch strikes again! You're on the surface again since 2017!:arrgh!:

Haha, didn't know that was a thing. Funny coincidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by casabianca (Post 2905285)
First identify your target then calculate the distance:
- counts the number of vertical lines to the highest point of the target.
- find the corresponding number on the middle disc (bottom numbers) and turn the disc until you have your number at the very top (opposite the 90 on the inner disc)
- reads the distance (middle disk, top numbers) displayed opposite the target height (outer disk) found in the identification book
- count the number of horizontal lines
- on your raobf disk turn the middle disk to match your distance found with the length of the target
- find the number of horizontal lines that you previously observed on the middle disk (bottom numbers) the AOB is the number located opposite on the internal disc

I hope this is clear enough for you

Good hunt

Merci beaucoup :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:. Perfectly clear, I probably got the rows wrong first time I tried. One more thing, though: I noticed the numbers on the internal disc only go to 90. What do you do when the target has an AOB greater than that? Subtract the number you found from 180?

casabianca 03-10-24 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maru (Post 2905353)
Haha, didn't know that was a thing. Funny coincidence.

Merci beaucoup :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:. Perfectly clear, I probably got the rows wrong first time I tried. One more thing, though: I noticed the numbers on the internal disc only go to 90. What do you do when the target has an AOB greater than that? Subtract the number you found from 180?

Yes exactly, if the target is moving away, your AOB is 180 minus the AOB found with the disc. One more thing, if you use the 1.5x zoom you must multiply the horizontal marks by 4

maru 03-10-24 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casabianca (Post 2905543)
Yes exactly, if the target is moving away, your AOB is 180 minus the AOB found with the disc. One more thing, if you use the 1.5x zoom you must multiply the horizontal marks by 4

Marvellous, thank you very much.

Tom Moore 04-10-24 04:15 PM

Onealex Download

Where can I download the Onealex Mod and installation instructions.

Plissken_04 04-10-24 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Moore (Post 2908813)
Where can I download the Onealex Mod and installation instructions.

https://gofile.me/2YNK2/8StrLa1aF

ikeser 04-22-24 11:52 AM

Is it possible to get the type XXI sometime in 1944?

Hello, this is my first time posting on subsim and I have been using the OneAlex mod for quite a while now. According to the u-boat and equipment chart the type XXI should be available for purchase in early 1944 (I presume april since the GWX manual says so) in the 11th flotilla. However, with this mod and the "realistic u-boat availability dates" option turned off I still do not have the XXI until 1945. Is there something I am missing or is it hard-coded into the mod for realism?

Thank you in advance for a reply.