SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2007 Subsim Almanac: The Book about your website (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=100080)

Onkel Neal 10-26-06 09:29 PM

2007 Subsim Almanac: The Book about your website

Coming this January 2007 Subsim will have been on the web 10 years. Since 1997 Subsim has gone from a small home page to a worldwide community recognized by game developers and mainstream media. To celebrate the community of submarine enthusiasts, game developers, and veterans, we have published a Subsim book.

And now, the time is here...
:yep: :yep: :yep:
Accepting orders for the First Edition, visit the
2007 Subsim Almanac website
to snag your copy. Publication date: Jan 13, 2007.

http://www.subsim.com/almanac/1__alm28.jpg
Many thanks for your support in this exciting--groundbreaking--project.
Now clear a spot for Subsim on your bookshelf, preferably between Silent Victory and Iron Coffins.

Neal
Subsim

Safe-Keeper 10-27-06 03:54 PM

No replies? This forum is weird:-?.

Sailor Steve 10-27-06 04:52 PM

Why reply? I already know all of what the quote says, and some besides. Even if I didn't, it's obviously a teaser and more will come. I have patience. In fact when I was first married my wife would ask me if I minded if she shook her Christmas presents. I said "Sure, go ahead". She asked me if I wanted to shake mine. I always said no.

Like the GWX threads keep saying, it'll be here when it's here...whatever it is.

Onkel Neal 10-27-06 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper
No replies? This forum is weird:-?.

I think they are scratching their heads :)

August 10-28-06 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Why reply? I already know all of what the quote says, and some besides. Even if I didn't, it's obviously a teaser and more will come. I have patience. In fact when I was first married my wife would ask me if I minded if she shook her Christmas presents. I said "Sure, go ahead". She asked me if I wanted to shake mine. I always said no.

I'll bet that irritated her to no end... :D

horsa 10-28-06 07:30 AM

Quote:

No replies? This forum is weird .

Maybe it should have included a reference to Muslims.;)

Try this one.
http://www.uah.edu/woolf/dread.html

Sailor Steve 10-28-06 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August

Well, she's been my ex-wife for 21 years now...

Subnuts 10-28-06 11:34 AM

The Dreadnought? I have not heard of this "Dreadnought!" :dead:

The Avon Lady 10-28-06 01:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

In fact when I was first married my wife would ask me if I minded if she shook her Christmas presents. I said "Sure, go ahead". She asked me if I wanted to shake mine. I always said no.

Especially if it was nitroglycerin. :shifty:

Linton 10-28-06 03:33 PM

I think a lot of people will be saying am I bothered until they see something more concrete.Why all the secrecy anyway?Stand-by to be underwhelmed!!

Dowly 10-28-06 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Avon Lady
Quote:

Quote:

In fact when I was first married my wife would ask me if I minded if she shook her Christmas presents. I said "Sure, go ahead". She asked me if I wanted to shake mine. I always said no.

Especially if it was nitroglycerin. :shifty:

:rotfl::rotfl::up:

Sorry for the off topic. :oops:

Sailor Steve 10-29-06 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
I think what I'm hearing is why bother to have a little fun with it.

I'm certainly curious. I just didn't see a reason to speculate until more facts are in hand...and don't call me "Sherlock".

Onkel Neal 10-30-06 10:56 PM

Can you believe it's almost 2007...? :hmm:

Pioneer 10-31-06 02:29 AM

My immediate thought is a subsim calender.
However....we are stil also waiting on the release of the subsim special book.

bookworm_020 11-02-06 12:27 AM

Does this mean we will be waiting till 2007 to find out what this thread is all about???:hmm:

FIREWALL 11-02-06 10:29 AM

Sounds maybe like some kinda "race" to be something first. I think i'll strech my "arms" .:yep: :D

danlisa 11-02-06 10:56 AM

Quote:

Subsim's 10th anniversary:up:

And you are going to tease us with snippets from a special project which will be released on said anniversary?

lesrae 11-02-06 11:07 AM

I'm thinking Calendar, but I'm usually wrong at guessing games.

Another significant Dreadnought:

http://www.baesystems.com/astute/ima...ges/5hires.jpg

Onkel Neal 11-02-06 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:

Subsim's 10th anniversary:up:

And you are going to tease us with snippets from a special project which will be released on said anniversary?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioneer
However....we are stil also waiting on the release of the subsim special book.

Gentlemen, you know your stuff :yep:

Allow me to leave you with another teaser :
Quote:

"One of the benefits of an interest in WWII is the ability to speak, meet, and/or correspond with people who participated in the events and shaped them, each in his own small way, into what we read about today. One of the men I had the pleasure of meeting on many occasions was Admiral Erich Topp."

Onkel Neal 11-02-06 01:24 PM

and.....

Quote:

"No discussion of submarine silencing would be complete without reference to the parallel development of the powerful BQQ-2 sonar system consisting of a low-frequency passive array(BQR-7) and a bow-mounted, 15-foot-diameter passive-active spherical array(BQS-6). The prototype of this system was installed in the USS TULLIBEE (SSN 597), the first nuclear submarine specifically designed to be the quietest submarine that could be built within the state of the art at that time(1958-1960). The idea first tried on TULLIBEE was to make the bow region as quiet as possible by moving the noisy bow planes to the sail and the torpedo tubes to a midships location below the control room."