SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   U-BOOT_HAHD Official Thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179694)

Hans Witteman 05-12-11 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvadoreno (Post 1662262)
Man this mod just sounds amazing! Cannot wait for it to come out! So good to see modders still hard at work for Sh3!

I just started reading more about the mod and the environments and uboot interiors look great. Great attention to detail and realism. I wanted to know more about the gameplay side of things, are we looking at uber realism? General Realism? Is it going to be more along the lines of NYGM gameplay or GWX or how about WAC?

Hi mate,

Welcome aboard and thank for the good words.

My philosophy regarding gameplay is that i don't want to focus only on uber realism because a lot of people will be left out and i don't want it either to be Hollywood style or arcade, i am aiming at a balanced choice between the 2 or i also consider making 1 version for hardcore player and another one for casual player.

I just start recently to test some damage model to see how thing will turn out.

Also i am not alone in that decision our team will soon have a good discussion on this matter.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman 05-12-11 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Depesz (Post 1662411)
Hi I'm new to the community , just started playing sh3 for the first time in my life. Never thought that this game is so damn good. Playing GWX as base now and few other mods. Just started my first serious campaign, after a long time of studies how to determine speed, range and other stuff manually :). I'm really looking forward to see how HAHD will turn out, it looks just super awesome and I'm giving my full support for this :)

Hi mate,

Welcome aboard and thank for your support.

Starting to play SH3 can become addictive really fast make sure you don't have any girlfriends and stock food for a month call your boss and say you are sick and fired up Sh3 and sink them all:har:

Best regards Hans

urfisch 05-12-11 11:28 AM

any news on the progress yet?

:hmmm:

bojan811 05-12-11 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1662474)
Hi mate,

Welcome aboard and thank for your support.

Starting to play SH3 can become addictive really fast make sure you don't have any girlfriends and stock food for a month call your boss and say you are sick and fired up Sh3 and sink them all:har:

Best regards Hans

Like a words of a prophet....all is true.
Btw can wait for the premiere of mod.

B811

Bakkels 05-12-11 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bojan811 (Post 1662848)
Like a words of a prophet....all is true.
Btw can wait for the premiere of mod.

B811

Now now, there be no prophets here.
For clarification, see the following clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqq3e03EBQ

:haha:

makman94 05-13-11 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvart (Post 1661896)
:o
Didn't see anything new...
Obviously comrade didn't understand indeed...
Read carefully my post...
1) It's SH3, not SH4... different work of the same commands...
2) For the first part...
You proposed the same thing ... only with other parameters and Optical controller is placed in separate file *. cam...
3) For the second part...
My editing of the Command_xx.cfg file, provides the smooth zooming from MinZoom to MaxZoom in SH3...

you get me wrong mate ... i didn't posted it as something 'new'

about:
1) the camera.cam that is in there is working excellent at BOTH sh3 and sh4
2) yea...it is exactly the same thing . i didn't posted it as something 'new' but as something more...'comfort'. believe it or not , there are people here that are unable to make that kind of edits at camera.dat BUT ,on the other hand, everybody can drop the camera.cam in his library folder and have the same result. so....same results with simpler way= better.
3) i know what these edits do and i had my reasons that didn't say a word about it . the mouse wheel is also used for toggling the magnifications at scopes and with these edits at commands you are 'ruinning' the scope's levels . maybe this effect is nice at free camera (and i agree) but it is not acceptable for the scope's levels . if you could find a solution to this issue would be,indeed, a nice addition .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1662124)
Hi shipmates,

Let's welcome Bakkels as our new team mate he will skin ships and probably other stuff after seeing the tutorials.

@reaper can you setup account and password for our new team mate thank in advanced my friend:up:

Our team will benefit from is great graphic skills so let's the party begin

http://www.u-boot-hahd.com/ubootwebs...leun_Party.gif

Best regards Hans

very very nice news !!

wellcome to team Bakkels :yeah:

Anvart 05-13-11 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makman94 (Post 1662920)
yea...it is exactly the same thing ...
the mouse wheel is also used for toggling the magnifications at scopes and with these edits at commands you are 'ruinning' the scope's levels...

... http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4669/hahalz9.gif
Standard: For step-switching of zoom use "Tab" key...
Additional: For smooth zooming use "Ctrl + M.Wheel"...
Quote:

... very very nice...
I see the guy still does not understands...?
... or he badly knows features of SH3...?
... and so he is trying to impose his view about the game... his arguments are completely meaningless.
... but i don't think he's such obtuse ... therefore what is it? yes, vulgar ambition and ill-will toward me... :woot:

P.S.
Hans, sorry for reply (offtopic) to unfriendly guy.
End of discussion.

bojan811 05-13-11 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakkels (Post 1662863)
Now now, there be no prophets here.
For clarification, see the following clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqq3e03EBQ

OMG!!!:har::har:
Where did you find this...
You don`t need to follow anybody...:haha:
Yeah!!! (altogether).
You are all individuals!
Yeah!!!(altogether).

This is awesome mate.

Best Reg B811

Bakkels 05-13-11 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makman94 (Post 1662920)
very very nice news !!

wellcome to team Bakkels :yeah:

Thanks Makman! :D I'm busy watching the tutorials now. They're very interesting. Can't wait to get cracking on those ships!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bojan811 (Post 1663020)
OMG!!!:har::har:
Where did you find this...
You don`t need to follow anybody...:haha:
Yeah!!! (altogether).
You are all individuals!
Yeah!!!(altogether).

This is awesome mate.

Best Reg B811

It's from Monty Python's "The Life of Brian". A true must-see. IMO the best comedy ever to appear on screen. Go watch it now!!! :D

reaper7 05-13-11 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakkels (Post 1663100)
Thanks Makman! :D I'm busy watching the tutorials now. They're very interesting. Can't wait to get cracking on those ships!

There very well made, you'll be creating masterpieces in no time :up:
There are a couple more UV unwrap Tutorials that are not in the FTP site but are in the Dropbox folder.
These still need to be uploaded to FTP ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakkels (Post 1663100)

It's from Monty Python's "The Life of Brian". A true must-see. IMO the best comedy ever to appear on screen. Go watch it now!!! :D

Yes an all time classic :yeah:

Schwieger 05-14-11 02:12 AM

How'd Friday the 13th go over with U-Boot_HAHD team? :ping:

reaper7 05-14-11 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwieger (Post 1663588)
How'd Friday the 13th go over with U-Boot_HAHD team? :ping:

Ah that it explains it, Just lost all my work for my SH5 User Interface I was working on (Lost the last 4 weeks worth).
Clicked the wrong button in JGSME and it removed all my files and overwrote them with the originals :wah:

Bloody Friday the 13TH claims another victim :cry:

Wolfstriked 05-14-11 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1663636)
Ah that it explains it, Just lost all my work for my SH5 User Interface I was working on (Lost the last 4 weeks worth).
Clicked the wrong button in JGSME and it removed all my files and overwrote them with the originals :wah:

Man that sucks....been there so I can relate Reaper,sorry dude.I say stick with HAHD for now as it seems to have less bad luck.:up:

Maybe this talking dog video might cheer you up which reminds me of how silly dogs are.I had a dog once who started to blow the nastiest farts EVER and who himself knew how bad they were.At first he would try to walk away from the area like all us humans would.Over time he realized it was his own butt that was the culprit.He then started to chase his own butt around barking like crazy at it everytime he farted.:rotfl2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=nGeKSiCQkPw

makman94 05-14-11 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1663143)
There very well made, you'll be creating masterpieces in no time :up:
There are a couple more UV unwrap Tutorials that are not in the FTP site but are in the Dropbox folder.
These still need to be uploaded to FTP ;)

plus that Hans has upload 'tones' of usefull stuf as ship's references ,wood-metal-scratches-rust textures ...etc !!!

yes ....guys when i am done with the gui ...i want to 'take' the NOTM T2 (T2 tanker) and try to improve it ! this ship was always one of the ships i like most !

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1663636)

thats very bad news John ! i am not guru at pcs but did you try to undo your pc at a previous save point ?? maybe will do the tric ...don't know

reaper7 05-14-11 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makman94 (Post 1663865)
plus that Hans has upload 'tones' of usefull stuf as ship's references ,wood-metal-scratches-rust textures ...etc !!!

yes ....guys when i am done with the gui ...i want to 'take' the NOTM T2 (T2 tanker) and try to improve it ! this ship was always one of the ships i like most !

Shes all your mate, look forward to seeing her sailing the 7 seas :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by makman94 (Post 1663865)
thats very bad news John ! i am not guru at pcs but did you try to undo your pc at a previous save point ?? maybe will do the tric ...don't know

Tried everything even Harddrive recovery software. But JGSME wroth over my files with the originals and alas there gone.