SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NYGM 3 Super-mod (Current: 3.6 F, January 13th 2015) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231)

Sub187 04-30-18 05:44 PM

Just started playing NYGM and i was wondering:

1) What is the range of the hydrophones? According to sensors.dat it is 20km, which only makes it a tad better than the 16km watch crew, no?

2) At the Navigation Station, there is a map showing the air coverage and convoy routes during WWII Is that a cheat sheet or were the captains actually aware of those?

3) What is the highest TC recommended, without missing a ship and/or glitches to occur?

And Stiebler, thanks for your work on this mod and your general info about the U-boot krieg. This forum is a treasure trove of information about it. :subsim:

Obltn Strand 05-01-18 12:04 AM

1)I think it's 20km...longer with convoys...
2) I don't think so...besides germans where actually very well informed of allied convoy routes.
3)×256 max

BigWalleye 05-01-18 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub187 (Post 2551485)
Just started playing NYGM and i was wondering:

2) At the Navigation Station, there is a map showing the air coverage and convoy routes during WWII Is that a cheat sheet or were the captains actually aware of those?

Whether it's a cheat or not is up to you - it's your game. But seeing "Allied Air Coverage -1943" when game time is October 1939 is a serious immersion-breaker for me. YMMV.

Sub187 05-17-18 02:21 PM

Thanks for the answers so far, they’ve really helped. I have a couple more though:

1. How do ships spawn?

For example, I’m thinking about getting a type IX and going to the East coast of the US/Gulf of Mexico.

Will I encouter ships and convoys, or will I be outside of the spawn points zone?

2. Where can I find out how many depth charges ships have?

EDIT: And also, why the difference between “Merchant tonnage ” and “patrol tonnage”: https://imgur.com/a/WwD2mCf

Aktungbby 05-21-18 09:42 AM

welcome aboard!

Sub187!:Kaleun_Salute:

TorpedomanDan 06-09-18 09:00 PM

Unable to patch SH3.exe with H.sie patch

Hey Gentlemen:

I've got a little problem. I'm setting up NYGM Tonnage War with all of the different parts. I'm trying to patch my SH3.exe with the H.sie v1.6B1 patch. I'm using an original copy of SH3.exe but every time I try to install the patch, it tells me it can't find an original SH3.exe file. Both are in the same folder. I used the 4GB patch on my SH3.exe file before attempting H.sie's patch. Is that the reason the patch is failing to work? Should I start with an SH3.exe file that does not have the 4GB patch. Before I saved my vanilla copy of SH3 I patched it with the 4GB patch. Trying to save some work.

Thanks,
TorpedomanDan

schlechter pfennig 06-09-18 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorpedomanDan (Post 2556768)
I used the 4GB patch on my SH3.exe file before attempting H.sie's patch. Is that the reason the patch is failing to work?

Yup, that's the problem. The SH3.exe has to be completely unmodified in any respect, including the 4GB patch.

TorpedomanDan 06-09-18 11:37 PM

H.sie patch

Thanks a million. I thought that might be the problem. I'll just start from scratch again.

TorpedomanDan

Fifi 07-26-18 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig (Post 2556770)
Yup, that's the problem. The SH3.exe has to be completely unmodified in any respect, including the 4GB patch.

I have same trouble with GWX...
does it mean you can’t use the 4GB patch after installing H.sie exe patch?

Édit: forget about it, it’s already included in H.sie patch ... sorry

caodwolf 08-03-18 09:02 AM

Ship Recognition Manual

Hello- I reinstalled SH III after several years of inactivity and giving NYGM Tonnage war mod a go. I installed all the required files and a few optional. Installation was smooth but I noticed in the ship recognition manual there are many blank pages. To get to the merchant ship section I have to click by 15-20 blank pages. Ships labeled Ao1A, AO02A, TO1a etc... are blank. Even the Hospital Ship page is blank. I removed the IBL Shipsfor NYGM mod thinking this was the problem but I have the same.

Any thoughts as to what is causing this.

Thank you

Dave T

UPDATE:

p.s. Removing the MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM mod corrects this issue....

caodwolf 08-13-18 08:36 AM

Recognition Manual - Mission Angle on Bow

Into my 2nd patrol and NYGM is performing nicely. One stickler is with the Recognition Manual; there a few tankers, cargo and merchant ships which do not have the visual angle of the bow views. This section is just blank. I've searched the forums with no luck.

Is this by design ? I'm thinking of reinstalling everything but that is alot of work and the sim is running smoothly.

Thanks

Dave

hauangua 08-13-18 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caodwolf (Post 2564842)
Into my 2nd patrol and NYGM is performing nicely. One stickler is with the Recognition Manual; there a few tankers, cargo and merchant ships which do not have the visual angle of the bow views. This section is just blank. I've searched the forums with no luck.

Is this by design ? I'm thinking of reinstalling everything but that is alot of work and the sim is running smoothly.

Thanks

Dave

Hi caodwolf
Which your jsgme mod list?

ThePrody 08-13-18 08:53 AM

yes, not all ships have the complete angle views, maybe they are imported from the IABL mod like this, i dont know .

hauangua 08-13-18 09:00 AM

Error. Delete this
Thanks

Lanzfeld 09-30-18 11:59 AM

This was my favorite SH-3 Mod when I stop playing awhile time ago,

Stiebler......

Since I really like your style..... what do you play nowadays? Do you Prefer LSH?