SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NYGM 3 Super-mod (Current: 3.6 F, January 13th 2015) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231)

ridley 05-13-17 04:02 PM

I have installed NYGM but I get CTD when I install the Hires or WYGM mods.

Also how do I install the Stiebler mods, I seem to have more than one.

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x...yrumpus/js.jpg

Stiebler 05-14-17 04:39 AM

@Ridley:

Sorry you have problems with the NYGM installation.
Can you clarify that the list of mods that you have installed already is playable? If not, remove mods one at a time from your installed list, until you do have a payable game. Then report what fails to function

To answer your other query (installation of Stiebler mod):
You must not install any of the Stiebler mods (except those that bear the name 'envsim' as part of the title) until you have first installed the H.sie hard-code patch. Test this and make sure that it is functioning before you do anything else. Then install the Stiebler hard-code4C patch - full instructions included.

Summary:
a) Remove all installed mods back to NYGM2017A (leave this and preceding mods from your list in place). Test all functions in a quick patrol.
b) Now install the H.sie hard-code patch (if you wish, following the instructions to modify the SH3.exe file and other SH3 files). Test another patrol.
c) Now install the Stiebler hard-code patch (if you wish, following the instructions to modify the SH3.exe file you made with H.sie's patch - save a back-up of H.sie's patched SH3.exe first. Then modify the other SH3 files according to the Stiebler4C instructions.) Test another patrol.
d) You may or may not have installed hard-code patches (2) and (3), as you prefer. In either case, install the other mods one at a time, testing with a single patrol. Then we will know where your problem lies.

What ever path you take, please note the following:
1. You do not need mods Stiebler_EnvSim AND Envsim10.act. Version 10 has replaced Stiebler_EnvSim, but note that are TWO versions 10: one without the H.sie patch already present, one for the H.sie patch installed, See the documentation.
2. You must choose whether you want the NYGM merchant-ships mod (carefully tested with NYGM) OR the full IABL merchant ships mod.Note that MFM_Interim_Beta_NYGM is an OVERLAY for IABL's MFM_Interim_Beta merchants ship mod, it is not a mod by itself. That is the MFM_Interim_Beta_NYGM mod adapts IABL's original merchant ship mod to make it compatible with NYGM. You must download IABL's mod elsewhere.
3. The Anvart_Stiebler_Turms mod functions ONLY if the Stiebler hard-code patch is already present.
4. The Stiebler4C Additional files and Addons folders must be used according to the instructions for adding the Stiebler4C hard-code patch, and should be installed just as you find them (see the instructions with the 4C hard-code patch).
5. The SH3Commander patch is to patch J Scones' SH3Commander for NYGM, and not NYGM or SH3.exe. It should not appear in your mods list at all.

Stiebler.

Hampus 05-29-17 01:26 AM

The mod wont work

It should be installed correctly but when i load it it loads just as expected but when i start a career or single mission it goes loads a bit then it just stops and crashes i werent able to install it ona completly fresh SH3 As i dont know how to revert to a fresh one if anyone is able to help me whit this its aprichiated

hauangua 05-29-17 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hampus (Post 2487223)
It should be installed correctly but when i load it it loads just as expected but when i start a career or single mission it goes loads a bit then it just stops and crashes i werent able to install it ona completly fresh SH3 As i dont know how to revert to a fresh one if anyone is able to help me whit this its aprichiated

Hi Hampus
Can you post your jsgme mod list?

Aktungbby 05-29-17 03:13 AM

welcome aboard firsttime poster!

Hampus!:Kaleun_Salute:

Weisia 08-20-17 07:10 AM

page not found

after a very long break, I am ready to hunt some more ships with NYGM ofcourse. But when trying to get to the download page of the most recent version, it seems the link is broken. Does anyone have a valid link or another source for NYGM 3.6? Thank you:Kaleun_Salute:

gatordad 08-20-17 05:58 PM

I am also looking for the base NYGM v3 and latest update (3.6 or later). All links so far are dead in the water.

Thanks from an old squid getting back into SH3.

Kendras 08-21-17 02:45 AM

Try there : ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/NYGM%20-%20Not%20Your%20GrandMother's%20Mod/

User = Maik
Password = Woelfe

:salute:

Weisia 08-23-17 01:58 AM

Thank you, downloading right now! Just to be sure about the right order of install (last time I played SH3 I remember NYGM 2.5 to be the latest version): does NYGM_New replace NYGM? And what is the difference between NYGM_2017 and NYGM_2017A?

Kendras 08-23-17 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weisia (Post 2508249)
Thank you, downloading right now! Just to be sure about the right order of install (last time I played SH3 I remember NYGM 2.5 to be the latest version): does NYGM_New replace NYGM? And what is the difference between NYGM_2017 and NYGM_2017A?

NYGM is probably the most difficult mod to install. Read carefully all the Readme files. As a basic rule, always read Readme files before installing a mod, especially a supermod...

J0313 08-30-17 07:04 PM

Need's fixin.

The main download site isn't working. This needs to be addressed. It has the order in which things are suppose to be installed.

Stiebler 08-31-17 05:22 AM

Quote:

The main download site isn't working. This needs to be addressed. It has the order in which things are suppose to be installed.
The index page had been deleted somehow (perhaps by me accidentally...).
However, there was a duplicate on the web-site, and I had a duplicate on my computer too.

So all is working again.
Apologies to all who had tried and failed to access the NYGM web-site.

Stiebler.

Obltn Strand 08-31-17 11:18 AM

That pic was cool :D

J0313 08-31-17 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 2509740)
The index page had been deleted somehow (perhaps by me accidentally...).
However, there was a duplicate on the web-site, and I had a duplicate on my computer too.

So all is working again.
Apologies to all who had tried and failed to access the NYGM web-site.

Stiebler.

Thank you Stiebler.

3catcircus 10-10-17 02:09 PM

Stiebler4C_SubsFlag

With latest version of NYGM, is Stiebler4C_SubsFlag still required? If so, where can I find it?