SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   U-BOOT_HAHD Official Thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179694)

Kpt. Lehmann 05-06-11 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1658305)
Hi shipmates,

What i fear the most is starting to happen my old rig is starting to fall apart...

Hi Hans.
Speaking from experience, and for your own sanity... make sure you back-up your work on an external device. In many ways, the work itself is more valuable than the computer.

During the construction of GWX, my old PC died. The poor thing was thrashed to death from exhaustion I think. Unfortunately, it seems to be a "cost of doing business" if you know what I mean. It did cost me a great deal to replace that PC... but some important data I lost... was MUCH HARDER to replace.

Hang in there.:arrgh!:

reaper7 05-06-11 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Witteman (Post 1658305)
Hi shipmates,

What i fear the most is starting to happen my old rig is starting to fall apart, this morning i start to have vertical banding on my LCD screen and it seem to get worst by the hour.

Until now i am able to work but i don't know for how long and unfortunately i am not in a position to get a new one anytime soon.

If it come to an unworkable state i will notice you via my son computer.

You can still managed to continue your work without me with the tutorials and when my conditions will improve i will buy a new one.

So far i can still used it i just don't know for how long.

Best regards Hans

Oh no, thats terrible Hans :wah: If you were only close by I could give you one :-?

mkIpetrucci 05-06-11 03:35 PM

Just in case there are any members here that failed due to various reasons to comprehend the importance, the scale and the proportions of this magnificent project, please just notice a fact: Kpt. Lehmann, the "father" of GWX, the best (in my opinion) to date SH III megamod has posted a message here.

For me at least, this is one of the best possible signs that this project is and it will be supported by many important modders around here.

Any help given to the HAHD team will be appreciated and I am sure that the team is still opened to dedicated active potential members.

Fubar2Niner 05-06-11 04:03 PM

@mkIpetrucci

Well pointed out shipmate, any help asked for, will be, as far as I'm concerned given, as best I can.

@Hans

From an old friend, the Kapt. offers excellent advice, tho I'm sure you already know this.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Myxale 05-06-11 04:20 PM

Keep beating this dying horse my friend, till you reach safety (aka back-up). Then shoot it!:88)

Hans Witteman 05-06-11 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann (Post 1658311)
Hi Hans.
Speaking from experience, and for your own sanity... make sure you back-up your work on an external device. In many ways, the work itself is more valuable than the computer.

During the construction of GWX, my old PC died. The poor thing was thrashed to death from exhaustion I think. Unfortunately, it seems to be a "cost of doing business" if you know what I mean. It did cost me a great deal to replace that PC... but some important data I lost... was MUCH HARDER to replace.

Hang in there.:arrgh!:

Hi Kpt Lehmann,

Thank for the advice but fortunately i have a triple backup:up:

So far the bars are not getting worst maybe i will be able to work with it for awhile but i don't believe in miracles.

After 3 years of loyal services i can't say a word because i intensively use it and it reach is end of the line.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman 05-06-11 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makman94 (Post 1658120)
guys...i think that you don't read carefully my post !

i said that it WILL BE decided on which supermond will be released as an add-on ....i didn't said that it is allready decided !!(maybe i must have written that stock is ,also , an option...my bad !)

@Hans : i said that at this state the mod can't be released as a stand alone supermod for many reasons that will be discussed at the 'meeting' . if ,after meeting, your statement is still to go for a stand alone supermod then...ok i agree with you!you are the 'teacher' and the leader ...i will follow you but need to discuss some things first before saying 'officially' that you go for a stand alone supermod!needless to say that you know that you have my deepest respects to your efforts!

i didn't said that it will remain like this(...meaning as an add-on,,,i can 'see' allready the work that is putted on this mod...i saw fletcher ingame...wow..and i can understand that the amount of work is allready unbelievable !no doubt about this)...if you look a little lower at my post you will read that sooner or later it will become a stand alone supermod .

ps: and exactly like the ps at my previous post...i am saying again that these(at my previous post) were my PERSONAL statements and not team's ! if team decides to go for a stand alone supermod ....i will respect that !

ps2: @Hans: i think that allready this 'publicity' is enough ! if you have something to tell me ...do it via pms . there are things that must be discussed and ,of course, the last words and the final decision will be always yours

Hi mate,

I think that is simply a matter of language barrier and we don't understand correctly because we deform English.

But i get the point and i understand what you mean so don't worry we will fix everything and everyone will be happy with the choice made:up:

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman 05-06-11 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvart (Post 1658373)
Have, Hans... have...
therefore and worried, that i not will see finished work... may be... :wah:

Hi mate,

Don't worry my friend it will be finish even if i have to put 10 bucks aside in 25 week i will have enough to get another lcd:salute:

Best regards Hans

Madox58 05-06-11 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkIpetrucci (Post 1658425)
Just in case there are any members here that failed due to various reasons to comprehend the importance, the scale and the proportions of this magnificent project, please just notice a fact: Kpt. Lehmann, the "father" of GWX, the best (in my opinion) to date SH III megamod has posted a message here.

For me at least, this is one of the best possible signs that this project is and it will be supported by many important modders around here.

Any help given to the HAHD team will be appreciated and I am sure that the team is still opened to dedicated active potential members.

Rest assured that many do lend a hand when needed.
:03:

Hans Witteman 05-06-11 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner (Post 1658450)
@mkIpetrucci

Well pointed out shipmate, any help asked for, will be, as far as I'm concerned given, as best I can.

@Hans

From an old friend, the Kapt. offers excellent advice, tho I'm sure you already know this.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Hi mate,

As long as it doesn't get worst i can still work with it even if the bars are annoying like hell.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman 05-06-11 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkIpetrucci (Post 1658425)

Hi mate,

Thank for your support you are a true friend:salute:

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman 05-06-11 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1658570)
Rest assured that many do lend a hand when needed.
:03:

Hi mate,

As long as i can see what i am doing i will push this lcd to glory:O:

Best regards Hans

reaper7 05-06-11 07:48 PM

Got some WIP pics (Ship HAHD retexture) up in the Team Dropbox Hans :- U-Boot_HAHD\Model and Texture\Reaper7\NF_boat_1, if ya wanna check them out see if I'm getting it right ;)
Any suggestions welcome, also can you reupload the 3d model addons you made - I can't find them on the FTP :up:

Cheers Mate :arrgh!:

Hans Witteman 05-07-11 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1658593)
Got some WIP pics (Ship HAHD retexture) up in the Team Dropbox Hans :- U-Boot_HAHD\Model and Texture\Reaper7\NF_boat_1, if ya wanna check them out see if I'm getting it right ;)
Any suggestions welcome, also can you reupload the 3d model addons you made - I can't find them on the FTP :up:

Cheers Mate :arrgh!:

Hi mate,

Nice work on that ship surely got the HAHD look keep up the good work and i have upload A zip call Ship_3D_parts in the texture&template folder it included the 3d model plus related texture feel free to modify it as you wish:salute:

I am going back finishing the interior before my system implode:up:

Best regards Hans

Schwieger 05-07-11 12:02 PM

Are there any plans for any update videos Hans?
http://www.u-boot-hahd.com/ubootwebs..._Binocular.gif
:yep: