SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mod Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Index of Stickied topics + RA Mod Discussion here (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145517)

dd149 02-25-14 04:26 AM

It is released:D

x_Ringo_x 02-27-14 07:05 AM

Time to release

Do u have a link to dwx 1.38

I found it sorry for the inconvienece

v1ruk 02-28-14 01:43 PM

Just got into this game, but am loving the RA mod.

Wanted to try out LWAMI, and Alpha Tau out, but so far have been enjoying RA too much.

The only thing I'm not enjoying are the download times on the mod.

Anyone else use torrents/magnets in here? The RA mod could be shared as a torrent, my connection alone would provide the 70kb/s I got from the RA homepage. I've been trying to register an account over at redroger to suggest this but it's impossible, that site has a terrible registration procedure.

So if others use it, I'll slap it up on a tracker somewhere. It really should be done with all of these mods. As filefront and fileplanet and the rest of the game file sharing sites go down, making torrents would keep all these files available.

Also it would take a ton of strain off this sites bandwidth.

Just in case the moderator is about to blow a gasket. I saw your policy on "illegal" piracy, and "illegal" sites. The method I'm proposing of sharing mods is a completely LEGAL file distribution system though, that has been used by game companies to distribute patches on the cheap, as it saves server costs and self propagates. I would like to hear your theories on what constitutes an illegal site though, and I can avoid posting links to that site on here.

Or ya know, enjoy blowing cash on bandwidth fees for no reason. After all, wasting cash for no reason is the military thing to do.

Aktungbby 03-15-14 05:30 PM

welcome aboard

v1ruk, on your first post!!:salute:

Jimbuna 03-16-14 05:35 AM

Welcome to SubSim v1ruk :sunny:

Akula 04-29-14 03:17 AM

Wow, amazing

I only recently bought Dangerous Waters after having owned Sub Command for years now.

I have to say so far that the RA mod is amazing.

One trivial question, is there any better model for the Ohio class SSBN? Compared to the beautiful Typhoon model it looks pale in comparison.

Oh and is there an English Readme or manual for the Mod?

Thanks,
G

smolfri 05-11-14 12:18 AM

Welcome to the fleet v1ruk:salute:

smolfri 05-12-14 12:44 AM

Download RA last night and took it for a spin. I have to say that it makes the game much more playable. With all the added controllable platforms, new sound effects, weapons, fixes to the mission editor and much much more. It truly brings a second life too dangerous waters in my eyes.

cemtufekci 05-19-14 11:29 AM

It is stated in the RA manual that floor:32555 setting puts mk 50 torpedo to straight run. But thats not the case in my situation. Am i missing something?

Polak2 05-28-14 09:53 AM

I have not yet installed RA, but from what I have seen at their web page it appears to me that they are the only remaining actively improving DW group around. Is this correct, or my perception is rather not right here?

It seems also that perhaps because as it appears they are mainly Russian speaking fellows detailed and more frequent communication and exchanges of information here at Subsim.com is little impeded and basically not happening.

To make this story more to the point I was wondering if they (or out there anyone else) would be willing to accept more cooperation from others gathered around subsim, but none less still interested in modding or/and improving (no matter to how minor or major degree) Dangerous Waters. All with the goal to preserve and reinvigorate interest of others newer members of this modern naval genre.

Being moderately actively involved in similar activities with Falcon BMS, I clearly see quite significant potential of older, but design wise solid and deep simulations can still attract and re attract newer and sometime younger members, who otherwise will be at the peril of totally missing those pure classics of computer simulations. And all by making even small, yet sometimes very exciting and satisfying modifications to the core of the older game which in many many cases was purposely curtailed and stopped short of attaining its full potential for commercial and purely financial reasons.

I sincerely hope that despite the fact that English too for me is not my native thing, I made made point here clearly enough to cause positive reaction and perhaps continuance of this subject in more details. What do you think? Thank you.

TorpedoMo 06-22-14 01:06 PM

RA installation trouble

Hello all!

Just tried to give my DW some life back and installed the ne RA version. Unfortunately, i get an error message in the loading screen:

Error 13018 occured in game-database

Can anyone give some advice here?

I'm glad for help!

Thanks!

Pisces 06-27-14 04:40 PM

It's an old one it seems:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=105518

In short. Try again with a clean install. Some patch or mod got messed up.

alfagolf 07-12-14 03:32 AM

Great MOD!!!

http://ra-dwx.narod.ru/

Dobbin0514 07-20-14 08:27 PM

RA-great works

I played RA for long time. it's great in my opinion, but I'd like to find more munals about this mod, not just a changelog. :)

marksil1 07-23-14 08:33 PM

Having a strange problem. I got DW through Steam and have a clean install of 1.04. (Ordered the CD version from Amazon but it wouldn't install--asked for a second non-existent disc). For some reason Steam does not create a Sonalyst/DW folder. It just installs it directly into C:\windows. I tried extracting the 7z for RA 1.38 into that folder. It creates the .bat file and the OPFOR folder. However, when I try to run the .bat file it goes okay for a while and then I start getting cmpUTIL.exe errors. It will not let me successfully abort/retry when that happens so I have to exit out of the install. That seems to be preventing the RA mod from installing and running.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can overcome this for a Steam installlation of DW? Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark