SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   WE'RE SO DEAD! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237386)

Aktungbby 05-11-24 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Wallace (Post 2911910)
That's really not a good way to talk of Aktung. It's certainly not his fault whatsoever that he is from the land of misfit toys. :haha::k_rofl:

...in this case, 'the land of misfit boy toys':o...my personal transgender issues notwithstanding?!! I was disappointed not to see any aurora borealis last night though, compared to a major event I witnessed in '69 while leading a 10 day YMCA camp youngsters' canoe trip in the heart of the Quetico-Superior Wilderness of northern Minnesota; what a light show in a sky w/o any artificial man-made light!:timeout:

ET2SN 05-11-24 01:00 PM

Yeah, I had high hopes but also got skunked.
:Kaleun_Mad:

We had this annoying "high haze" thing going on where it looked clear but you could only see a couple of planets. :nope: I bailed by 2 AM.

I saw some killer auroras over (really) northern Maine back in the late 1970's.
Late one night and standing in the middle of a snowy field, I saw this incredible "spike" in light blue that looked like it was pointed right at me. It was as if God was giving me the finger and pointing at me at the same time. :arrgh!:

ET2SN 05-11-24 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Wallace (Post 2911910)
That's really not a good way to talk of Aktung.

I have it on good authority that he poots dust. :yep:

August 05-11-24 02:20 PM

Cloudy last night and looks to be cloudy tonight as well. Ce la vie.

Eichhörnchen 05-13-24 05:06 PM

We managed to see bugger-all :hmmm:

mapuc 05-15-24 12:00 PM

Quote:

It was measured as an X8.7 flare, significantly stronger than the ones emitted last week. The light released by the event was so energetic, released in the extreme ultraviolet, that it ionized the top of the atmosphere. This in turn caused a radio blackout over the Americas, which would affect planes and ships that rely on signals below 30 MHz.
https://www.iflscience.com/biggest-s...lackouts-74228

Markus

Oubaas 05-16-24 08:47 AM

We'll all be covered in sores, losing teeth and clumps of hair, and projectile vomiting over and over again long before any of this stuff affects us.

But don't worry, it won't last terribly long.

:dead:

Aktungbby 05-16-24 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oubaas (Post 2912227)
We'll all be covered in sores, losing teeth and clumps of hair, and projectile vomiting over and over again long before any of this stuff affects us.

But don't worry, it won't last terribly long.

:dead:

... nonsense! I've been losing teeth, clumps of hair, covered in sores and 'projecting' from either end for decades ! My only ambition is to outlive Rockstar, Reece and Jeff Groves??! With MIT projecting civilization's end by 2040; I'll endure another 16 miserable years??! :haha: :shucks::timeout::oops:

JU_88 05-17-24 02:51 AM

Are we dead yet?

Aktungbby 05-17-24 10:19 AM

...now that some theorists have theorized that the universe might be 'just a simulationas some observed cosmic events do not follow the immutable rules of entropic physics, the real question is : are we really alive to begin with??!:()1::hmmm: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-a-simulation/
Quote:

So, there you have it. The simplest explanation for the existence of consciousness is that it is an experience being created, by our bodies, but not for us. We are qualia-generating machines. Like characters in Grand Theft Auto, we exist to create integrated audiovisual outputs. Also, as with characters in Grand Theft Auto, our product mostly likely is for the benefit of someone experiencing our lives through us.
What are the implications of this monumental find? Well, first of all we can’t question Elon Musk again. Ever. Secondly, we must not forget what the simulation hypothesis really is. It is the ultimate conspiracy theory. The mother of all conspiracy theories, the one that says that everything, with the exception of nothing, is fake and a conspiracy designed to fool our senses. All our worst fears about powerful forces at play controlling our lives unbeknownst to us, have now come true. And yet this absolute powerlessness, this perfect deceit offers us no way out in its reveal. All we can do is come to terms with the reality of the simulation and make of it what we can.
Here, on earth. In this "life".

mapuc 05-17-24 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2912310)
...now that some theorists have theorized that the universe might be 'just a [B]simulation[/B']as some observed cosmic events do not follow the immutable rules of entropic physics, the real question is : are we really alive to begin with??!:()1::hmmm:

....or do we live in a matrix ?

Markus

Oubaas 05-17-24 07:18 PM

"It's all a dream we dreamed one afternoon, long ago."

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Sean C 05-17-24 08:03 PM

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather."

-Bill Hicks

JU_88 05-18-24 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean C (Post 2912362)
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather."

-Bill Hicks

And the desciples did runneth screaming 'what a big ****in' lizzard lord'

-Also Bill Hicks :D

Aktungbby 05-18-24 11:54 AM

From todays WSJ review

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean C
all energy is merely matter. condensed to slow vibration...

Sebastian Junger:
Quote:

Everyone has a relationship with death, whether we want one or not. When we learn of another's passing, the pity we feel is rooted in the hope that that particular cause will not befall us. It's a helpful illusion. Dying is the most ordinary thing you will ever do. You will go from a a living conscious being to dust. Nothing in life prepares you for this. It has its own timetable and so requires neither courage nor willingness though both help enormously.
Einstein once postulated: "time is an illusion"...'twixt the sun expanding into a red giant, consuming earth or the Milky Way ultimately colliding with the Andromeda Galaxy, I'll slowly vibrate my particular matter' to its conclusion and enjoy the ride whilst it lasts!??:haha: