SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   DW Mod Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Index of Stickied topics + RA Mod Discussion here (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145517)

oscar19681 02-25-09 10:15 AM

flt 1 is good enough for me.

Dr. Evil 02-25-09 08:41 PM

I trust we're aware of the ctd when the Tu-142 is loaded in a quick mission in anti-surface mode...

oscar19681 02-26-09 09:32 AM

can anyone confirm some work is done on the dsrv? Also does the 688 Flt I have movable dive planes on the conning tower? And are the torpedo doors animated?

falconsix 02-27-09 01:14 AM

I have converted the mod for the german version, and it works fine, but:

-did the Tigerfish Torpedo didnt work on your version, too?
-could you designate an target in the passive broadband sphere - sonar on the 688 FLT1?

In my opinion, the mod is very great! But this bugs a very important for me, not so much like working torpedo tubes. And as far as i know, the Ohio SSBN hastn an active sonar, only on high frequency.

greetings
F6

oscar19681 02-27-09 06:45 AM

I get a ctd after i launch the game with the mod. Any suggestions?

Weiss Pinguin 02-27-09 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falconsix
I have converted the mod for the german version, and it works fine, but:

-did the Tigerfish Torpedo didnt work on your version, too?
-could you designate an target in the passive broadband sphere - sonar on the 688 FLT1?

1) Tigerfish work for me, but
2) I also can't designate targets on the spherical sonar on the 688 Flight I. I don't usually drive the 688 very much (Playing with the new Russian subs is so much fun lol), so I only noticed it the other day.

oscar19681 02-27-09 02:37 PM

Ok i installed it but flight 1 688i is nowhere to be found. I can only take the flight 3 . All the other added subs are playable . Did i miss something? I installed all 10 ra zip files. Did i have to take the the dwx file as well? Also external sounds are missing for all units same goes for the sonar no sound and yes the switch is turned on.

falconsix 02-27-09 03:01 PM

The package includes an update, wich contents some new units like the Typhoon Class and i think the Los Angeles Flt 1.

oscar19681 02-27-09 03:44 PM

well downloaded everything and installed as well no typhoon no la flt 1. Also no sound on sonar.

LoBlo 02-27-09 09:08 PM

Here's an idea. How about remapping one of the OHPerry's torpedo tubes on the GUI to launch ASROCs instead of torpedoes? The Bearing, RTE, etc could still be the same interface, but firing will launch as asroc instead of a torp. Could it be done?

PeriscopeDepth 02-28-09 03:11 AM

I'm glad to see the RA team is planning on modeling the new ChiCom SSN. The PLAN is probably the most neglected (and one of the most important) naval force in the database.

PD

LoBlo 02-28-09 09:25 AM

Another question: What is the RA team planning to do with UUVs? Personally I would like to see the range extended x 3 and turned into a active sonar only platform. :yep:

oscar19681 02-28-09 02:54 PM

ok got it up and running now . This mod is groundbreaking! Just as i though this game was dead for me because of the lack of mods like this. Just wondering the dsrv launches but doesnt hook up to others sub for rescue. does anyone else experience this? Also will the other playable units be able to carry spec ops and dsrv? Anyway this mod rocks

Bellman 03-01-09 02:56 AM

Agreed it is groundbreaking ! There is a tremendous amount of new thinking here with reworking and dare I say improvement of many game performance characteristics.
The few gliches in our beta software are beeing addressed.

As in SCX, realism is beeing tempered by playability. Impressive !

oscar19681 03-01-09 02:49 PM

Well the ra team has achieved some things the scs devs could not or simply didnt wanna do. Take for example the dsrv which was broken in the vanilla dw. Everybody said it could not be fixed unless the devs fixed it. Now the dsrv is at least partially fixed