SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   WoE SubSim Aviators thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122914)

XabbaRus 10-23-07 09:26 AM

We will change to Red. It think that was what was going to happen before Dowly left.

XabbaRus 10-25-07 03:24 PM

OK we are Red.

I am going to be haveing a good fly online tomorrow night.
Who wants to join me. I will be on at 2100 BST (2000 GMT +1)

XabbaRus 10-26-07 10:22 AM

Guys still interested?

Morts 10-26-07 10:31 AM

ill be there

XabbaRus 10-26-07 02:25 PM

You have teamspeak?

Morts 10-26-07 04:34 PM

whoops
seems like i missed
i was watching a movie and didn notice the time:rotfl:
and yea i do have teamspeak
though i dont talk much...i dont talk at all
im Mute Morts :rotfl:

XabbaRus 10-27-07 04:30 PM

Ok just completed 2 missions in WoE without getting shot down or crashing.

First up in a Hurricane but couldn't find any air targets but found the barges.

So I went home, landed and took out and SBD-3 with a 1600 lb bomb. flew to the docks and dive bombed it. Hit 1 AA, then got jumped but fortunately I had a friendly watching me so got home safely too.

XabbaRus 10-27-07 04:32 PM

Personally I also thing anyone who flies on WoE should be a member of a squad.

Morts 10-30-07 08:32 AM

all right
dont expect to see me on TS anymore
got banned for "non communicating"....thanks Kpt.Lemon:down:its really none of your business

danlisa 10-30-07 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morts
....got banned for "non communicating"....thanks Kpt.Lemon:down: its really none of your business

Actually it is.

Jimbuna graciously hosts that TS server primarily for GWX use.

Jimbuna, Kpt.Lehmann, Penelope_Grey & myself are all Server Admins and either one of us can (& will) ban someone for not abiding to the servers rules.

Here's a hint, it's called Team SPEAK.

So, I ask you, what are you doing on a server designed for voice communications when you are not willing/able to vocaly interact with other members.

This is all stated in the Channel description when you enter the Lobby. The warning is there and action has been taken.

Morts 10-30-07 09:46 AM

well how am i s'posed to talk to you guys when i dont have acces to the channel you're in
please
tell me

Kratos 10-30-07 10:39 AM

By your own admission

Quote:

whoops
seems like i missed

Morts 10-30-07 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratos
By your own admission

Quote:

whoops
seems like i missed

well what if i did talk
how should i be "communicating"
when they are all in a channel i dont have acces to?

XabbaRus 10-30-07 02:45 PM

OK before this starts into a flame war can I ask we all calm down.

The only channel I have access to is the Flight one.

The otehr s I can't get to as I am not part of GWX and that is fine as I use it for when I am flying online. Of late the regulars are away and I am the only one in the channel so have no one to talk with.

I log on so that if I am in game peol who join later can see me there and talk.

I think if you are on your own in the flight channel then you shouldn't get kicked but the admins have made the rules. If there is someone ther then talk a bit. If they are in a different room send a text message to all, just to say hi.

So for the sake of SSA in WoE could Morts be allowed back on.

I think he has realised his mistake.

danlisa 10-30-07 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XabbaRus
I think if you are on your own in the flight channel then you shouldn't get kicked but the admins have made the rules. If there is someone there then talk a bit. If they are in a different room send a text message to all, just to say hi.

Nobody will be kicked in that instance. By all means, sit in the Flight Sim channel, playing the game and waiting for others to join you. At least we understand what is happening. However, sitting, logged in for hours in the Lobby not doing anything is not on.

Xabba is correct. At the very least, send a message to ALL or Channel & make yourself known.

The rules were set in place because people started to loiter trying to gain information on GWX without actively taking part or using TS in the spirit it is intended for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XabbaRus
So for the sake of SSA in WoE could Morts be allowed back on.

I think he has realised his mistake.

I will pass this request onto Kpt.Lehmann & the owner, Jimbuna. It will be thier call at the end of the day. However, if another chance is afforded Morts, it will be the last.

We don't try to be the 'Big Meanies' but there are too many people hopping on/off, not communicating & lurking about. For what reason, I don't know but it must be controlled.