SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2007 Subsim Almanac: The Book about your website (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=100080)

_Seth_ 02-07-07 11:53 PM

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

GSpector 02-08-07 12:11 AM

Hello Neal,

Now I feel late to the party.

I had been wondering just what the Almanac had and now I know, I am thinking about ordering one but I would prefer the 1st edition of course.

I am guessing that I am to late for a signed copy?:hmm:

flintlock 02-08-07 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
The mailman left with a sore back, cursing me under his breath.

That's quite an impressive stack there. You're going to have a sore wrist after signing all those. :)

Subnuts 02-08-07 12:58 AM

Quote:

Oooh wee! :()1:
The first shipment has arrived. The mailman left with a sore back, cursing me under his breath. Books are going out tomorrow!

Well, I'm still pretty sure all those books put together ways less than a single copy of Friedman's new Naval Weapons Systems book. ;)

Onkel Neal 02-08-07 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSpector
Hello Neal,

Now I feel late to the party.

I had been wondering just what the Almanac had and now I know, I am thinking about ordering one but I would prefer the 1st edition of course.

I am guessing that I am to late for a signed copy?:hmm:

No, sir, I ordered enough to cover all the preorders and will have plenty left over. To order a First Edition, simply point your bow here:
http://www.subsim.com/almanac/

If you want it signed, be sure to put that in the notes part of the Paypal form, or send me an e-mail.

thanks!
Neal

Onkel Neal 02-08-07 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subnuts
Quote:

Oooh wee! :()1:
The first shipment has arrived. The mailman left with a sore back, cursing me under his breath. Books are going out tomorrow!

Well, I'm still pretty sure all those books put together ways less than a single copy of Friedman's new Naval Weapons Systems book. ;)

Lol, almost.

BTW, you and Takeda, send me an e-mail with your address, your copies are boxed and ready to go.

cheers
Neal

Jimbuna 02-08-07 05:32 AM

Great news Neal.....Cheers :up:

Onkel Neal 02-08-07 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna

Thanks, you guys made this possible. Now, we have to make this a big seller so I can get a movie deal, and use the money to buy a Russian sub for the World Subsim Tour, a cruise ship for subsim guys everywhere.

nikimcbee 02-11-07 11:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna

Thanks, you guys made this possible. Now, we have to make this a big seller so I can get a movie deal, and use the money to buy a Russian sub for the World Subsim Tour, a cruise ship for subsim guys everywhere.

:rock: :rock: :rock: Will the Kilo be BBQ capable? Gas or charcoal?:hmm:

As anyone recieved their book yet?

Konovalov 02-12-07 07:06 PM

Finally ordered my copy this evening. Hope it arrives in the next two weeks before I fly out to Australia for holiday to catch up with the rellies. :up:

Jimbuna 02-13-07 09:09 AM

Got an email from Neal about 4/5 days ago saying it was on it's way...so anyday now I reckon :rock: :up:

AmonZeus 02-15-07 07:47 PM

hi there everybody hoping everyone is doing well im new here.........anyway i ordered the book and was wondering when it should reach me(i stay in Scotland)cheers in advance:)

Bum 02-15-07 08:06 PM

AMon, you will love it. I ordred the book to show my support of the people who wrote it and it is better than I was expecting. This is better than most of the submarine books I have read, funny, interesting and it has many serious researched articles. I recognize many guy's names from this forum in the book. :rock:

Pioneer 02-15-07 10:05 PM

Got mine in the mail today.:up:

D'oh. Neal, you didn't sign it. :cry:

Subsim Monitor 02-16-07 12:53 AM

Sorry about that, I signed a bunch but I tried to limit it to those who included a request to sign the book in their order via Paypal or who PMed or e-mailed me. There was a guy or two who specifically did not want it signed and I tried to be careful.

I see I missed you and Camaero's request to have it signed by not re-reading all the posts in this thread, sorry :(

All in all, my sigs not worth much, the real genius came from Horsa, Wrratt, Dex, Dr Ross, Ted Savas, Kelly Asay, Jason Lobo, Torplexed, etc....

Neal