SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]Venatore's SHV Mod Bunker (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173371)

Frantic8882 09-17-10 06:39 AM

Any possibility for a combined package of all soundmods? Letīs say for those who donīt mind larger files.

tonschk 09-17-10 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frantic8882 (Post 1495504)
Any possibility for a combined package of all soundmods? Letīs say for those who donīt mind larger files.

I agree :up: ,please can be possible a combined package of all your SFX sounds mods ?

7thSeal 09-17-10 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonschk (Post 1495638)
I agree :up: ,please can be possible a combined package of all your SFX sounds mods ?

Its rather easy to do it manually once you gather the sounds you like. Just have one folder for sounds and copy and paste into it as you please. :)

tonschk 09-18-10 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thSeal (Post 1495988)
Its rather easy to do it manually once you gather the sounds you like. Just have one folder for sounds and copy and paste into it as you please. :)

Thank you for the help :DL, I really dont have much idea about make my own sound SFX folder , and later make it JSGME compatible and later enable like a single mod, is this the idea you was suggesting me to do ?

At the moment, my only experience about modding SH5 files/folder, was to tweack myself the Shadows settings opening the Cfg/files/folder without JSGME

Frantic8882 09-18-10 10:09 AM

7th Seal is right, itīs not difficult, but in reality thats beside the point. It would be soo much more comfortable to have it all in one place after downloading instead of copy and pasting it from all over the place or having 6 different sfx mods more on you modlist. Hey, I thought I heard someone say the word lazy...:hmmm::haha: (Seriously, it does take up a lot of time.... to install , customize and activate all my mods after a fresh install I fool around pushing files for an hour or so. So I really appreciate combined packages, plz consider.)

7thSeal 09-18-10 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frantic8882 (Post 1496626)
7th Seal is right, itīs not difficult, but in reality thats beside the point. It would be soo much more comfortable to have it all in one place after downloading instead of copy and pasting it from all over the place or having 6 different sfx mods more on you modlist. )

Its based on the user in the end and basically one sound mod will provide each user request if applied during copy and paste. Its rather easy to place one sound mod based on the player and put all sounds into it as one prefers and to implement it as one desires. But then again maybe I'm missing something. :)

raymond6751 09-19-10 09:06 AM

Many thanks

As usual, great work.

We salute you, Venatore, for making our game value multiplied many times.

Venatore 09-23-10 04:35 PM

Thank you for your feedback and encouragement. I've noted your request/s for a large all encompassing sound SFX mod. I do understand where you are coming from, but; for me this goes against my modding style, I'll explain.

I don't mod multiple sounds all at once and deliver it to the community as I feel each sound has not been given due credit.

Each individual sound that I mod takes about 1 or 2 weeks to develop and test. This for me, fulfills my intent of delivering high quality sound SFX mods. If I was to wait till all my sounds were developed the all encompassing sound SFX mod would be ready in about the year 2020.

But; for some of you this is not satisfying your request and I am here to help. For those members who want a large all encompassing sound SFX mod which is JSGME compatible this is how you do it.

FOR MEMBER WITH LIMITED MODDING KNOWLEDGE

Step One: Create a new folder call it for example "all encompassing sound SFX mod"

Step Two: Then create within that new folder another new folder and call it "data".

Step Three: Then create within that "data" folder another new folder and call it "Sound".

That has now created your all encompassing sound SFX mod file structure pathway to be JSGME compatible.

Step Four:
Search and download sound mods that are to your liking, extract sounds and place them all the way down into the "Sound" folder contained within the all encompassing sound SFX mod folder.

Please note over time you may have files overriding each other if you are wanting to replace a sound file with a sound file that all ready exists within the mod folder.

Once you have all your sounds open up the "MODS" folder within your SHV folder and place the all encompassing sound SFX mod folder in there. Close it, and activate JSGME and activate the all encompassing sound SFX mod from left column to the right column of the JSGME pop-up display.

Abd_von_Mumit 09-23-10 05:24 PM

I got a simpler DIY (DoItYourself) SFX mod solution:

1. Create a new folder named "LazyModderCollection" (anywhere on your disk).
2. Copy JSGME.exe into this folder, then launch JSGME.exe and select OK if it asks questions. Then close JSGME.exe.
3. Enter the MODS folder that was created inside your "LazyModderCollection" folder.
4. Copy (not move) any SFX mods you want to merge to this folder.
5. Launch the JSGMe.exe once more, enable all mods. Close JSGME.
6. Delete JSGME.exe, JSGME.ini, "MODS" folder.

You have just created a mod named "LazyModderCollection". Congratulations. It's JSGME ready, so copy it to your game MODS folder, enable using the JSGME you normally use to mod your game.

EDIT:
Or even simpler one (if you don't care about conflicts between merged mods):
1. Create a new folder named "LazyModderCollection" (anywhere on your disk).
2. Copy contents of the mods you want to merge into it.

You have just created a mod named "LazyModderCollection". Congratulations. It's JSGME ready, so copy it to your game MODS folder, enable using the JSGME you normally use to mod your game.

THE_MASK 09-23-10 06:28 PM

One of the best and well organised mod packs i have ever seen . I just upgraged my isp , i took 5 seconds to download 5mb mod .

Frantic8882 09-25-10 12:55 PM

I already have a Mod called "LazyModderCollection",now what??:hmmm: :03: Willco with above guidance...:salute: Greetz and THX

Reece 09-26-10 02:59 AM

Regarding the Ballast tank sounds I am still having the same problems as before, that is with the original blowing ballast tanks the sound would keep going forever, with your sound it works perfectly but only once then the sound is gone on all future surfacing!:damn: I re-installed the game, started a new campaign but it is exactly the same, I believe some don't have this problem, do you have this problem Venatore?:hmmm:

Venatore 09-26-10 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1502719)
Regarding the Ballast tank sounds / do you have this problem Venatore?:hmmm:

Reece,

No matey I don't have this problem. I was hoping that this mod may have fixed your problem at your end....but; it looks like what ever is causing your issue is dug in like a cattle tick :hmmm:

This is very strange indeed, in the fact that some members (limited) experience this problem and some don't (majority) :hmmm:

Reece 09-26-10 04:51 AM

Maybe it is something like an XP issue, maybe it works with Win 7 fine, IIRC tonschk is having the same problem.:hmmm:
I may have to remove all mods (except SH3 command keys), start a new campaign and then give that a test!:doh:
Edit: I removed all mods and started a new campaign but the problem is still there!

tonschk 09-26-10 06:00 AM

I installed the blow ballast Venatore mod and at 150m deep I ordered surface (or periscope deep I dont remember) , the blow ballast was a different sound, like something around 10 seconds single sound of pressurised air moving , I think now is OK :yeah: , let me check this again to be 100% sure