SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   The all purpose terrorism thread featuring plenty of allah akbar (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222852)

Oberon 11-16-15 08:15 AM

Would be nice if it could be a UN ground mission, you know...the sort of thing that the UN was designed for.

Yeah, I'll keep dreaming. :har:

Catfish 11-16-15 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2358969)
Would be nice if it could be a UN ground mission, you know...the sort of thing that the UN was designed for.

They are threatening all terrorists with a forever debate, and bore them to death :yep:

Quote:

:cry:

CaptainRamius 11-16-15 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2358988)
They are threatening all terrorists with a forever debate, and bore them to death :yep:

:cry:

That's a great way to win: boring press conferences with ISIS :har:

Betonov 11-16-15 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2358988)

If words were water, the humans would destroy us by drowning ~ Klingon saying

Rockstar 11-16-15 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2358969)

Lol, only UN force I've ever seen were Pakistani. When we went on patrol we had one standing order. Dont go out at the same time they do.

Oberon 11-16-15 09:46 AM

http://i.imgur.com/oG1p95r.png
This is the news, and this is HunterICX reading it...

Anon has declared war on Daesh. #OpParis began on Monday and so far around 1800 Daesh related websites have been hit and taken down by Anon in around three hours. Since Daesh relies heavily on online indoctrination this will hopefully have a big hit on their operations.

So, there you have it, Daesh are finally going to get ducked by their 72 virgins. :yeah:

Betonov 11-16-15 12:19 PM

http://i.imgur.com/thrnX3z.jpg

ikalugin 11-16-15 12:38 PM

Well PRC was looking into pledging an 8k strong force to the UN, which is a good start. The problem is that UN could not muster enough to defeat ISIS but it certainly could provide security to the non ISIS areas, for example the ones currently held by the rebels.

Mr Quatro 11-16-15 01:44 PM

Vietnam had neigbors that cared, but Vietnam itself had no Navy to speak of (two PT boats attacking a destroyer?) (I don't think so).

They had no airforce to speak of except for Chinese planes and pilots, they had no supply lines except for men in black clothes carrying everything they needed at night to avoid the B-52 bombers by day.

Yet North Vietnam won the war, a long drawn out war, a war of brother against brother.

Now we have isis claiming a large part of Iraq and a small northern region of Syria in the middle of a war of brother against brother with rebel groups attacking both Syrian armies and isis to the north.

I'm no general, but in three years all we have done is bomb isis, Russia has bombed isis and now France has bombed isis held areas.

The blame is easy to see we have taken a, "We are doing something approach" instead of a winning approach.

Lets get serious and ask congress to delcare war on isis using every weapon (except nuclear ones) to defeat them.

We better do something before the war of fear comes ashore in America.

As a small child I use to play army with toys on a picnic table full of sand when unknown to me my cousin had planted bottle caps under the sand while I slept and when I awoke he wanted to play war.

I attacked and he blew me apart ... What I'm trying to get at is that I don't know nothing about war ... with that in mind I propose that we (the USA) drop in paratroopers with a way to get them out in a hurry if something goes wrong and have the isis army come and get us.

We retreat and bomb the hell out of them while they are out of their strong holds. The old Greek Trojan horse sort of thing, but we use fear to destroy their faith.

Cut off supply lines and make Turkey put all of its troops on the border ... claim Syria free of all terrorist and wait for the next group of wacko's to rise up against freedom in the world.

If I a nobody nothing can come up with simple plan why can't our Commander in Chief and all of his Airforce, Navy and Army might come up with a plan?

Dowly 11-16-15 02:00 PM

Your plan sucks.

Oberon 11-16-15 02:46 PM

The thing is, we do have Daesh on the back foot, they have been losing ground in Iraq and in Syria.
Will this last? Probably not, there will be counter-attacks and there will be victories and defeats ahead.
The reason that the US has been so reluctant to go all in is because such a conflict would last for decades and cost trillions of dollars. Obama doesn't want to be remembered as the man who committed America to that, especially not after George W. Bush and the invasion of Iraq.
No, in any operation in Iraq and Syria it will have to be a multi-national operation under the leadership of the United Nations. Of course, there are some tricky legal loopholes to get through first, for example, declaring war on 'Islamic State' is tricky because hardly anyone actually recognises them as a state.
Then, of course, there's the question of Assad, Iran would want him to stay in power, Russia is moving into a position where they'd accept him leaving power but would probably want to able to choose his successor, Saudi Arabia would want a Saudi leaning person in charge of Syria and the US just wants Assad gone and preferably a democratic leadership in place.
Getting rid of Daesh is just the first problem in Syria and Iraq, and any mission in these nations has got to prepare for the victory just as much as the operation itself, because any victory is going to leave a brief vacuum that's going to be filled by someone or something, perhaps even worse than Daesh. :o
So, it's not easy, but I think the first steps really need to begin at the UN, and that we also need to think about what we need to do in Europe at the same time as our actions in Syria and Iraq, taking on the jihadist hot-spots, cracking down on jihadi recruitment but at the same time making sure that we don't alienate the Muslims who just want a peaceful life in Europe and don't want to be attacked because of their choice of religion. In this fight, the likes of Front National and PEGIDA might also need attacking at the same time we take on Daesh. :hmmm:
Ignorance, fear and anger are our enemies here.

ikalugin 11-17-15 05:45 AM

Meeting on the topic of the downed airliner has concluded:
- that it was a terrorist attack.
- Putin says that those responsible would be punished, whatever place they use for hiding.
- the air operation in Syria would be expanded.
- Putin invokes article 51 of the UN charter.
- Putin says that those sheltering and aiding the criminals should know the consequences of doing so.

CaptainRamius 11-17-15 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikalugin (Post 2359228)
Meeting on the topic of the downed airliner has concluded:
- that it was a terrorist attack.
- Putin says that those responsible would be punished, whatever place they use for hiding.
- the air operation in Syria would be expanded.
- Putin invokes article 51 of the UN charter.
- Putin says that those sheltering and aiding the criminals should know the consequences of doing so.

Are you talking about the liner that went down awhile ago?
I thought they concluded that it was a terrorist attack about a week ago.

Betonov 11-17-15 10:59 AM

Send in the bear so they can hear death coming.
And send them round the clock so the only thing they'll know is the thunder above and when they finaly snap they'll run outside to meet the bombs just to stop the thunder.

Oberon 11-17-15 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betonov (Post 2359272)
Send in the bear so they can hear death coming.
And send them round the clock so the only thing they'll know is the thunder above and when they finaly snap they'll run outside to meet the bombs just to stop the thunder.

:har: :yeah:

Jimbuna 11-17-15 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainRamius (Post 2359271)
Are you talking about the liner that went down awhile ago?
I thought they concluded that it was a terrorist attack about a week ago.

They did but Russia wasn't 'officially' convinced.....they are now.

CaptainRamius 11-17-15 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2359317)
They did but Russia wasn't 'officially' convinced.....they are now.

They better be. They can't keep denying a terrorist attack just because it took place on one of their aircraft.

Oberon 11-17-15 02:20 PM

Other news:

Netherlands - Germany match cancelled, stadium evacuated amid security concerns:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34849263

Multiple US states reject Syrian refugees, despite none of the attackers in Paris actually being named as Syrian refugees at this time:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34835353

http://liveactionnews.org/wp-content...a-Facepalm.jpg

August 11-17-15 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 2359322)
despite none of the attackers in Paris actually being named as Syrian refugees at this time:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34835353

From your article:

Quote:

one of them is thought to have been a Syrian who entered Europe via Greece with migrants.

Jimbuna 11-17-15 02:46 PM

The passport was a fake as far as I'm aware.