SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   A Quick Trip Around The World. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=244471)

Aktungbby 04-24-20 11:03 AM

welcome aboard!

Zhig!:Kaleun_Salute:

Mr Quatro 04-24-20 12:21 PM

Aktungbby :Kaleun_Cheers:

vienna 04-24-20 01:58 PM

@ Zhig...

Manilla, eh?... Longtime fan of your folders... :D

Welcome aboard and stay safe and healthy during your lockdown; sounds like they are really taking the Covid-19 situation seriously out your ways... :salute:

<O>

Jimbuna 04-24-20 02:28 PM

Welcome to SubSim, I have a close friend living in your country and I hear similarly from him.

Zhig 04-24-20 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna (Post 2665895)
@ Zhig...

Manilla, eh?... Longtime fan of your folders... :D

Welcome aboard and stay safe and healthy during your lockdown; sounds like they are really taking the Covid-19 situation seriously out your ways... :salute:

<O>

WE just have to really because our health care system is not that, should I say STURDY. Prevention is STILL the best cure so yeah, currently "sunbathing" is practiced in the early mornings (6-7am) to curb cabin fever.

took awhile to get the "folder" you were saying, ehehehe, not a fan of it but at least you enjoy it, ehehhehe.

Franck Heler 05-12-20 07:05 AM

Here in Madrid we are confined at home. This is going to be the last city in Spain to return to normal. The Spanish population has spent 2 months eating at all hours and drinking beer at home and now everyone wants to play sports at the same time. More than half of the Spanish are already in debt. My work sector will be one of the last to return to normality. To take advantage of my time, I am browsing my U-Boot, sometimes killing zombies and trying to learn to play the guitar. Courage and good hunting. PS: I am using the google translator, if you don't understand something, sorry. ****ing technology.

Franck Heler 05-12-20 07:09 AM

Sorry I think I posted this on the wrong page.

Eisenwurst 05-12-20 07:17 AM

Hi Franck. No, you posted on correct page :up:

Good to hear from Spain. Hope the "return to normal" goes well with no "second wave".

Best of Luck. :salute:

Franck Heler 05-12-20 07:56 AM

Hello friends, I think I have written you a post and published it elsewhere. But hey I try again. Franck Heler in Madrid, the last city in Spain to be released from confinement. We have been locked up at home for two months eating and drinking and now all the people want to play sports at the same time. I take the opportunity to return to GWX, sometimes I kill zombies and sometimes I am learning to play the guitar. Courage and good hunting.

Franck Heler 05-12-20 08:03 AM

Inglés

Ok Eisenwurst, is that there are times when I think that my PC is too smart and laughs at me. Thanks champion
:yeah:

Franck Heler 05-12-20 08:06 AM

Thanks Eisenwurst. Sometimes I think my PC laughs at me. This I had already put but I think it has been deleted.
:har:

Aktungbby 05-12-20 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2660305)
total lockdown; essential forays outside the home only for groceries. POLICE ENFORCEMENT of lockdown. 15 confirmed cases; two dead....social distancing is the new normal.

UPDATE NAPA: Now up to 79 confirmed cases and one died yesterday but was already terminally ill with underlying causes....I'm still wearing a mask and avoiding sailing.:wah: None of the present cases are hospitalized...as yet.:hmmm: the lockdown is still in force and one favorite restaurant that tried to reopen was reshut by the county health dept. I know the owner and buy a lot of 'takeout' to help him out.

Eisenwurst 05-14-20 10:46 PM

Down here in ( "The Cross" - Sydney Australia ) The small cafes and small restaurants have reopened ( only 10 patrons at a time though ). The owners and staff are very happy to be back at work and not doing only Take Away. The regular customers are also very glad to have someone else do the cooking for a change.

The pubs and clubs are allowed to reopen ( only 10 patrons at a time also ) but as of writing the publicans are metaphorically "standing around with big question marks over their heads and scratching their bums - do we open or not ???"

Small steps but important ones. :)

Catfish 05-15-20 01:42 AM

In our rural area shops are opened completely, but you still have to wear a mask, and take a trolley "for distance". No trolleys outside and you have to wait.

Pubs and restaurants reopening but not much customers allowed at a time, number depending on the size of rooms etc.
Will go out dining on monday evening, just the two of us to celebrate her birthday at least a bit, and have a look.

Today we will have a look at a '59 Citroen "ID" in very original (lol i guess i know what awaits) state, with a friend from Goettingen, and we will of course go there with a "DS". These cars are tiny compared with the blown-up potato-designed SUVs everywhere.. wonder if i will find it at the parking lot.

Border to Austria to be reopened soon.
A local shop owner has caught Corona and been in intensive care for 3 and a half weeks. In this case the virus spread to almost all of his organs, damaging brain and kidneys.
He cannot walk anymore and has to relearn speaking, most probably a nursing case. He is 32.
I do not like this lockdown at all, but I still think it is a bit early to just reopen everywhere :hmmm:

Aktungbby 03-01-21 01:40 PM

I'm off to get vaccinated with shot #1, Moderna, together with my long-suffering spouse of 40 years. This will be my hottest lockdown date since the pandemic's start...and prevent "spousal vaccine envy" recently documented in the WSJ! No hint of when shot #2 will become available. The Napa restaurants are at 25 % capacity; and downtown was hopping ...and heavily tented on Saturday for outdoor dining only. Hopefully the only movie theater in town will also open at 25%; I'm sick of sitting watching TV all day.:wah: