SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Open Horizons II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=189818)

Trevally. 12-02-11 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zidon (Post 1797273)
Hmmm what is wrong with my Open Horizons ??:Kaleun_Crying:
my mods:
New UI
real environment rev3
imrpoved waves+pitch
free cam tweak
Open horizons2 full v 1.5
TDW mines subnets
... ??

What is your pc specs?
Have you updated you drivers etc
If using 32bit - have you enabled the 3gig switch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPotato (Post 1797290)
My game crashed to desktop when the torpedo was about to hit Royal Oak at the right moment in Scapa Flow. Any idea why?:hmmm:

Are you sure it was the Royal Oak?
What version of OHII are you using?
Are you using ful, base, ships or enviro?
What mods are you using and in what order?
What is your PC specs?
What TC were you at?

Trevally. 12-02-11 01:28 PM

Please see post 1 for new patch3:salute:

Remove patch2 and install patch3 when in the bunker.

Patch3 adds the improved buoys from Uekel.

Thanks Uekel for your work towards improving this game :Kaleun_Cheers:

Trevally. 12-02-11 03:24 PM

Please see post 1 for Patch3b

@ the 17 users who downloaded the patch3 - sorry I have made an error with that patch, can you replace it with patch3b:salute:

Silent Steel 12-03-11 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1798071)
Please see post 1 for Patch3b

@ the 17 users who downloaded the patch3 - sorry I have made an error with that patch, can you replace it with patch3b:salute:

Fabulous work with these new buoys :o
Thanks to both of you for taking this mod to an even more stunning level.

BTW - the 3b Patch runs fine.

:up:

Kretschmer the IV 12-03-11 06:39 AM

HI,

i gotta weird issue. When finishing the mission for reinforcements route in NW England (before 1.april 1940) i have to go to bunker and wait until passing 1. April for Narvik missions to appear. When i check the mission and i say, im ready for deploy, it warps me 2 weeks to the future and the Narvik missions are over :06: Instead i have to go to the west entrace of the canal. :doh:

Trevally. 12-03-11 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kretschmer the IV (Post 1798381)
HI,

i gotta weird issue. When finishing the mission for reinforcements route in NW England (before 1.april 1940) i have to go to bunker and wait until passing 1. April for Narvik missions to appear. When i check the mission and i say, im ready for deploy, it warps me 2 weeks to the future and the Narvik missions are over :06: Instead i have to go to the west entrace of the canal. :doh:

Yes - when you click "lets go on patrol" - 14days will pass before you get onboard.

Operation Weserübung - is a time restricted objective and you should have been told by radio message well in advance to head to Norway waters and wait for new orders.

Are you using TDWs UI? - Did you get the radio message?

See here from post one about campaign objectives.

Campaign Progress
Within each campiagn (i.e. coastal Waters) there are main objectives to achieve. These will be things like "sink 50,000 tonnes of coastal shipping". As you achieve this tonnage a progress bar will fill so you can keep track of your progress. When the bar is full, you have achieved the objective and will be awarded crosses to fill your campaign bar.
Most of these objectives a time/date related and if you fail to fill the progress bar within that time - you will fail the objective.

Failing the objective will not stop your campaign. You may have some blocked objectives or even blocked campaigns as a result, but your career will continue.

If you finish an objective within the time frame given - you may not get a new one untill a later date. When this happens, you should go out and patrol anywhere you like, hunting any ship you like. this is a good time to test your skills by trying some harbour raids etc.
When the time comes for a new objective, you will be sent a radio message informing you that new objectives are ready. You do not need to return to port and select it. You can just go and start the new objective from where you are. You DO NOT EVER need to select an objective from the main briefing map.

When you do select an objective from the main briefing map, you will also be given a secondary mission. This will be thing like "Drop of supplies at area X" see here for an example When you achieve these secondary missions, you will be rewarded with extra renown points that you can use to upgrade your u-boat. If you do not do these secondary missions - there is no penalty.

7thSeal 12-03-11 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1798071)

I was one of the 17, I'll inform my crew that we're headed back to the bunker for an update. That should lift their spirits a bit.

Thanks Trevally for the update. :up:

Kretschmer the IV 12-03-11 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1798386)
Yes - when you click "lets go on patrol" - 14days will pass before you get onboard.

Operation Weserübung - is a time restricted objective and you should have been told by radio message well in advance to head to Norway waters and wait for new orders.

Are you using TDWs UI? - Did you get the radio message?

See here from post one about campaign objectives.

Campaign Progress
Within each campiagn (i.e. coastal Waters) there are main objectives to achieve. These will be things like "sink 50,000 tonnes of coastal shipping". As you achieve this tonnage a progress bar will fill so you can keep track of your progress. When the bar is full, you have achieved the objective and will be awarded crosses to fill your campaign bar.
Most of these objectives a time/date related and if you fail to fill the progress bar within that time - you will fail the objective.

Failing the objective will not stop your campaign. You may have some blocked objectives or even blocked campaigns as a result, but your career will continue.

If you finish an objective within the time frame given - you may not get a new one untill a later date. When this happens, you should go out and patrol anywhere you like, hunting any ship you like. this is a good time to test your skills by trying some harbour raids etc.
When the time comes for a new objective, you will be sent a radio message informing you that new objectives are ready. You do not need to return to port and select it. You can just go and start the new objective from where you are. You DO NOT EVER need to select an objective from the main briefing map.

When you do select an objective from the main briefing map, you will also be given a secondary mission. This will be thing like "Drop of supplies at area X" see here for an example When you achieve these secondary missions, you will be rewarded with extra renown points that you can use to upgrade your u-boat. If you do not do these secondary missions - there is no penalty.

Thanks! Yes i use it. I thought those radio messages are just static for some kind of atmosphere :D

uekel 12-03-11 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kretschmer the IV (Post 1798381)
HI,

The problem occurs because we choose the missions on the day when we return to the port, and THEN enter the refit time (standard 14 days). It is one of the game bugs. :cry:

Maybe someone can change it? :06:

haegemon 12-04-11 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uekel (Post 1798473)
The problem occurs because we choose the missions on the day when we return to the port, and THEN enter the refit time (standard 14 days). It is one of the game bugs. :cry:

Maybe someone can change it? :06:

That's not a bug, is the refit time before being able to sail again. Standar issue. :salute:

uekel 12-04-11 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haegemon (Post 1798900)
That's not a bug, is the refit time before being able to sail again. Standar issue. :salute:

The refit time itself is not the problem (I´ve set it in my game to24 days).

The problem is the order:

1. choose a mission - only there, for exactly this date are available

2. refit time

(exception is the first mission of the campaign)

It should be reversed! After refit time, maybe others are available.
Just when such time-critical missions like "Weserübung" an problem.

Trevally. 12-04-11 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kretschmer the IV (Post 1798440)
Thanks! Yes i use it. I thought those radio messages are just static for some kind of atmosphere :D

:har:
You need to watch out for the red and blue messages, they are directed at you :up:

Trevally. 12-04-11 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uekel (Post 1798903)
The refit time itself is not the problem (I´ve set it in my game to24 days).

The problem is the order:

1. choose a mission - only there, for exactly this date are available

2. refit time

(exception is the first mission of the campaign)

It should be reversed! After refit time, maybe others are available.
Just when such time-critical missions like "Weserübung" an problem.

Yes - this is the reason for the problems with short missions. A very annoying, not bug but perhaps oversight.

uekel 12-04-11 06:02 AM

Hi Trevally!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1798937)
Yes - this is the reason for the problems with short missions. A very annoying, not bug but perhaps oversight.

Would be nice if you can find anything to fix it. :sunny:
But.... I think it is a problem of the game itself, not of the campaign. :cry:
On the other hand, the traffic is going anyway and the radio commands make it also true to life. :up:

Trevally. 12-04-11 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uekel (Post 1798964)
Hi Trevally!

Would be nice if you can find anything to fix it. :sunny:
But.... I think it is a problem of the game itself, not of the campaign. :cry:
On the other hand, the traffic is going anyway and the radio commands make it also true to life. :up:

I am sure (would need to check) that when you dock at your base, the game saves.
Perhaps a script could be written that when you appear in the bunker, the save game file is read and then the campaign date could be adjusted at this point (+24days etc). This could also bring up a page where you patrol history (medals) could be viewed.
Then when you click "let go on patrol" the game is set to advance only one day:hmmm: