SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]Venatore's SHV Mod Bunker (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173371)

PL_Cmd_Jacek 09-12-10 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1491313)
Hi Venatore,

Thanks for another one of your great sound mods. I use all your others and think that they really add to the feel of the game.:up:

I use WinRAR to extract files, but I am having some difficulties with this one. When I extract I am getting the following error:-

! C:\Users\John\Desktop\New Folder\Unterseeboot.rar: Cannot create Unterseeboot \data\Sound\ambiance_Command-room_Q.wav
! The system cannot find the path specified.

This error message repeats for each part of the file.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: I have now sorted it, thanks

I have the same error. What is going on ?

Trevally. 09-12-10 09:00 AM

I used 7-zip to extract using option- no path names.
Then just manually re-set the paths.

PL_Cmd_Jacek 09-12-10 09:06 AM

Thank you, it works :salute:

Venatore 09-13-10 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker (Post 1491329)
Another great mod. Can you do something about the boat's engine noise? It almost drowns the speeches.

DavyJonesFootlocker,

Yes matey I will be developing a mod for those engines, if the developers thought that by just increasing the noise was to signify the increase in power to the engines they were .....to say the least .... wrong :nope:

The engine SFX is terrible and needs to be modded, I will be working vigorously to rectify the poor quality SFX, till then try other modders engine mods to see if they are to your liking.

Kind Regards

Venatore

The General 09-13-10 05:09 AM

Thank you Venatore :salute:

DavyJonesFootlocker 09-13-10 06:00 AM

Thanks Venatore. Looking forward to that future mod.:salute:

tonschk 09-13-10 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venatore (Post 1491792)

Yes matey I will be developing a mod for those engines, if the developers thought that by just increasing the noise was to signify the increase in power to the engines they were .....to say the least .... wrong :nope:

The engine SFX is terrible and needs to be modded, I will be working vigorously to rectify the poor quality SFX, till then try other modders engine mods to see if they are to your liking.

Kind Regards

Venatore

Thank you Venatore :rock:. do you think is possible to use the GWX SH3 diesel engine sound into your diesel engine mod ? , the GWX SH3 diesel engine sound I my opinion is the best I ever hear in the Silent Hunter series

Abd_von_Mumit 09-13-10 02:25 PM

As to engines, I found my Holy Graal already: I use Improved Engine Sounds mod by BillyBubble and it's perfect. It not only gives new, better sounds for engines, but also solves some other issues - the sound transition between compartments and outside is much better, closed/open hatches now influence the noise level better, it's just overall excellent mod. No other mod I checked has so good engine sounds.

Just install it after any other sound mods and it will overwrite the engine related sounds.

tonschk 09-13-10 06:02 PM

Thank you :DL Abd_von_Mumit

DavyJonesFootlocker 09-13-10 07:02 PM

Ah, Better Engine Sounds!:rock:

Quote:

.......:cry::down:

Venatore 09-16-10 03:34 AM

U-Boat Ballast Tanks SFX

• This mod replaces two original Silent Hunter V audio files with modded versions.
  • The two audio files which have been modded are as follows;
  • Submarine tanks blowing.wav
  • Submarine tanks flooding.wav
  • By using this mod your U-Boat ballast tanks will have a totally different extended sound.
  • For best results you should consider using my audio mods called;
  • German U-Boat Crew Language Pack
  • German U-Boat Hydrophone SFX
  • U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX
  • Unterseeboot SFX
  • All audio files contained within this mod were created by Venatore.
  • This mod is JSGME compatible.
  • This mod is zipped with WinRAR.
<Download Links>
Thank you for downloading this mod :up:

Kind Regards

Venatore.

DavyJonesFootlocker 09-16-10 06:50 AM

Nice!:yeah:

tonschk 09-16-10 12:07 PM

WOW :D , this Silent Hunter 5 is becoming better and better day by day :woot:downloading at once

7thSeal 09-16-10 06:16 PM

Thanks again Venator for your work, so much adds to immersion while playing. :salute:

Sepp von Ch. 09-16-10 07:33 PM

Nice, thank you!:salute: