SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   SUBSIM Meeting 2008 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=129586)

Pit 02-03-08 02:50 PM

I am in on this one for sure Neal!!!! I will likely bring Violetta!!!
Which Houston airport... IAH or HOU??? We fly into IAH!!! :ping: :rock:

GoldenRivet 02-03-08 03:30 PM

yep, barring a death in the family or serious illness... im there! it looks like a lot of fun, my wife has expressed interest in tagging along. Is that possible?

thanks!

USS Sea Tiger 02-03-08 04:43 PM

I'll be there!

Hey,, I am here already!!

FYI

I work here in Houston at the Coast Guard command center and run the Search and Rescue side.

If you would like, I can arrange tours of the cutters, the Vessel Traffic Center (sort of like air controllers but for ship and tow vesssel movement. And can arrange a tour of the Coast Guard Air Station.

Let me know if interested in this or other areas of the Houston Ship Channel

Jeffg 02-03-08 04:44 PM

Neal,
The agenda looks great,Please reserve me a bunk on the sub as DE's are targets.
JeffG

KG_Jag 02-03-08 05:15 PM

Sounds interesting--but it's the same weekend as Texas vs. OU.

The Aggies also play K-State at home that weekend.

Laufen zum Ziel 02-03-08 05:19 PM

Neal,

Would love to attend this. However I am confined to a electric cart or wheelchair for any walking and it would be a pain in the ass for me to get around. My thoughts will be with all of you who attend, and those who wish they could. This is what makes Subsim so great. If you ever do one in California I will be there.

Best wishes for success:cry:

mcarlsonus 02-03-08 05:57 PM

Definitely!

Thanks for the great "lead time," Neal! Gives us plenty of time to catch hot deals on air and hotel (and, I'm hoping for a Gato bunk for one of those evenings!)
Put me down! Currently in Kansas City, KS area, but, October could find me a resident of Dallas...

vinceor 02-03-08 06:24 PM

Wonderful !!!

Please, place my name on the reservation sheet. Georgetown, TX isn't that far away. Please e-mail me with any questions that you my have for me.

vinceor

Villicus 02-03-08 06:52 PM

Sounds like fun! I live in Lafayette, LA., not too far away. Count me in.

Brag 02-03-08 09:31 PM

Once I see how my book is selling, I'll be able to commit--I sure want to go. :cool:

mapuc 02-03-08 10:05 PM

It's sure sounds interesting indeed. It all comes to the money. If I somehow should manege to win on the lottery or something like that, I will attend, if invited.

It's from 9th of oct to 12th oct. but I gonna stay a little longer, that's because I have a little dream. two infact

After our meeting I take a plane to NY from the airport I take a yellow cab(one of my dream) to the NY train station, from there I will take a train to the pacific(another one)

From there I take a plane home.

Markus

CTU_Clay 02-03-08 10:12 PM

I live in Houston and I Most Definately will be there.

Chad 02-03-08 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcarlsonus
Thanks for the great "lead time," Neal! Gives us plenty of time to catch hot deals on air and hotel (and, I'm hoping for a Gato bunk for one of those evenings!)
Put me down! Currently in Kansas City, KS area, but, October could find me a resident of Dallas...

I'm from Kansas City, MO!

Just across the border :D Hope to see you there fellow Kansas Citian

jmanwell 02-04-08 12:33 AM

I'd like to put in a tentative "count me in." I would need to finalize some things with both my jobs and it depends on the cost. Like so many others I would be driving down (from central Missouri). That part of the cost I'm not worried about; it is all the other stuff like the tours, food, etc. The meeting looks to be a good time and I hope to be there.

Camaero 02-04-08 01:07 AM

Count me in! Me and a buddy will come from Atascadero CA!