SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3: Where? When? What? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114690)

Stary Wuj 05-16-07 06:54 AM

Don't forget about missing sounds and flickering textures please.

Best Regards

Stary Wuj

grunf 05-16-07 06:54 AM

Agreed.

Although i am for the 1.3 patch, i would not like to see it rushed out like the game itself was.

I think that a mere: "We are working on 1.3 patch for SH IV, and will deliver it when it is ready", from UBISOFT would be enough to keep the sharks at bay.

fumblyoldcarpenter 05-16-07 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunf
Agreed.

Although i am for the 1.3 patch, i would not like to see it rushed out like the game itself was.

I think that a mere: "We are working on 1.3 patch for SH IV, and will deliver it when it is ready", from UBISOFT would be enough to keep the sharks at bay.

I like this idea :roll:, it's been to quiet.

fumbly

Arctic Fox 05-16-07 07:20 AM

I support this request wholeheartedly. What sort of legacy would be leave for the blood sweat & tears put into it by the development team if it were left unfinished?:-?

klh 05-16-07 07:20 AM

I hadn't even considered the possibility that a reputable company like Ubisoft would not deliver another patch. There are too many basic features not yet functioning properly. Please finish it.

KrvKpt. Falke 05-16-07 07:22 AM

Unpatched Silent Hunter IV will be remembered as buggy crappy game.
Patched SHIV will be remembered as best sub-simulation ever created and in 10 years we will be glorifying it as we do it today with AOTD or Silent Service.

So, don't stop now, Ubi!

Tobus 05-16-07 07:23 AM

:up: Fix it UBI! :up:

Ship Hunter 05-16-07 07:23 AM

Agree!!! We need the 1.3 Patch with ALL the fixes in it!!!

Nate8thcvi 05-16-07 07:25 AM

Yes, I support this.

Bill.Braskey 05-16-07 07:32 AM

Get it fixed UBI

The issue with the Convoy AI coming to a stop when it is attacked is not a software bug.
The issue with the Chronometer not working is not a software bug.

During development, software is tested and there will always be things that slip through these tests.

There is no way that the developers did not know that both of those things and many others were not functioning when this game was released.

The AI is fundamental to this game being realistic. There is no challenge in picking off a group of ships just floating around.

At the very least, there needs to be an official announcement from UBI that these issues will be addressed.

Thank you Neal for your post and to all others that took the time to reply.

Hitman 05-16-07 07:40 AM

Go for 1.3 UBI:up: I bought the game, so I have done my part of the deal. Now give us another good reason to keep loving the SH4 series:up:

Lornyk5 05-16-07 07:41 AM

This is my first post but I feel like I know many of you, been lurking for a long time. I would like to thank this community and Neal. If I don't get my dose of coffee and subs everyday I would go mad, my wife thinks it's too late for help already. :doh:

On Topic: Sign me up!

gouldjg 05-16-07 07:41 AM

Well I am afraid my game has sat on shelf for some time now.

At first I thought I was phasing out of the game genre after so much fun with SH3 but I realised I stopped taking interest because support is much slower than the last release (plus I think sub damage interface is dull).

I used to hover in the UBI forums at SH3's birth and must say, good old UBIRAZZ and some devs, gathered enthusiasm for SH3 and took more interest.

This release (and i hate to have to say it) feels like a EA game and I don't see too much going on in the communications side.

Now maybe Im getting old and grumpy as far as gaming goes, but I now just play paradox games coz I know they get supported and have half decent gameplay even when broke early on.

At least it saves me money now I am more fussy. (last year I must have spent close to grand on games for me and the kids ps2, all of which have been traded)

My collection is now

SH4 = Dont play and am desperate to see more patches (5 out of 10):down:
HOI doomsday = do play and enjoy in its current form (8 out of 10):up:
EU III = bloody hooked on and looking forward to its future patches (10 out of 10):rock:
BF2 = Got to blast someone sometimes but not too keen (6 out of 10);)

Oh and WOW of which at lvl 30 is wearing thin but my girl loves it so Im stuck with it:-?

Come on UBI

Don't go onto my buy with extreme caution list i.e. wait 5 months before buying:damn:

Lord Axel 05-16-07 07:42 AM

I agree with everything Neal says.
We need 1.3 patch.

Meridian 05-16-07 07:43 AM

Adding my name the list.

We NEED a 1.3 patch to fix this sim.