SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Star Citizen (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=199191)

Arclight 01-22-14 04:33 PM

They've enabled creation of organizations. I've been wondering: is there an interest from people here to form a (small) company or such? And if so, what activities people are interested in (exploration, trade, bounty hunting, etc).

Oberon 01-22-14 05:35 PM

I may at some point get this, probably when the finished product rolls out or not long before, I would be interested in a group, and since my combat skills would likely be akin to that of a rooster with no legs, beak or wings, I would take mining, trade and occasional exploration.

Betonov 01-22-14 05:48 PM

trade and manufacturing :D

If the game's good and there's a SubSim group to cooperate with, I'll buy it

Me and Oberon can start a mining company to fund the S-boot flotilla (S as in space)

Arclight 01-25-14 02:54 PM

I'd prefer something mercantile oriented as well. Big fan of the possibility of exploration as well. Suppose we would need to come up with a name. :hmmm:

Oberon 01-25-14 03:47 PM

Blue Subsim Corporation?

Chaotically Handy Independent Group (CHIG, bonus points if the reference is got)

Subsim Technology Solutions

Starship Bloopers

Betonov 01-25-14 05:36 PM

Neals Independent Traders

(googled up CHIG, good one :) )

McBeck 01-25-14 07:03 PM

The SUBSIM id is still available for registration.
Iv already registered something else (FREECORE), so I cant secure it, but maybe somebody else can....

Arclight 01-29-14 11:31 PM

I've been thinking of SUBSIM Merchant Navy, or Merchant Marine. Boring, yes, but fairly neutral and keeping with the theme around here. :hmmm:

In terms of organization, officially, I'd like to set it as casual. If the group really comes together we might take things a bit more seriously, organizing properly and directing our attention as a group, but I think it's more likely we'll end up as a group of freelancers under a common banner.

Something like this:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps9261b447.jpg
Just an example.

The activities you can pick from:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps94e84214.jpg
Figured trading and transport were close, but we could swap one out for exploring or freelancing for example. :hmmm:

Raptor1 01-30-14 10:46 AM

If we're going for trading and such, how about 'Hanseatic League'? Not as catchy the other suggestions but at least it's slightly less boring than just Merchant Marine, I think. Doesn't have much to do with submarines, but it does at least make up a historical reference and a couple of obscure science fiction references.

As for activities, I'd suggest Trade and Exploration. Transport seems a bit redundant.

Are the ranks customizable? If so, we should probably get rid of the corporate terminology for something nautical themed. Maybe something like Cadet -> Ensign -> Lieutenant -> Captain -> Commodore -> Captain-General?

Betonov 01-30-14 11:30 AM

Activities are only for show right.
I can still open a refinery despite being in a trade,exploration corporation ??

Lionclaw 01-30-14 12:33 PM

So, Star Citizen is multiplayer only? At least it seems that way from reading the "about page". :hmmm:

Raptor1 01-30-14 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betonov (Post 2169656)
Activities are only for show right.
I can still open a refinery despite being in a trade,exploration corporation ??

I'm pretty sure it's only for the organization description, so you won't be constrained from any other activity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionclaw (Post 2169671)
So, Star Citizen is multiplayer only? At least it seems that way from reading the "about page". :hmmm:

Nope, it's going to have a single-player campaign, called Squadron 42, at least. I'm not sure if the open world game can be played in single-player, though.

Lionclaw 01-30-14 01:31 PM

Ah ok. Have to look more when it's released. :)

TarJak 01-30-14 03:45 PM

I'm for the Subsim Navy or Subsim Silent Service.

Arclight 02-02-14 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1 (Post 2169638)
If we're going for trading and such, how about 'Hanseatic League'?

Are the ranks customizable?

No offense, but that sounds rather terrestrial. And frankly the league strikes me as rather a bit "evil". :hmmm:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionclaw (Post 2169671)

Apart from SQ42, SC itself is planned to be playable in single player. It's populated by AI, with players taking their place where possible, and you should have the option to turn off PvP. Private servers were mentioned too.

During some storming of the brain, an argument was made to not include "subsim" in the name, on account of it not being an official group. It might end up reflecting poorly on the sire, and deter some people from joining as well.

I wanted to suggest Sol Solis Business Network. Use of Latin as a reference to human history, reference to human origin in the meaning, and a nod to the groups origin here on SUBSIM in the acronym (SSBN).