SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER 3 - EDITION 2022 » DISCUSSION and SUPPORT (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252544)

Orffen 08-22-22 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangamon Taylor (Post 2818234)
Are there any modeled in this mod?

Snorkel weather limitations are handled through HSIE options selector and can be turned on in there, then applied through JSGME. :up:

Is there any way to get a stopwatch on the map screen? It doesn't look like there's one available.

I also noticed that the diesel exhaust has an odd looking motion where it falls sharply to the ocean surface and then "bounces" back upwards - is that intentional?

Knutte 08-23-22 10:06 AM

I love the return of LSH!

I only thing I would love is to have an additional camoflague for my sub, since the modded textures are lovely but a little more is always welcome but I am not sure how to do it
Any help would be greatly appreciated!´

Also is it me or does LSH seem a little easy ? I am currently in March 1940 and I can just bully a convoy with immunity

rainbowjose 08-26-22 05:23 PM

Didn't find an option to remove idiotic games with dock gates. Absolutely moronic decision of the developers.

FUBAR295 08-26-22 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowjose (Post 2824930)
Didn't find an option to remove idiotic games with dock gates. Absolutely moronic decision of the developers.

If you use SH3 Commander you can select to "Start at sea" and avoid those locks. :yep:

JuanLiquid 08-27-22 02:16 AM

Hello!

Thanks for LSH2022. There is a small bug in the installer that it doesn't recognize a legal SH3 installation (purchased 10 years ago or more from Ubisoft website) if it's installed in C:\SH3\. I had to create a copy of the folder and name it C:\SilentHunterIII\

The big problem I see with this mod is the nights. They are too lit, they seems an afternoon instead a night (tested on Mediterranean, new campaign, 1942, 3.00AM). Is any way to fix this?

bedros 08-28-22 11:22 AM

How does Wolfpack works?

Hi to everybody, first of all thanks for this spectacular mod, I'm wondering how Wolfpack works because I've noticed that when activated some subs spawns near convoy position but they are stuck there and doesn't move; it's a problem for my version or it works this way?

Aktungbby 08-28-22 11:47 AM

Welcome aboard!

bedros!:Kaleun_Salute: you should ask in the Wolfpack forum; this is an SH III thread. :hmmm:

propbeanie 08-28-22 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedros (Post 2825175)
Hi to everybody, first of all thanks for this spectacular mod, I'm wondering how Wolfpack works because I've noticed that when activated some subs spawns near convoy position but they are stuck there and doesn't move; it's a problem for my version or it works this way?

Now bedros, it is the old "Pay no attention to the old man behind the curtain" routine... lol - you are not supposed to notice the set of the stage, only the illusion from your own submarine! lol - the wolfpack subs in LSH do not move - they have plenty of targets where they sit! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubIpoPjBUds

:yeah:

bedros 08-28-22 01:33 PM

Thanks for the answer, do you confirm that they doesn't run away when engaged by destroyers?😅

propbeanie 08-28-22 02:57 PM

Yes, I can confirm that they are stationary, though I am not one of the LSH team members, just that I have observed the same behavior in my install. Perhaps one of the team members will happen along, and they might say "What? That isn't supposed to happen!" and will have a fix... I have not looked into how they built their AI subs for the wolfpacks, but most of the mods do not have moving submerged subs. Maybe we'll hear from someone who does have them. In SH4, there are four mods that have moving submerged subs, OpMonsun, Dark Waters, FotRSU and TMO_BH. Perhaps the same can be made to function in SH3? There are differences in the US Pacific subs, since they are built differently from the German versions and can shoot torpedoes, though not very accurately... :roll:

bedros 08-28-22 04:21 PM

Thank you prop, anyway there is another Wolfpack mod with Moving subs, but I don't know if it works with gwx or lsh, I'll try.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...=206353&page=5

bedros 08-29-22 02:05 PM

Problem with 30th flotilla (Costanza)

Hi to everyone, I'm playing LSH3 2022, I'm having problem when I select 30th flotilla, instead to start in costanza my sub start in 0;0 coordinates (gulf of new guinea).
Someone can help me edit correct coordinates for black sea?

blueduck 08-29-22 02:41 PM

Well guys,

the wolfpack function and the required subs are originally made by h.sie and have not been changed by LSH3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedros (Post 2825308)
Hi to everyone, I'm playing LSH3 2022, I'm having problem when I select 30th flotilla, instead to start in costanza my sub start in 0;0 coordinates (gulf of new guinea).
Someone can help me edit correct coordinates for black sea?

Hi bedros,

as Mad Mardigan wrote a few posts before (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=102)
never change any equipment before you have finished the first patrol!
That will definitely get you to the equator!

Regards
Blueduck

bedros 08-29-22 02:51 PM

Yes I know, but it doesn't work neither with new campaign instead the Asian flotilla does, the problem must be something else.

Archive1 08-29-22 10:53 PM

Gramaphone silence

U-snafu:
My error. Actually OGG sound files do not work in LSG3-2022 for the Gramaphone. As far as I can tell nothing works. My 1939-45 period OGG sound files work perfectly in last version of LSH3, but not in the latest release.
Can one of the program active design people weigh in on this problem - why the Gramaphone is non-functional?
Archive1 :k_confused: