SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   SH4 uboat bugs thread. (Read past the first post before posting replies) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131872)

nautilus42 03-02-08 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiplord
Quote:

Originally Posted by nautilus42

<Edit unnecessary comments>

For 10 Bucks one can not even expect that Ubisoft has run some sort of quality assurance over this product :roll:

For 10 Bucks i get 100 Bugs and more!!!!!!:yep:

Reece 03-02-08 08:29 PM

Quote:

For 10 Bucks i get 100 Bugs and more!!!!!!:yep:
Your lucky, I had to pay $30 for my set of bugs!:lol:

Soviet_Warlord 03-02-08 09:50 PM

I intercepted this Task Force, and the lead battleship was a Nevada-class. When I went to the recognition manual, I flipped through all the ships and couldn't find it. Does anyone have the Nevada class BB in their manuals?

Jinx_ 03-02-08 11:09 PM

Only get the crew bug randomly while submerged it usualy fixes itself in around 5-10min.

JT1981 03-03-08 09:42 AM

Hi,guys,i think this is a bug.The magnification of attack periscope should be 6*,but in the game it shows 4*,and when you switch to the exterior view,you will find the in the left on the attack periscope,there says 1.5* and 6*.

does anyone has this problem??

CCIP 03-04-08 10:18 AM

A few picky technical things -

The KDB hydrophone rotates on its side through the forward torpedo hatch :doh:
That's not how it should be!

The IXD2 shouldn't have one screw inactive when recharging. Unlike all other U-boats, it had a 2nd set of diesels which it could use to recharge batteries independent of propulsion.

The IXD2 seems seriously out of trim when underwater. The bow planes are always down and the stern planes are up (meaning it's bow-light), and the boat bobs up and down while traveling at depth. It should probably be trimmed a bit more neutrally.

CCIP 03-04-08 11:36 AM

:o

Okay, something's definitely fishy with the deck watch.

Before they wouldn't go in, now they won't come out! I'm surfaced (and resurfaced a few times, even) and they're all inside and won't budge.
And this is where the CO2 non-recharge also hit me.

I think there is some sort of confusion in the sub's surfaced/submerged state change that gets stuck.

AVGWarhawk 03-04-08 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Quote:

Originally Posted by capthelm
frame rates are a disaster in this addon. total mess now compared to 1.4

My machine is borderline for 1.4: ASUS A7N8X, Athlon XP 3000+, 7600GT, SB Live! card (ie not using on-board sound). I get in the mid-20s with 1.4 / Trigger Maru / RSRDC. No ROW, because ROW puts the framerates around 15, which is unusable. Mid-20s is usable, I know that comes as a shock to you guys who have frame rates in the 100s.

1.5 puts framerate at 14. This is on the bridge, nice weather, calm seas. It's unusable. I bet it's because of the ROW stuff added.

My frames are great with the addon. Very stead also.

Ducimus 03-04-08 03:29 PM

Since i don't see a 1.5 issues thread...

Has anyone else noticed you can't recruit anymore officers on fleet boats? Through process of elimination ive figured out the game is limiting officer numbers to ONE.

Not an issue with 1.4, and occurs in stock 1.5. Is there a variable/file im missing somewhere, or is this a hardcoded limitation?

BTW, ive noticed alot of small sublte improvements under 1.5. Such Radar turns on automatically when surfacing, and the deck gun crew bug seems to be fixed.

snakeyez 03-04-08 05:49 PM

Can you level crewmembers up to officer and have more than one?

This sounds kinda whack. Good find.

AVGWarhawk 03-04-08 05:55 PM

I'm going to try this out Duci.

Ducimus 03-04-08 06:03 PM

Cool thanks. I will not be surpised if this is a "unique" problem on my end though. I got the crew special abilites working for the pacific game. I noticed this when trying to grab one of those cool new officers from the barracks.

CCIP 03-04-08 06:07 PM

There is a bugs thread in the U-boat missions sub-forum!

I haven't seen it to 1. On U-boats there is definitely a limit though. Is there a file responsible for this?

Zantham 03-04-08 06:37 PM

I was looking in the NSS_Uboat18.upcge file in \Data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat18
It has these lines:
MaxPettyOfficers=32 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 4
MaxOfficers=6 ; max number of crewmembers over rank 7

Does that help?

CCIP 03-04-08 06:38 PM

Where are you testing the frames also? Open sea or in port?