SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Improved Stock Environment (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=194657)

Dogfish40 08-14-12 10:13 AM

GFO W' ISE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caustic (Post 1920877)
Since GFO is closely related to SH4 v1.5, I think Improved Stock Environment will work with it. You should overwrite the GFO environment if you want to use my mod. Also, GFO primarily changes the gameplay mechanics and the modifications to the environment are very minor.

Yes, I just ran the game last night and played both ways (GFO activated first and Vis versa) and there were no real problems. They share more files than I thought they would so I'll have to look into those over the next couple days to see which order I would keep the mods in. I have to say that the ISE looks great so far, I just started a new campaign solely for this mod and I can't wait for the first storm ect. I know just how difficult it is to create a really good looking Environment mod for SH4 (or any of them for that matter) because there are so few.
Anyway, Great Job Caustic. I can't wait to get home tonight to see some more.
:up::up::up:
D40

ryanwigginton 09-29-12 04:10 AM

First time I've come across this mod. Really nice work Caustic. Any chance we'll see the optional mods packaged for TMO?

@Flybywire are you still using the optional mods with TMO? Did you come across any problems?

LtzS_Petersen 09-29-12 04:54 AM

It works with GFO, nice. I give it a try. :up:

SkyBaron 10-20-12 10:10 AM

Awesome work Caustic! Love the colors and new water animation. This mod got me back to playing SH4! :)

Dogfish40 10-25-12 09:29 AM

A Request

Ahoy Caustic.
I really love the mod. I'm using it at the moment and there are so many good things about it I can't list'em all here.
However...One little observation. I don't see any sea foam. Especially when the water is a bit calm, it looks like I'm on a fresh water lake. Could you add some?
I have three of the files loaded, could it be that I only need the latest file installed?
Anyway, please come back with some thoughts about this, I really like the rest of what I see here.
Cheers mate.
D40 :up:

Encrusted_Garlic 10-30-12 09:15 AM

I really like this one a lot..... seems more natural and imersive then anything else I have used. Good work!

BigWalleye 10-30-12 09:24 AM

"More immersive" is high praise for a submarine sim!

Encrusted_Garlic 10-30-12 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWalleye (Post 1954486)
"More immersive" is high praise for a submarine sim!

yes sir.... and cudos to you for spelling it correctly, which i didnt....

Dogfish40 10-30-12 01:09 PM

Caustic/'Nother Question

Hi Caustic,
I'm using V3. Should I be using this as a stand alone. In short, does V3 incorperate the add on folders like "New clouds & Waves" ect??
Orrrr...Do I need to add these in as needed?
Thanks
D40:D:hmmm::06:

Caustic 10-30-12 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogfish40 (Post 1954648)
Hi Caustic,
I'm using V3. Should I be using this as a stand alone. In short, does V3 incorperate the add on folders like "New clouds & Waves" ect??
Orrrr...Do I need to add these in as needed?
Thanks
D40:D:hmmm::06:

New Clouds and Colors are addons for version 3 and should be installed after you install the main mod.

Caustic 10-30-12 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogfish40 (Post 1952488)
Ahoy Caustic.
I really love the mod. I'm using it at the moment and there are so many good things about it I can't list'em all here.
However...One little observation. I don't see any sea foam. Especially when the water is a bit calm, it looks like I'm on a fresh water lake. Could you add some?
I have three of the files loaded, could it be that I only need the latest file installed?
Anyway, please come back with some thoughts about this, I really like the rest of what I see here.
Cheers mate.
D40 :up:

I believe this glassy effect is caused by the water shaders that are used in ISE. You can use the stock water shaders by removing the file in Improved Stock Environment v3 -> data/shaders/water/WaterFoam.ps. Let me know if this fixes your problem. You only need to use one version of Improved Stock Environment.

:up:

fitzcarraldo 10-30-12 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caustic (Post 1954748)
I believe this glassy effect is caused by the water shaders that are used in ISE. You can use the stock water shaders by removing the file in Improved Stock Environment v3 -> data/shaders/water/WaterFoam.ps. Let me know if this fixes your problem. You only need to use one version of Improved Stock Environment.

:up:

For me, the sea foam in SH3 and SH4 appears when the wind is a little high, itīs a caractheristic of the games. I use ISE with the optionals over TMO 25 and it looks very pretty.

If itīs possible to add some foam in calm water...but I think itīs hard coded in SH4.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :up:

neilbyrne 12-08-13 04:01 PM

I just found this mod as a result of a ?? in another thread asking folks what mods they're running.

Just loaded it in and all the folks who say it changes the whole experience are right. Great work. :yeah:

Or as we say in the navy, Bravo Zulu.

bybyx 03-23-14 03:54 AM

Can I use this with TMO 2.5, RSRD and OTC?

fitzcarraldo 03-23-14 09:30 AM

Yes mate, you can use this mod.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute: