SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] OLC Ubermod v2.4.3 for GWX 2.1 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134186)

JScones 04-19-08 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuss
Hi OLC,

one last question, before you go to sleep:

Cold there be a problem with the ubermod when starting a new career at Memel in August 1939? When the mod is activated the game teleports me to West-Africa. Nice and warm there but I don´t want to get there at this moment. When ubermod is deactivated I stay at Memel.

Regards
Nuss

:doh:
OK, my first question: where the hell is Memel?
I'm starting up SH3 commander, new career, start date 8/39, and it's giving me a choice of Kiel, Willhelmshaven, or "Error!" (that's what it says).

No "Memel"

This is because:

GWX 2.1 *_menu.txt:
Quote:

750=Kiel
751=Brest
752=Wilhelmshaven
753=Lorient
754=St. Nazaire
755=Bergen
756=Bordeaux
757=La Spezia
758=Toulon
759=Flensburg
760=Constanza
761=Penang
762=Jakarta
763=Salamis
764=Trondheim
765=Königsberg
OLC *_menu.txt:
Quote:

750=Kiel
751=Brest
752=Wilhelmshaven
753=Lorient
754=St. Nazaire
755=Bergen
756=Bordeaux
757=La Spezia
758=Toulon
759=Flensburg
760=Constanza
761=Penang
762=Jakarta
763=Salamis
764=Trondheim
You're missing Königsberg (not Memel, no idea where Nuss got that from, unless he is referring to WAC).

andqui 04-19-08 09:19 AM

thank you

pkl75 04-19-08 09:32 AM

Any brighter version?

Hi OLC, I haven't asked about this for a while? In v. 1.2.3, did you make a "less dark" version or did you leave the idea? How about the Ubermod, how can I make it less dark if there still is a way?

Thanks for great work, important part of SH3. :up:

Regards,

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 09:32 AM

Ah, thanks very much JS!

JScones 04-19-08 09:36 AM

I should have mentioned - I'm really looking forward to trying this out, having only just noticed it today (yeah, I'm a bit behind with the latest mod developments!). :up: :rock:

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones
I should have mentioned - I'm really looking forward to trying this out, having only just noticed it today (yeah, I'm a bit behind with the latest mod developments!). :up: :rock:

I really hope you like it, what with all the great stuff you've given me!

Nuss 04-19-08 09:46 AM

Memel, the last

Hi Olc,

before I come back to this old Memel, I must say that the new effects (colours, waves etc.) in the ubermod are outstanding. As the ubermod doesn´t like Memel I started from Wilhelmhaven in the evening: beautiful.

Now to this damned Memel: It is a new port in GWX 2.1 east of Königsberg. I only have GWX 2.1 and your ubermod as mods. Should be he same problem as with the missing Königberg.

Best regards
Nuss

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 09:55 AM

Quote:

Hi Olc,

before I come back to this old Memel, I must say that the new effects (colours, waves etc.) in the ubermod are outstanding. As the ubermod doesn´t like Memel I started from Wilhelmhaven in the evening: beautiful.

Now to this damned Memel: It is a new port in GWX 2.1 east of Königsberg. I only have GWX 2.1 and your ubermod as mods. Should be he same problem as with the missing Königberg.

Best regards
Nuss

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
BTW I just started a new 7th Flotilla career (8/39) and I started in the right place (Königsberg).
So, to replicate your problem, presumably I need to dock at this Memel place, reload, and set sail again?

Nuss 04-19-08 10:22 AM

Memel, the very last

Hi Olc,

in my present SH3 version (with GWX 2.1 activated and your ubermod deactivated) I can only start at Memel east of Königsberg in the 7th flotilla at August 1939. Königberg is of course on the map when on sea but I can not start there when beginning a new career. With your ubermod activated the port is still there but has no name and I am teleported to Africa.

I think I forget this old Memel and start more west at Wilhelmshaven or Kiel.

Perhaps I start a new topic "Who else knows Memel?"

Best regards
Nuss

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 10:24 AM

Quote:

Hi Olc,

in my present SH3 version (with GWX 2.1 activated and your ubermod deactivated) I can only start at Memel east of Königsberg in the 7th flotilla at August 1939. Königberg is of course on the map when on sea but I can not start there when beginning a new career. With your ubermod activated the port is still there but has no name and I am teleported to Africa.

I think I forget this old Memel and start more west at Wilhelmshaven or Kiel.

Perhaps I start a new topic "Who else knows Memel?"

Best regards
Nuss

Well, I can see Memel on the map, but when I start a 7th Flotilla career I start in Konigsberg, not Memel. It sounds like Konigsberg is correct, from what JS said. :hmm:

I'll try it without SH3 Commander and see what happens.

nik112 04-19-08 10:34 AM

olce2

hi
just one quick quest
i want to use olce2 without gui because i dont use manual targeting. which files i ll put inside the mods folder or which files must to be deleted
cheers

Philipp_Thomsen 04-19-08 10:47 AM

SUPPERB MOD! :up: :rock:

Congratz, OLC!

Nuss 04-19-08 10:55 AM

Memel, the absolute last

Hi Olc,

in the en_ menu.txt of GWX 2.1 there is Königsberg in line 765, in the de-menu.txt there is Memel in that line. I use the de-menu.txt.

That seems to be the problem. These files should be identical within GWX 2.1 and within your ubermod.

Best regards
Nuss

onelifecrisis 04-19-08 11:09 AM

OLC Ubermod v1.1 is now uploading to FF

Post #1 will be updated when it has uploaded.

The changes in v1.1 are:
  • Split OLCE2 and OLC GUI Special into two mods which can be enabled or disabled seperately.
  • Fixed a compatibility issue with GWX 2.1 (en_menu.txt and de_menu.txt have been brought up to date to include the GWX 2.1 changes).
  • Included the SH3 Commander files which are required by OLC GUI Special (these were accidentally omitted from v1.0).
  • Added a readme.

Philipp_Thomsen 04-19-08 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Post #1 will be updated when it has uploaded.

The changes in v1.1 are:
  • Split OLCE2 and OLC GUI Special into two mods which can be enabled or disabled seperately.
  • Fixed a compatibility issue with GWX 2.1 (en_menu.txt and de_menu.txt have been brought up to date to include the GWX 2.1 changes).
  • Included the SH3 Commander files which are required by OLC GUI Special (these were accidentally omitted from v1.0).
  • Added a readme.

That was the fastest upgrade to any release here at subsim! :lol: