SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2007 Subsim Almanac: The Book about your website (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=100080)

vois2 01-05-07 12:49 AM

shipping to Israel

I apologize for not having read the posts above tonight, but I'm tired.

Neal, can I order the almanac (my U.S. bank) and have it shipped to Israel for the $28.50 price, or could you check into that please?

Thanks very much.

STEED 01-05-07 08:39 AM

I have been ripped off over the net in the past and no longer do any transactions over the net.

Neal, can I order this book from my local bookshop? And if I can, can you pass on the ISBN to me.

Thanks.

Onkel Neal 01-05-07 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vois2
I apologize for not having read the posts above tonight, but I'm tired.

Neal, can I order the almanac (my U.S. bank) and have it shipped to Israel for the $28.50 price, or could you check into that please?

Thanks very much.

Yes, certainly, thanks! US bank checks are fine. Non-US check cost me $5 to process, but American Express traveler's checks and US money orders work fine, too. Shipping to Israel is same as Europe. Shipping by air (fast) to Israel is $12.80, but surface should get it there in a couple weeks.

thanks!
Neal

Onkel Neal 01-05-07 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEED
I have been ripped off over the net in the past and no longer do any transactions over the net.

Neal, can I order this book from my local bookshop? And if I can, can you pass on the ISBN to me.

Thanks.

Aye, when the book is finally released later this month, you can order it from most bookstore, I will send you the ISBN.

Thanks
Neal

STEED 01-05-07 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Quote:

Thanks.

Aye, when the book is finally released later this month, you can order it from most bookstore, I will send you the ISBN.

Thanks
Neal

Many thanks Neal. :up:

A lot of bookshops here ask you do you know the ISBN, don't ask me why. :-?

Jimbuna 01-05-07 05:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.

Thanks
Neal

There you go mate...this will explain it :up:

http://www.isbn-international.org/en/whatis.html

STEED 01-05-07 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.

Thanks
Neal

I know what it means, it's just some times you come up against pain in the backside sale persons for example, a couple of years ago I had the title of the book and publisher and authors name but no they wanted the ISBN how was I to know that, any way I asked how did you find books before the ISBN thats easy title of the book, publisher and author. Yes I just gave you that, result from the sales person yes but I still need the ISBN. :damn:

I nearly did a Basil Fawlty on them. :lol: Any way I got the book in the end.

Onkel Neal 01-05-07 06:12 PM

Quote:

.... Any way I got the book in the end.

Jeez! :o

Next time insist on getting it handed to you.

STEED 01-05-07 06:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

.... Any way I got the book in the end.

Jeez! :o

Next time insist on getting it handed to you.

It was a book order Neal, I suspect the sales person was trying too be a smart ar*e.

Jimbuna 01-06-07 09:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.

Thanks
Neal

I know what it means, it's just some times you come up against pain in the backside sale persons for example, a couple of years ago I had the title of the book and publisher and authors name but no they wanted the ISBN how was I to know that, any way I asked how did you find books before the ISBN thats easy title of the book, publisher and author. Yes I just gave you that, result from the sales person yes but I still need the ISBN. :damn:

I nearly did a Basil Fawlty on them. :lol: Any way I got the book in the end.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Very understandable mate :up:

Pioneer 01-09-07 09:04 PM

Neal,
Earlier in the thread you said publishing was Jan 13.
You still on target for that? Or is that the "mail out" date?

Linton 01-10-07 05:20 AM

Ordering problem!!

I have just tried ordering but the paypal system is having difficulties.I used my creditcard and tried twice.I just hope that I do not end up with two copies.:o:o

Onkel Neal 01-10-07 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioneer
Neal,
Earlier in the thread you said publishing was Jan 13.
You still on target for that? Or is that the "mail out" date?

That's the submit to the publisher house date. The proofreader firm has not completed all the edits, but I anticipate they will by Friday. Then the publication will begin. The mail out date will be ~Jan 26, the date of Subsim's 10th anniversary.

thanks!
Neal

Onkel Neal 01-10-07 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linton
I have just tried ordering but the paypal system is having difficulties.I used my creditcard and tried twice.I just hope that I do not end up with two copies.:o:o

I'll check for your payment, if there are two entries I will refund one. thanks!

Neal

STEED 01-21-07 06:58 PM

Is the book out yet?