SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   The Unofficial "Official" SH3 screenshot thread! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=83681)

Jimbuna 03-02-12 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner (Post 1848576)
@Jim excellent shots as usual mate :salute:

One question .......... do you run the res fix? I'm lucky if I can catch a couple of shots per week before I get constant CTD's :wah:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Danke Matey.....no res fix at my end...I have a 22" widescreen monitor set to 'auto'.

Fubar2Niner 03-02-12 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1848594)
Danke Matey.....no res fix at my end...I have a 22" widescreen monitor set to 'auto'.

Yep, that'd explain it. Damn this ol' resfix. Kinda like a women, can't live with it, can't live without it, to coin a phrase :)........ Had an urge to quote an old comedian for a mo, can't remember the name but it went........ 'Women..... Can't live with them........ Can't live with them!'

Always kinda tickled me :haha:

Thanks for the info Jim :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Jimbuna 03-02-12 03:21 PM

No prob :sunny:

Sepp von Ch. 03-03-12 12:45 PM

This picture with Viermastbark "Pamir" is jimbuna also from a single mission? I have activated this Pamir-mod, but I canīt see it in museum in "Germany"-"Merchant ships":cry:

Jimbuna 03-03-12 06:20 PM

I scripted her into my campaign and she sails in and out of Wilhemshaven regularly.

Sepp von Ch. 03-03-12 06:25 PM

OK. Sorry for OT, but why to script this ship in GWX campaign?

Jimbuna 03-03-12 06:47 PM

If you don't script her in the game engine will not show her during gameplay/she will not appear.

Sepp von Ch. 03-04-12 04:16 AM

Yes, but how to script this ship into Kiel campaign?

fitzcarraldo 03-04-12 06:56 AM

If you add this ship as "merchant" in the roster, as a ship of MFM, it will appear randomly in the campaign. Then, it will appear alone in the seas or as part of a convoy. If you can live with the Pamir in a convoy, no need of scripting with the ME.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Note: As Jimbuna, I have the Pamir scripted, but it sails in a fictional journey from Kiel to the Caribbean seas and return - 1939-1941.

Jimbuna 03-04-12 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz (Post 1849108)
This picture with Viermastbark "Pamir" is jimbuna also from a single mission? I have activated this Pamir-mod, but I canīt see it in museum in "Germany"-"Merchant ships":cry:

That is strange...I've enabled her via JSGME and here is a museum picture:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9615/55792922.jpg

Jimbuna 03-04-12 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz (Post 1849459)
Yes, but how to script this ship into Kiel campaign?

A quick guide using a simple route:

Open Mission Editor > File > Open Scripted Layer > Campaign_Scr

Zoom into Cuxhaven > Sea tab (right hand side) > Roster > German > drag MC Pamir to a little off the Cuxhaven harbour

A box will open, choose start and end time as well as heading and speed etc. (see my image).

Click on Accept > Left click ship icon to highlight then right click on Add Waypoint.

Left click the position of each waypoint and ensure your final waypoint completes the voyage > right click and choose Properties > choose loop to waypoint and select the number of your first waypoint then set loop probability to 100%.

You have now ordered a neverending voyage (within your start and finish dates) for the vessel.

Once you get the hang of this you can go on to create more intricate voyages with orders to return or dissapear at any point you wish.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9958/86111372.jpg

Fubar2Niner 03-04-12 10:44 AM

@Jim

Handsome tuition mate. For the first time I'm tempted to look at this mission editor gizmo :yeah:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

fitzcarraldo 03-04-12 11:36 AM

Also try the WB Scripted Ships, here in SUBSIM. Open the files with ME and you will know how to make scripting in an easy and effective way. I learn a lot with this WB files.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Jimbuna 03-04-12 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner (Post 1849576)
@Jim

Handsome tuition mate. For the first time I'm tempted to look at this mission editor gizmo :yeah:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Any probs or questions...simply holler :sunny:

Jimbuna 03-04-12 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 1849589)
Also try the WB Scripted Ships, here in SUBSIM. Open the files with ME and you will know how to make scripting in an easy and effective way. I learn a lot with this WB files.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

I've heard of this guy...I hear he was taught by some of the best :hmmm: