SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   GR2 Editor/Viewer/Extractor/Importer (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=188290)

Vanilla 03-18-12 01:16 PM

@TDW

Quote:

- bug: cannot clone bone SQ_SQ_WP02_DOOR, gives unhandled exception: cannot convert bone to skeleton error
This is in /Submarine/Common/Rooms/Waypoints_Room_QR2.gr2 , sorry for not giving the file name in the first post, this is what happens when you do something at 3:30AM... :doh:

Thanks for lightning fast error corrections!

TheDarkWraith 03-18-12 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGREG (Post 1856963)

and i have nothing change in the ambient, diffuse, or specular color of the light

Edit : and i have try with other colors ( or with the 3 settings in white) ,the lighting change.But,no bumpmaps !

I'm at a loss, I don't know why you are having problems :hmmm: Can anyone else view bump maps with lighting enabled?

If you go to the materials tab and try to view the texture used for the bump map can you view it? Is it black or is something rendered in the window?

Rubini 03-18-12 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1856968)
Writing code for it as I speak :DL Hopefully be done with it before end of today

:salute::woot:

TheDarkWraith 03-18-12 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla (Post 1856970)
@TDW

This is in /Submarine/Common/Rooms/Waypoints_Room_QR2.gr2 , sorry for not giving the file name in the first post, this is what happens when you do something at 3:30AM... :doh:

Thanks for lightning fast error corrections!

Have you tried cloning that bone with the new test version? I just tried it and it clones fine. I probably fixed the problem with the changes made in the last two test versions. Let me know if it's still a problem for you to clone it :up:

The 'lightning fast corrections' only happens because you all report the errors:yeah: Without the feedback I wouldn't know. The reason I release test versions so often is because I like to make a few small changes and maybe one big change and then let you all test it to see if I broke something. It's easier to fix the bugs/errors this way :yep:

Vanilla 03-18-12 01:32 PM

I did a quick check, here is what I've found (opened /Common/Rooms/Room_CT.gr2):
1. Enabled 3 lights (directional, point, spotlight) of different colours, all work.
2. Switched to 'Rendering' tab, unchecked 'Specular - Enabled', nothing changed, checked it back, suddenly all goes flooded with white light (the picture is there but it is all in like a light-white fog), appears that it is checked wrongly at the start(?).
3. Switched to programmable shaders, all went black. :o Disabled/enabled the lights, tried many other things, still all black unless I switch it back to fixed.
4. I am not sure how to check the bumpmap, but I see bumps in fixed shaders. Sorry for being silly, I don't really into 3d that much. Can do other checks if you tell me what to do.

Max # lights 10/3, status doesn't give any errors.

TheDarkWraith 03-18-12 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla (Post 1856980)
I did a quick check, here is what I found (opened /Common/Rooms/Room_CT.gr2):
1. Enabled 3 lights (directional, point, spotlight) of different colours, all work.
2. Switched to 'Rendering' tab, unchecked 'Specular - Enabled', nothing changed, checked it back, suddenly all goes flooded with white light (the picture is there but it is all in like a light-white fog), appears that it is checked wrongly at the start(?).
3. Switched to programmable shaders, all went black. :o Disabled/enabled the lights, tried many other things, still all black.
4. I am not sure how to check the bumpmap, but I see bumps in fixed shaders. Sorry for being silly. Can do other checks if you tell me what to do.

Excellent, well not excellent because it appears you found a bug. Now I must see what's going on :yeah:

BIGREG 03-18-12 01:37 PM

Exactly the same problem as Vanilla,with the no render BumpMaps after editing :hmmm:

I have a Radeon 59** serie

TheDarkWraith 03-18-12 01:42 PM

I can't reproduce the above. Everything renders fine not matter what I select/unselect. The specular checkbox does seem to be 'backwards' from the start and I will fix that. But I can't reproduce this blackness rendering...try this when you get blackness rendering click Shaders-->Recompile.

When you unzip the new test versions you are using the new included Shaders folder also correct?

Maybe a clue is in the video card...Vanilla what kind of video card do you have? I have an nVidia 590 :hmmm:

Vanilla 03-18-12 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGREG (Post 1856987)
Exactly the same problem as Vanilla,with the no render BumpMaps after editing :hmmm:

I have a Radeon 59** serie

@BIGREG,

I don't like silly questions myself, but please tell me your modding: will it be possible, providing we 'rename' all the textures, replace those silly plaques in the E-machine room? I mean things like word 'range' over all the volt- and ammeters there? :dead:

TheDarkWraith 03-18-12 01:45 PM

What video card are you using Vanilla?

Here's something to try also: when the 'blackness' appears uncheck Bump map enabled under Rendering tab and see what happens :hmmm:

Vanilla 03-18-12 01:49 PM

Recompile didn't work, but that reminded me of one thing: I actually tried that yesterday on my laptop, I mean changing from fixed shaders to programmable, and you know what, I remember for sure that it worked, I mean I saw exactly the same picture after enabling 'programmable' and recompiling the shaders. My laptop has NVidia card, my desktop I did the last test on has ATI card, maybe that is the problem?

Vanilla 03-18-12 01:51 PM

Tried recompiling with Specular disabled/enabled, with Bumpmap enable/disabled to no avail, still black, sorry. :cry:

BIGREG 03-18-12 01:52 PM

[Quote :] I don't like silly questions myself, but please tell me your modding: will it be possible, providing we 'rename' all the textures, replace those silly plaques in the E-machine room? I mean things like word 'range' over all the volt- and ammeters there? :dead:
Yes we can change them,But if i remenber ,just one texture and location is used :-?

TheDarkWraith 03-18-12 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla (Post 1856996)
Recompile didn't work, but that reminded me of one thing: I actually tried that yesterday on my laptop, I mean changing from fixed shaders to programmable, and you know what, I remember for sure that it worked, I mean I saw exactly the same picture after enabling 'programmable' and recompiling the shaders. My laptop has NVidia card, my desktop I did the last test on has ATI card, maybe that is the problem?

That's what I'm thinking also...seems to be a video card brand issue. But I don't understand why :hmmm: Shaders should be device independent. The only problem I can see is if the users video card doesn't support vertex shader model 3.0 and/or pixel shader model 3.0. But this shouldn't be a problem as I query the users video card to see if they support it or not. If it doesn't then I disable programmable shaders from being able to be selected :hmmm:

Vanilla 03-18-12 02:05 PM

Kick-started the laptop: I confirm, it works on the laptop, bumpmap including, the only thing that is different is that the gauges faces are all-black when in programmable mode. The cards:
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M - works
- ATI Radeon HD 5850 - no go :(

Pathetic... Don't you hate it! When I was doing web-design it was soooo hateful to adjust all the pages to all the different browsers out there and it still didn't work on some, I thought cross-browser compatibility is the worst nightmare of IT and here we have problems with vcard brands... I don't have a clue on how and if at all this problem could be tackled. I am sorry TDW... :cry: