SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] Mega-Mod for SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176123)

stoianm 02-09-11 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1593948)
Excellent find! I'll update the documentation in the user option file to point you to this location when you update your uboat hull number so both will jive :up:

do not rush ... after i changed when i start the game this file is ovewrritted - :hmmm: and is changing back by himself

you have iddea what file from main sh5 file ovewrrite this file in my doc?:hmmm:

TheDarkWraith 02-09-11 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ustahl (Post 1593560)
Hi TDW,

Might you have the time to look and reply on this posting of mine a few days ago:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=882

There are a few others, besides me, interested in that subject.:yep:

Thanks in advance!:salute:

You should be able to do what you are wanting to do. args.handled=True means that the event (in this case keydown) has been handled and can thus be 'closed' - no further processing needed by the game for it.

In the last patch for NewUIs I changed how hotkey presses worked. Only if the hotkey is enabled, the hotkey is pressed, and any modifiers are active (shift required, control required, etc.) then it will issue an args.hanlded=True. If the conditions are not met then args.Handled isn't set. Thus, theoretically, you should be able to assign say key B to something in the options file and shift+B to something else in the commands.cfg file.

TheDarkWraith 02-09-11 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1593953)
do not rush ... after i changed when i start the game this file is ovewrritted - :hmmm: and is changing back by himself

you have iddea what file from main sh5 file ovewrrite this file in my doc?:hmmm:

Well I have an idea.....it appears the game assigns you a unique hull number in the \Documents\SH5\data\cfg\playersettings.cfg file. What if instead of editing the options file to change your uboat hull number I read this file to get the uboat hull number? The only drawback is you can't assign your own u-boat hull number unless you edit that file. I think this is the best way to go.

stoianm 02-09-11 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1594019)
Well I have an idea.....it appears the game assigns you a unique hull number in the \Documents\SH5\data\cfg\playersettings.cfg file. What if instead of editing the options file to change your uboat hull number I read this file to get the uboat hull number? The only drawback is you can't assign your own u-boat hull number unless you edit that file. I think this is the best way to go.

Briliant ideea:woot: - no problem if we can not choose our number but in this way we are close from reality (BDU give use the uboat number and in game we will be called with the same name in both places) - but i think that somethimes this number is changing - can you program that to read this number each time when starting a new campaign?

P.S. I liked a lot to have my name diplayed on the game - in the messages radio box - :wah: but i think is much better in the way that you want to change now

TheDarkWraith 02-09-11 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1594031)
Briliant ideea:woot: - no problem if we can not choose our number but in this way we are close from reality (BDU give use the uboat number and in game we will be called with the same name in both places) - but i think that somethimes this number is changing - can you program that to read this number each time when starting a new campaign?

P.S. I liked a lot to have my name diplayed on the game - in the messages radio box - :wah: but i think is much better in the way that you want to change now

it's just an idea for now. I'll still keep things the way they are as I think this over.

stoianm 02-09-11 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1594034)
it's just an idea for now. I'll still keep things the way they are as I think this over.

ok - i will remaind you somethimes to be sure you not forget:)

Silent Steel 02-09-11 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1593953)

Mine changed too. :o

Strange - it worked at first when I just had changed the number :hmmm:

//

TheDarkWraith 02-09-11 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Steel (Post 1594102)
Mine changed too. :o

Strange - it worked at first when I just had changed the number :hmmm:

//

yes I noticed that the game overwrites this file everytime you start a career or single mission :hmmm:

Ducimus 02-09-11 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1593863)
Hi Ducimus,

You need to D/L to patch 1.2

And where would THAT be? I made sure i had the latest patch. From the horses mouth itself. Ubisoft:

Here's ALL the patch's Ubisoft has listed for SH5:
http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.asp...wnload&dcId=63

Just one patch. Version 1.1.

Which struck me as odd, i thought there was two. So i looked at Sh4's page to see if they were all listed there:
And they are.

So why would i not think that patch 1.1.5 is the latest one? If there's a patch 1.2, where the hell is it? Because it sure as hell isn't at ubisoft.

Trevally. 02-09-11 12:05 PM

You need to manually run the auto updater:har:

See C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater GU app
:up:

TheDarkWraith 02-09-11 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus (Post 1594121)
And where would THAT be? I made sure i had the latest patch. From the horses mouth itself. Ubisoft:

Here's ALL the patch's Ubisoft has listed for SH5:

Just one patch. Version 1.1.

Which struck me as odd, i thought there was two. So i looked at Sh4's page to see if they were all listed there:
And they are.

So why would i not think that patch 1.1.5 is the latest one? If there's a patch 1.2, where the hell is it? Because it sure as hell isn't at ubisoft.

there's an easy way to tell if you have the latest patch or not from Ubi. When the game starts at the menu screen look in the top right corner. It will tell you what version you are using. Mine says v. 1.2.0

Church SUBSIM 02-09-11 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus (Post 1594121)
And where would THAT be?

Go to C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater
run the little app (gu)

TheBeast 02-09-11 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haddock (Post 1593907)
Hello Kaleuns,
im still trying to figure out what is going on with my missing harbor (see post #890).
it seems im the only one who has this problem, so i thought it must be a currupt download of the OM-mod. i downloaded the mod again, and still getting this problem...

im not a computer expert, i only know the basics. so, i still have no clue whats going on here. can someone help please?
or do i have to get used to the "invisible secret german u-boot base"?:-?
i hope not, thx for any ideas.

I get this same problem where part or all of the harbor is not there. It normally happened to me after returning from patrol and starting new patrol.

CPU: Intel Quad-Core 9450 X2
VID: NVidia Geforce 465 XFS 1.5g
O/S: Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit
D/X: DirectX 11

Up to date drivers across entire system.
Problem appears to be DirectX Memory Leak for specific Video Cards/Drivers.

stoianm 02-09-11 12:12 PM

I understood that sometimes is not good to have the vga card drivers up to date - what is your vga drv serial and date?

Trevally. 02-09-11 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1594133)
I get this same problem where part or all of the harbor is not there. It normally happened to me after returning from patrol and starting new patrol.

CPU: Intel Quad-Core 9450 X2
VID: NVidia Geforce 465 XFS 1.5g
O/S: Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit
D/X: DirectX 11

Up to date drivers across entire system.
Problem appears to be DirectX Memory Leak for specific Video Cards/Drivers.

I think this was fixed for some by using the 3gig switch.
It was the 32bit OS causing it.

Sorry I dont know where the link for this switch was.
TDW posted it I think