SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   US Politics Thread 2021-24 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248184)

AVGWarhawk 03-12-21 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 2735807)
Hmmm, pull too many negative G's and it might cause the baby to pop right out early!

The Pentagon is going along with this.

Sonicfire1981 03-12-21 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2735803)
Looking forward to the maternity flight suits coming to the Air Force near you. Honestly Joe Biden, what the hell are you doing? Send pregnant women up in fighter aircraft to fight our wars? Trump might have been a dope but Biden is completely and utterly lost. :doh:

You're right. They should be sent back to the kitchen. women should cook well and deliver and raise american patriots to fight your wars. Women in jets. pregnant even. pff.
Seriously, watch less Tucker Carlson and think more for yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET2SN (Post 2735702)
local, right?" "Yep again.. Why?" "Well, Doc, I think you just won the lottery. Let's talk about my gnarly tooth and expensive ways to fix it right".

:D

You gotta pay for this yourself, too? ouch.

AVGWarhawk 03-12-21 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 (Post 2735816)
You're right. They should be sent back to the kitchen. women should cook well and deliver and raise american patriots to fight your wars. Women in jets. pregnant even. pff.
Seriously, watch less Tucker Carlson and think more for yourself.

Not the point. If one is visibly pregnant is it great idea to send her into combat? Is that the idea of maternity flight suits? What kind of flight time is permitted for pregnant military pilots? Do we really need to see how many Gs an unborn child can handle? What are the implications of say a miscarriage event while in flight? Just pull over and dial 911? Most if not all pregnant women will inquire with their doctor concerning flying. They are looking for the go ahead. And this is just sitting in coach. Not at the stick of a Galaxy.

Sonicfire1981 03-12-21 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2735818)
Not the point.

what - exactly - is not the point? calling out unreflected b**ls**t & sexism. because that is, by default, always the point.

Quote:

If one is visibly pregnant is it great idea to send her into combat?
No. But who does this?

AVGWarhawk 03-12-21 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 (Post 2735819)
what - exactly - is not the point? calling out unreflected b**ls**t & sexism. because that is, by default, always the point.

No. But who does this?

Exactly. What is the point of a maternity flight suit. Nothing to do with sexism. It's an article of clothing for pregnant woman to fly perhaps into combat. You say, who does this? Exactly, so what is the point having maternity flight suits? There is none.

Sonicfire1981 03-12-21 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2735820)
Exactly. What is the point of a maternity flight suit. Nothing to do with sexism. It's an article of clothing for pregnant woman to fly perhaps into combat. You say, who does this? Exactly, so what is the point having maternity flight suits? There is none.

Now I would have to ask you to stay on topic: In which sentence, exactly, of which article, by the way, is Joe Biden sending pregnant women to war?

And, *after that*,
what's the point of maternity belt adjusters? driving does endanger unborn kids way more than jet engines - that's a fact.
and what's the point of maternity seat cushions? I don't see how one can cook dinner while sitting on the couch.

AVGWarhawk 03-12-21 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 (Post 2735821)
Now I would have to ask you to stay on topic: In which sentence, exactly, of which article, by the way, is Joe Biden sending pregnant women to war?

And, *after that*,
what's the point of maternity belt adjusters? driving does endanger unborn kids way more than jet engines - that's a fact.
and what's the point of maternity seat cushions? I don't see how one can cook dinner while sitting on the couch.

Did Joe say he was not sending pregnant women into combat? Semantics. Furthermore, why bring it up at all a press conference? Of what purpose does it serve? Do we need to know at this particular time?

Sonicfire1981 03-12-21 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2735822)
Did Joe say he was not sending pregnant women into combat? Semantics. Furthermore, why bring it up at all a press conference? Of what purpose does it serve? Do we need to know at this particular time?

So he did not actually sent pregnant women to war?

AVGWarhawk 03-12-21 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 (Post 2735823)
So he did not actually sent pregnant women to war?

Currently there are no wars to fight. But I'm sure they will be along. Since there are maternity flight suits I guess he now can have them suit up and fly a F35. Why not right? Sexism and all. Im glad he mentioned this in his press conference. It certainly was on everyone's mind. You know, like vaccine delivery and such.

Rockstar 03-12-21 07:52 PM

What a Brown Shoe calls a flight suit. Navy and Coast Guard Black Shoes, Army pukes and your local shade tree mechanic call coveralls. They are not G-suits they're just plain ol' coveralls.

Sonicfire1981 03-12-21 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2735803)
Looking forward to the maternity flight suits coming to the Air Force near you. Honestly Joe Biden, what the hell are you doing? Send pregnant women up in fighter aircraft to fight our wars? Trump might have been a dope but Biden is completely and utterly lost. :doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2735824)
Currently there are no wars to fight. But I'm sure they will be along. Since there are maternity flight suits I guess he now can have them suit up and fly a F35. Why not right? Sexism and all. Im glad he mentioned this in his press conference. It certainly was on everyone's mind. You know, like vaccine delivery and such.

Yeah. "sexism and all" no biggy, right?
EDIT: I think I figured it out. Biden - or better his handlers - plan to draft all pregnant american women, force them into a F35, loose the war, get all F35 shot down in order to have the kids of illegal imigrants reign supreme. clever plan, you must give him that. sorry. you must give his handlers that.

also, hit us: you're unhappy with vaccine delivery?

August 03-12-21 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 (Post 2735830)
EDIT: I think I figured it out. Biden -

Careful bud, you're gonna strain a muscle stretching to defend the old boy.

AVGWarhawk 03-12-21 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 (Post 2735830)
Yeah. "sexism and all" no biggy, right?
EDIT: I think I figured it out. Biden - or better his handlers - plan to draft all pregnant american women, force them into a F35, loose the war, get all F35 shot down in order to have the kids of illegal imigrants reign supreme. clever plan, you must give him that. sorry. you must give his handlers that.

also, hit us: you're unhappy with vaccine delivery?

Not sure how illegal immigrants got into the mix.

3catcircus 03-12-21 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstar (Post 2735825)
What a Brown Shoe calls a flight suit. Navy and Coast Guard Black Shoes, Army pukes and your local shade tree mechanic call coveralls. They are not G-suits they're just plain ol' coveralls.

Slow down there. Those of us black shoes who are or were actual submariners call them poopy suits.

ET2SN 03-12-21 10:14 PM

As I understand it, "Brown shoes" mostly referred to Army (USAAF) officers who converted to the Air Force in 1949. The USAF had a new dress/working uniform of a blue suit and white or light blue shirt and black shoes. If the officer started out in the USAAF, they were grandfathered and could either wear the new uniform or the older Army khakis and brown shoes.

By the 1960's, "brown shoes" were senior USAF officers who had been around long enough that they had earned their commission in the Army, during or just after WWII.