SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   US Politics Thread 2021-24 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248184)

u crank 03-10-21 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2735285)
I guess people telling Trump he was demented was a praise then, taking awy his responsibility of talking rubbish all the time.

Why does that matter? We're not talking about Trump but we are talking about the current President. But ok then. Trump regularly talked to the media without a script. For doing that he was accused of the exact same thing that people are accusing Biden of. What am I missing here?

As a seventy year old guy I have a certain amount of sympathy for Biden. It is no fun. There are moments of confusion and forgetfulness. It doesn't mean that he can't be an effective President. But why be so dishonest about it? Why does the MSM not want to talk about it? And if it is true why would anyone defend or try to hide it rather than just being honest about it?

The sad fact is he won't get better. A bad , embarrassing moment is going to happen. Then what?

3catcircus 03-10-21 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u crank (Post 2735295)
Why does that matter? We're not talking about Trump but we are talking about the current President. But ok then. Trump regularly talked to the media without a script. For doing that he was accused of the exact same thing that people are accusing Biden of. What am I missing here?

As a seventy year old guy I have a certain amount of sympathy for Biden. It is no fun. There are moments of confusion and forgetfulness. It doesn't mean that he can't be an effective President. But why be so dishonest about it? Why does the MSM not want to talk about it? And if it is true why would anyone defend or try to hide it rather than just being honest about it?

The sad fact is he won't get better. A bad , embarrassing moment is going to happen. Then what?

Effective? The guy doesn't know where he is. He belongs in a care home. He is worse when he took office in January than Reagan was *after* he left office.

The guy is a dumpster fire. The question isn't even who are his wranglers; rather, who are the actual puppet masters?

u crank 03-10-21 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3catcircus (Post 2735309)
Effective? The guy doesn't know where he is. He belongs in a care home. He is worse when he took office in January than Reagan was *after* he left office.

I didn't say he was effective. I said he could be. Actually all of the policies he has put in place are bad. Most of the people he has appointed to high office are not there because they are effective. But those are separate arguments.

The main point to be made here is that (and there is lots of evidence) the Joe Biden of 2021 is not the Joe Biden of just a few years ago. In fact it is painfully obvious.

We shall see.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...n-covid-474919

AVGWarhawk 03-10-21 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u crank (Post 2735314)

It says it all right here:

Quote:

Part of the White House strategy before the Covid package passed was aimed at avoiding the kinds of storyline distractions that Biden can sometimes create in less guarded moments. That’s one reason the White House so far has avoided putting Biden in front of reporters for more in-depth questioning.
Less guarded by who? As stated, Biden is being handled. He is not leading anything.

mapuc 03-10-21 12:58 PM

(didn't know where to put this, I put it here because it has its border to USA

On a wall behind a man in a youtube video

I read following:

"The world need more Canada"

Now that's interesting, wonder what my American friends has to say about it.

Markus

August 03-10-21 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2735340)
"The world need more Canada"

Now that's interesting, wonder what my American friends has to say about it.

Markus

Opinions, everybody has them.

Rockstar 03-10-21 01:41 PM

No, what the world needs IS NOT more Canada. Have you ever seen their freaking geese? They're the meanest critters around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdhAFPWzFw

Bilge_Rat 03-10-21 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstar (Post 2735356)
No, what the world needs IS NOT more Canada. Have you ever seen their freaking geese? They're the meanest critters around.

yah they are mean buggers. We had geese that would land on our lawn every spring. Our dog used to love to bark and chase them away, until one faced him and charged him chasing him away. Since then, whenever Geese are around, he pretends he does not see them although I can see he is always checking what they are up to.

AVGWarhawk 03-10-21 03:50 PM

The 1.9 trillion COVID relief bill has passed. Only 20% is actually for COVID? Garbage bill full of pork.

Jeff-Groves 03-10-21 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstar (Post 2735356)

Damned Invasive species!
Protected by the The Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
They are a major problem in many areas!
Damned Canuks!!

PETA could argue the Guy in the video attempted to harm that Canuk.
So he could face charges.
He'd have to plead self defense.

eddie 03-10-21 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2735375)
The 1.9 trillion COVID relief bill has passed. Only 20% is actually for COVID? Garbage bill full of pork.

Sure as hell isn't as expensive as the Corporate Welfare tax bill passed by a Republican Congress under Trump,lol Not one bit of pork there either, talk about double standards. That bill still won't pay down on the deficit until after 2035 or 2040, even Senator Johnson admitted that, you know that idiot from Wisconsin

And you won't b...ch about that $1,400 check if you get one, more bullocks from the right!!!

August 03-10-21 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 2735382)
Sure as hell isn't as expensive as the Corporate Welfare tax bill passed by a Republican Congress under Trump,

It's not surprising that you would consider a tax cut to be the same thing as increased government spending. It's like you think it's all the governments money to begin with.

nikimcbee 03-10-21 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstar (Post 2734262)
Take note of the title. Then watch the video. From what little there was of him speaking (15 seconds) it's no wonder we haven't heard more of him lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqk3HbwNo1g

lol, I wonder how many takes that video clip took?

C'mon man, you guys...did what? to cornpop? Staged moon landing with Buzz lightyear.

Enjoy your high gas prices.

We shoulda done a pool on how long this DS lasts? Winner gets a BBQ dinner at Neal's pad, assuming they are not still under 10 feet of ice.:Kaleun_Cheers:

nikimcbee 03-10-21 06:30 PM

Are we allowed to post Cuomo Tyrannus' top 14 dating pick up lines here?

I've never laughed so hard.

In before snowflake, woke zuckerbots or the googleborg shows up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMd8rvCpIzg

Sonicfire1981 03-10-21 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 2735375)

Maybe there's a way you can return your cheque. If not, donate it to charity. I hear Trump has a pocket for it. He really needs it.